It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Scientist: FDA suppressed imaging safety concerns

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 6 2010 @ 01:27 PM
link   

Scientist: FDA suppressed imaging safety concerns

www.lasvegassun.com

A former Food and Drug Administration scientist said Tuesday his job was eliminated after he raised concerns about the risks of radiation exposure from high-grade medical scanning.

Dr. Julian Nicholas said at a public hearing that he and other FDA staffers "were pressured to change their scientific opinion," after they opposed the approval of a CT scanner for routine colon cancer screening. Nicholas said that he objected to exposing otherwise healthy patients to the cancer risks of radiation.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Apr, 6 2010 @ 01:27 PM
link   
I don't know if this is newsy if you're like me and consider the FDA to be a joke of a federal agency that is corrupt, yet instrumental in the relationship between our corporate state's sponsors and their political pawns. But if you're not, more evidence.

The interesting thing to me is the demonstrated inability to have a scientific point of view that may be independent of government's predefined expectations.

The fact that radiation-releasing devices cause cancer or maybe even cause a lot more cancer a lot faster than traditional cancer screening devices isn't shocking to me ... but significant, nevertheless.

www.lasvegassun.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

new topics

join