It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Robinesque Ruminations

page: 17
<< 14  15  16    18  19  20 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 11 2011 @ 10:34 AM
link   
Yesterday I described my vision of doom. I said I stopped my imagination as soon as I saw the first house tilt and start to sink. I just found the building in my vision. I suppose the river in my vision wasn't the Mississippi, it was this river, and this is the building I saw tilt and sink. Except it was blue in my mind.

www.youtube.com...

posted on Mar, 11 2011 @ 11:07 PM
link   
My wife said something that hit me to the core.
I tried to show her some maps of earthquakes.
She said,I don't want to see them ,if it's going to happen,
it's going to happen,there is nothing we can do about it.
And then she said,you just need to spend more time with me.
At that moment a picture pop up in my mind of a movie,
I think it was Day after Tomorrow,where this women was hugging her dad as a tsunami
washed over them.
And she is right,you will drive yourself crazy with this stuff,
we know it's coming,spend time with your family.
Ignorance is bliss!

posted on Mar, 12 2011 @ 08:16 PM
link   
Nuclear meltdown. I should be careful. Exposure. Brilliant. Back up systems fail. Remind of you of anything.

BP

Here's another example of BP.
Bad Planning.

posted on Mar, 12 2011 @ 08:29 PM
link   
Now I'm swearing. Risk assessment. Risk. Risk risk risk. gamble gamble gamble.

Why swear?

Nuclear Emergency is enough profanity for one day. Those words should shock more than co , cu ,fa , fu , mo , pi , shi , ti , tw. I can't swear on ATS. But I can say nuclear power and nobody blinks. Fu

www.youtube.com...

edit on 12-3-2011 by Robin Marks because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 13 2011 @ 12:05 PM
link   
I'm totally freaking out. My anxiety is going off the chart. Reluctantly I will take a small tranquilzer.

But I am rocking. I am in a panicked state. I really believe there will be a large quake in Arkansas today.

Start a new thread if you want. I'm not going to do that. I will stay on the Arkansas thread and this thread only.

I am raising an alert here. If I can't subdue my thoughts. I will alert the Arkansas thread. Sorry for splitting my thoughts. I have no choice. I'm not trying to scare anyone. But I have to write.

I can't say silent.

god i hope i'm wrong

if i am
you can all stop listening to me

posted on Mar, 14 2011 @ 03:27 PM
link   
I was wrong. I am the first to admit when I am. There was no big earthquake. So you can stop listening to me.
I have figured out why I was so nervous. It's the USGS reporting policies. I really feel like I am some people's early warning system. And I would have to admit that I can be wrong. Especially when I'm speculating or making a prediction. I know I was seeing activity. And it's not reported well on the weekends. I know the whole fault was resonating. The 2 magnitude quakes are key to understand it. When it's on the move. It's the number 2's.

I'm much calmer. I'm always nervous when I don't understand things. That's why I want to know everything. Then I'm totally freaked out when I figure out what the new knowledge really means. man, is the world ugly at times.

It's not usual people take an interest in earthquakes and tsunamis. I understand why people don't want to know. I was not surprised by anything in Japan. I studied the Indonesian Tsnuami and understood the fault. This was very similiar.

The reactor, that's another story. That's surreal. Everyone's afraid of nightmares.

posted on Mar, 18 2011 @ 05:40 PM
link   
reply to post by Robin Marks

Well Robin, if the men in white coats that make guesses were to be believed a quake that size should not have happened in that area.

You cannot blame the power company if they were taking the advice of these so called experts, which they would have been, who said such a quake was not possible.

I wouldn't mind betting those power stations were built to take a 7 or may be an 8 even, but a 9 is a whole different ball game. As you well know I am sure a differenc of mag 1 is 32 times stronger (10 times bigger) and a difference of 2 mag is 1000 times stronger (100 times bigger)

At these levels a 9 (2000 Petajoules energy) is so much bigger than a 7 (2 Petajoules) - less than half a megaton to just under 500 megatons.

I blame the men in white coats.

posted on Mar, 18 2011 @ 09:28 PM
link   
I read too fast most times. I thought you were going to say the guys in the white coats were coming to take me away.

I just popped on because I had to write.
I went outside and saw the moon. I know no one has ever looked at the moon the way I do. I am positive I know it's origin. And I know no white coats believe me. So what. I know. I have to know. I've always had to know as much as I can. I think I knew all along it was my key to survival.

I missed the moon as it rose tonight. I fall into all the pitfalls that so many do. I was thinking the big event was tomorrow. That's such a stupid way to look at a cycle. Tonight the moon is bright and near. It's reflected light seemed to pulse and throb as thin clouds passed by, like a heart. Like a pumping heart. Sure a surgeon can stop a heart during an operation. You can't do that with the moon. You can't stop it and see what changes.

