It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Possible Mining Conspiracy WV

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 7 2010 @ 02:26 PM
link   
reply to post by filosophia

I wish Daddy wouldn't avoid "them computers". I'd love for him to give you his much more knowledgeable stance.
It seems that large fines haven't improved Massey's safety at all. Of course, a huge stable of lawyers is bound to help.
I can see how fighting fines or closures could quickly close a small mine. If fines increase, it could eliminate competition. The large companies are able to ignore regulations, apparently.
Dad's thinking, but it make sense to me.

posted on Apr, 7 2010 @ 03:52 PM
link   
news.yahoo.com...

Fed official: Still too soon for W.Va. mine rescue

Regardless of how greedy Blankenship may or may not be, it is the fed officials that are calling off the search rescue. I think it's interesting that they know there is enough dangerous methane to call off the search, but not sure enough to blame the explosion on methane, even though that is the most likely cause. The say it 'may be' the cause. Remember that the search was already delayed for 24 hours. Anyone care to tell me why?

posted on Apr, 7 2010 @ 04:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by filosophia
news.yahoo.com...

Fed official: Still too soon for W.Va. mine rescue

Anyone care to tell me why?

In the name of safety? The same safety that was ignored before?

posted on Apr, 7 2010 @ 04:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by 23refugee
In the name of safety? The same safety that was ignored before?

Yeah, the same safety they have been ignoring for over 100 years already in that area alone.

Great logic. Screw 'em while they're down there working, but once they're trapped, now we've got to take our sweet time and make sure there's no further damage. Probably to their equipment.

posted on Apr, 7 2010 @ 05:09 PM
link   
reply to post by bsbray11

I guess a mule they own is worth more than a man they don't.

posted on Apr, 7 2010 @ 08:56 PM
link   
news.yahoo.com...

"The mine's owner, Massey Energy Co., has been repeatedly cited for problems with the system that vents methane and for allowing combustible dust to build up. On the day of the blast, MSHA cited the mine with two safety violations — one involving inadequate maps of escape routes, the other concerning an improper splice of electrical cable. However, Stricklin said the violations had nothing to do with the blast."

The citations had nothing to do with the blast, so they say, which is odd because they were hesitant as to the cause of the explosion. Earlier today they said it maybe was caused by methane, while at the same time the methane was preventing them from entering. But now they know it was in a different spot from their citation? Something is fishy here.

"The federal mine agency appointed a team of investigators to look into the blast, which officials said may have been caused by a buildup of methane."

So they are not 100 percent sure yet what caused the explosion, even though methane has been the cause of previous mining explosions, and methane is preventing them from reaching those who are trapped, going on 36 hours now.

posted on Apr, 9 2010 @ 08:39 AM
link   
earthquake.usgs.gov...

So there was an earthquake the day before the mining collapse

at

38.599°N, 80.916°W

This is about 50 miles from Raleigh County where the mining disaster occurred, maybe they are related?

posted on Apr, 9 2010 @ 09:21 AM
link   
oh man, some of you will make everything into a conspiracy.

line 2

posted on Apr, 9 2010 @ 12:25 PM
link   
reply to post by Acid_Burn2009

Which is quite surprising on a conspiracy site.:@:

posted on Apr, 9 2010 @ 12:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by 23refugee

Which is quite surprising on a conspiracy site.:@:

Not from some of the threads I have read around here.

I enjoy reading many threads posted here but some take things way to far and this is a prime example.

Must be one of those "false flags" there has been so many posts about happening

posted on Apr, 9 2010 @ 02:18 PM
link   

Just imagine how many more threads you could've enjoyed had you not stopped to take a crap in this one.

posted on Apr, 10 2010 @ 08:10 AM
link   
The conditions were so rough after the blast that rescuers only late Friday realized that they had walked past the bodies of the four missing miners on the first day without seeing, a federal mine safety official said.
"There was so much smoke and the conditions were so dire with dust in the air that they apparently bypassed the bodies that were on the ground," said Kevin Stricklin, coal administrator for the federal Mine Safety and Health Administration.
news.yahoo.com...

posted on Apr, 10 2010 @ 09:54 AM
link   
The delay in the start of rescue operations isn't a conspiracy, it's common sense. The mine has just suffered a fairly massive explosion. There's no point in even trying to re-enter the place until everything's had a chance to re-settle. The blast could easily have weakened structural supports, and the entire mine could collapse (depending on the mining methods used and the size of the blast). It's also common sense to let coal dust tossed around by the blast settle before entering. That stuff is highly explosive. The blast could also have opened other pockets of trapped methane. Rushing in immediately is more likely to add to the body count than it is to lead to a successful rescue.

posted on Apr, 10 2010 @ 10:23 AM
link   
reply to post by Brother Stormhammer

Agreed.
Perhaps those comments suggesting a conspiracy in the rescue are just knee jerk reactions. The reactions of some who may feel that, traditionally, the value of profit is greater than that of human life in this business.
While the concerns of a rescue conspiracy should be dismissed, wouldn't the ability of a company to continue operations with such huge safety violations require someone, somewhere, to conspire?

posted on Apr, 10 2010 @ 10:37 AM
link   
reply to post by 23refugee

Yes, it is acceptable to make fun of hillbillies. It's amazing when you think about when political correctness is such a contrived agenda. I used to live in Appalachia (not from there) and even hillbillies make fun of themselves. Although I realize they are proud of their heritage. I don't live there anymore...I haven't said "I reckon" lately LOL.

I don't believe anything that the EPA does. Lisa Jackson is in charge???? Remember the MTBE that she forced everyone to use as a gasoline additive that has now polluted our water table for centuries to come. It was only state lawsuits that headed off this madness. Even scientists within the EPA warned that it would happen.

She is corrupt...the EPA needs to be shut down and fixed NOW

posted on Apr, 10 2010 @ 11:25 AM
link   
reply to post by ibiubu

Yep. Sorry about bringing my PC rant to this thread. That's just one of the downfalls of being a redneck. In our defense, at least we're not protesting to have the "Beverly Hillbillies" taken off the air.

As you can see from this thread, Filosophia is one of the "go to" persons on these matters. I've only parroted the conspiracy concerns of some I know, taking it upon myself to share their voices.

If I alert a few people like Filosophia and others to those views, hopefully it could encourage further dialogue.

posted on Apr, 10 2010 @ 12:22 PM
link   
reply to post by 23refugee

Actually I was kind of agreeing with you. But it's funny, I make fun of my ethnic background...half Swedish, half Syrian. And, I'm a Libra...no wonder I can't make up my mind. But, there is a double standard. I can make fun of rednecks without reprisal. I can't make fun of certain groups without reprisal. That is wrong. Anyway...just thought I'd clarify. I consider myself of no particular race, or rather, or don't believe in the very idea of race. I'm sorry for those who find this off topic...probably should have U2U...sorry

posted on Apr, 10 2010 @ 12:29 PM
link   
reply to post by ibiubu

No! I recognized your sympathy instantly!
I was just apologizing for my poor manners. It's yet another Hillbilly trait.
You couldn't be more polite.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join