It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Yellowstone about to erupt?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on May, 17 2010 @ 01:17 AM
link   
reply to post by TimeRaveler

----------------------------------------------
That is an incredible video and thanks for posting it....and I thought
that dust storm in the middle of the California desert I went thru
many years ago was bad.....

[edit on 17-5-2010 by manta78]

posted on May, 17 2010 @ 01:19 AM
link   
reply to post by westcoast

thanks for the info mate.

posted on May, 17 2010 @ 01:20 AM
link   

"Geologists had little warning before Mount Saint Helens's last major eruption. A small earthquake was recorded on March 20, 1980, followed a week later by a minor eruption. But the ground continued to tremble, and six weeks later, on Sunday, May 18, 1980, the mountain exploded in one of the most spectacular eruptions in recent memory."
www.pbs.org...

Yellowstone by comparison rarely goes a week without an earthquake. Sometimes it has 200+ tremors a day. A recent graph posted here showed the increase in swarms over the years and the trend was startling. Hopefully the precursor to a major eruption is more obvious than 100's of earthquakes continuously over a few days because that's already been seen.

posted on May, 17 2010 @ 01:28 AM
link   
reply to post by okachobi

You make a really good point. I think that a whole lot was learned by Helen's erruption. I lived in Yakima, Washington during the erruption and is probably the main reason I have such an interest in volcanology. The 30 year anniversary is in two days BTW.

They really didn't have much at the site of the Mountain prior to that erruption and have since (ofcourse) added a vast network to the whole volcanic chain in the PNW. HERE is a link to the Pacific Northwest Seismic Newtork seismographs for said Mountains. A fun way to pass your time!

The real issue with Yellowstone is our lack of history. Yellowstone is a massive caldera, and we little recorded history of what we can expect to see when she goes. I already mentioned what is thought will happen....and it all makes sense. There is always that possibility that it could be sudden, but unlikely. I personally think there will be all kinds of signs, especially with the amount of people and equipment watching. I think we are much more likely to see a smaller event in our lifetime, rather than a full-out caldera erruption.

posted on May, 17 2010 @ 01:32 AM
link   
To to add to the doom and gloom, but I found this rather disturbing.

I saw a recent show on the Doomsday channel (History channel) where they were talking about Yellowstone (again) this one was one i hadn't seen.. I have seen at least one other History special on yellowstone's sleeping giant.

This one mentioned that the ground is monitored for rising effects.

It also mentioned a ferry that used to go around 20 -40 years ago, that used to take people on tours.. It had caught fire some time ago and sank to the bottom of one of the more shallow lakes, but recently it has been becoming visible again, rising from the bottom of the lake/pond. The rangers explained that the ground was rising, and pushing the ship's gutted remains up above water-line again. (I do not know how deep the water was at the time of the sinking, or at the current time of the video showing the remains of the ship.)

I will look for further information on this tomorrow (Monday the 17th)

posted on May, 17 2010 @ 02:30 AM
link   

Originally posted by dgtempe

Originally posted by pavelivanov22
reply to post by ThePatientMental

Yep. More bigger is my guess too.

im thinking it will be more bigger than expected
Yes, more bigger i imagine that to.

[edit on 15-5-2010 by dgtempe]

Me, too.

posted on May, 22 2010 @ 06:54 PM
link   
reply to post by Cygnis

just shows you that something big is about to happen

posted on May, 22 2010 @ 07:34 PM
link   
According to Zagari,

The Timewave says, YES!

see...
AboveTopSecret - Timewave Zero - Countdown To Transition

posted on May, 22 2010 @ 07:54 PM
link   
Yellowstone Is the largest of the Super Volcano on this planet. If it erupts nothing can save us. All mankind will be destroyed.. and it's long over due. So there is no need to worry about it happening. Only thing you could do is migrate to another planet. Since that's not possible, no use worrying about it.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join