I was going to write a log of my observations during this lunar cycle. But I'm already late. And I've already been doing that ever since I saw the moon change Yellowstone. I should have started with the last new moon. There I go, trying to carve up the moon's orbit again. That's the mistake. I can't help but be narrow minded like the lab coat people. It's in our nature to divide up everything and give it a name. Too many damned names.

Where do I find the middle of the road? How do I look at the world with a scientfic mind when nothing is really happening in isolation. The observor is part of the experiment. No matter how much they want to believe they're not. How can you study meerkats and say you are changing anything? The meerkats may get used to your presence, but the birds of prey eyeing the meerkats obviously see you. The observor cannot take themselves out of the equation. There are no closed systems in reality.

I know the moon triggers earthquakes. I know the moon moves the magma. The moon was once compose of mainly magma. Magma from earth. The water came from the cooling magma. The cooled magma orbit our planet moves the water and magma on earth. The sun has Coronal Mass Ejections, CME. The earth has had Volcanic Mass Ejections, VME.

Oh brother. Listen to yourself robin. You're obviously suffering delusions of grandeur. you haven't discovered nothing.

The following is obsence and offensive. It is not for the faint of heart. But I must post it. The first reason is because the fella behind it is from Arkansas. And the second. Well, in all honesty, it's the first thing that's made me laugh in a month. I've lost my sense of humour. I'm going to watch a funny movie later. I hope it meets my expectations. It's called Burke and Hare. It looks hilarious.

Here's the Arkansas man's video.

www.youtube.com...

posted on Mar, 18 2011 @ 09:48 PM
link   

That video...

All I can say is... I haven't LOL'd in days but that did it for me. Especially that he was 14 pounds at birth, Mother went through 64 hours of labor...strained so hard she shot out a T*** that knocked the doctors glasses off.

hahaha and bald eagles should stay far away from this man.

thank you Robin.

posted on Mar, 18 2011 @ 11:57 PM
link   
I feel dirty and unclean. But man, it's good to laugh.

posted on Mar, 19 2011 @ 12:02 AM
link   
FU$$$CK THE FRACKERS!!!!

posted on Mar, 20 2011 @ 06:05 PM
link   
To prove I may be the most complex person on the planet, I offer the following.

www.youtube.com...

For some reason this movie has been stuck in my sub-conscious and nagging me to go back in time.

After railing at the Dinseyification of the world, I want my to comfort myself with the illusion of innocence.

www.youtube.com...

The tree in which the castaways take refuge has never left my mind. I want to live in that tree.
I think the movie is responsible for my avid interest in the wonders in our world.
Movies don't have enough volcanoes in them anymore.
In the old days, there were more dinosaurs and volcanoes in the picture shows.
Times sure have changed.

posted on Mar, 28 2011 @ 12:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by kdog1982
My wife said something that hit me to the core.
I tried to show her some maps of earthquakes.
She said,I don't want to see them ,if it's going to happen,
it's going to happen,there is nothing we can do about it.
And then she said,you just need to spend more time with me.
At that moment a picture pop up in my mind of a movie,
I think it was Day after Tomorrow,where this women was hugging her dad as a tsunami
washed over them.
And she is right,you will drive yourself crazy with this stuff,
we know it's coming,spend time with your family.
Ignorance is bliss!

Your wife is correct, there is nothing you can do about a natural disaster. However man-made disasters are another matter that can be dealt with prior to the disaster happening if you see it coming.

I would view any of the potential disasters like I would view a tornado. The weather is right for a tornado so they issue a tornado watch, you pay a bit more attention to the weather at this point. A tornado is spotted so they issue a tornado warning, at this point you take the appropriate precautions. You would not say "it's a tornado, I can't stop that" right? Obviously you can't stop the tornado, but you can seek a safe shelter from it.

By all means spend time with your family. But take the appropriate precautions so that you can continue to spend time with them rather than letting ignorance get you blissfully killed.

posted on Apr, 5 2011 @ 12:57 PM
link   
Do you know what term I've come to hate?
"Let's agree to disagree."

This is acceptable if you live a life of luxuries.
If your are poor.
If you are starving.
If you are a political prisioner.
If you have war all around you.
This is absurd nonsense.

Our political system is broken. The majority is not always right.
Opinion means nothing when you are in pain.

Imagine two cavemen having a debate over a fuzzy distant scene before them. Caveman A thinks there is a big sabertoothed tiger perched ontop a cliff over a group of children ready to pounce. Caveman B thinks it is an old tree stump that just looks like a giant predator.

So should Caveman A and Caveman B agree to disagree and do nothing about it.
Screw that.
If I was Caveman A, I would forget the debate and run screaming and shouting all the way to the danger zone. I would be alerting the children, and trying to distract the big cat so they could make their escape. I would run head-long toward the beast with spear in hand.

Let's say it was a stump and I was a fool.
So what!
Should I have wasted my time arguing with Caveman B?
Should I have taken the time to politely agreed to disagree?

Call me rude. But I'll run right over top of you if I precieve great danger and you're in my way.
There is no debate in a life or death situation.
You just act.

posted on Apr, 6 2011 @ 10:26 PM
link   

posted on Apr, 7 2011 @ 10:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by Robin Marks
Do you know what term I've come to hate?
"Let's agree to disagree."

This is acceptable if you live a life of luxuries.
If your are poor.
If you are starving.
If you are a political prisioner.
If you have war all around you.
This is absurd nonsense.

Our political system is broken. The majority is not always right.
Opinion means nothing when you are in pain.

Imagine two cavemen having a debate over a fuzzy distant scene before them. Caveman A thinks there is a big sabertoothed tiger perched ontop a cliff over a group of children ready to pounce. Caveman B thinks it is an old tree stump that just looks like a giant predator.

So should Caveman A and Caveman B agree to disagree and do nothing about it.
Screw that.
If I was Caveman A, I would forget the debate and run screaming and shouting all the way to the danger zone. I would be alerting the children, and trying to distract the big cat so they could make their escape. I would run head-long toward the beast with spear in hand.

Let's say it was a stump and I was a fool.
So what!
Should I have wasted my time arguing with Caveman B?
Should I have taken the time to politely agreed to disagree?

Call me rude. But I'll run right over top of you if I precieve great danger and you're in my way.
There is no debate in a life or death situation.
You just act.

Your instincts take over and you do what you feel you have to do.
That is human nature.
whether it's right or wrong is hindsight.
Stand tall and be eaten,or go forth and fight.
But how do you go forth and fight against deaf ears?
You can deny ignorance,but how do you conveince others to do so?
You can only do so much,
then let those who do not heed the warnings subcumb to their own ignorance.

posted on Apr, 11 2011 @ 08:54 PM
link   
Well, here's my last stop on my advertising tour. My lonely thread. My poor Mega Volcanoes are lonley. That's why I wanted this thread. To talk about the circles in my head. Those damn circles still stare at me everytime I see a map. And the damned lakes that run across Canada in a straight line, always tell me I'm right and remind me of my ulimate frustration.

Oh ya, I started a new religion.
I'll be ranting there.

This place makes me sad now. There is no continuity here.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Apr, 12 2011 @ 03:48 PM
link   

You have to provide the continuity Robin. It is not up to others.

You think this thread is lonely? It is not. It gets visited. Many do not. You can't be 'off topic' here and that is a good thing.

posted on Apr, 12 2011 @ 04:44 PM
link   
Puterman is correct. Alot of people check out this thread. I for one check it every day. I don't contribute because I don't know that much about what you discuss, and I don't want to sound like an arsh saying something that makes no sense or has been answered already.
Your theories make sense to a degree (to Me) And you have also made me really think about stuff that I have gone and done my own research on.
I work alot so I don't get a chance to hang around long. But I do follow all the earthquake threads that you and the others contribute too. And you all do such a great job teaching others and keeping people informed where they might otherwise not be able to get that information.

posted on Apr, 16 2011 @ 05:05 PM
link   
I still find it hard anyone struggles through my mangled essays.

There are many reasons I find it hard to write here. Too many. So here's the best one. I'm angry. My rage interferes too much with my real interests. I'm having trouble writing on all the fragile earth threads.

I can't fight the good fight for Arkansas. I have my own civil war raging. My ideas sit dusty on shelves waiting to be stored in boxes. I can barley focus on my own decisions. I'm weary and moody.

So my writing at present is not cooperative and harmonious. I am only venting rage and turning it toward the machine. That's why I started the church. I had to embrace the absurdities in life and ride them like a worryfree surfer. Toward the end of George Carlins life, he found that he had to detach himself from humanity. I was never that much of a George Carlin fan, but I always noticed that our thinking always lined up. I always appreciated his experiments with language. He was a poet.

I do not like the bitterness I saw in his older interviews. But I can understand the hurt and the reason you must opt out. It's like that 127 hour movie. Sometimes you gotta chop off your arm to survive. He had to remain an observer even though it was driving him mad.

I'm raging. And anyone who visits my church is subject to the wrath of my sermons. George is a surrly lord. I do not hold my tongue in church. There I lampoon stupidity in a most savage way. I mock the powers that be and protest my lot. I speak of the wisdom of Carlin. I need to spar with the idiots. I need a fight but I don't want to torch my home.

So I met them in another arena. I'm sure I'll write here when I'm not so keen on the direction of my church. I'll keep up on watching some webicorders. I'll read if anyone has anything they want to share.

I haven't given up totally. In fact, I can't give up. I have a stake in the outcome.
Two actually. Great boys are they.
My beams of sunlight.
My two sons.

top topics

<< 14  15  16    18  19  20 >>

join