It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Russia has become the Big Time player in Space (too):

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 6 2010 @ 01:19 PM
link   
Make no mistake about it. Russia is on the move-in Space. Also in military (as I just posted another thread on that topic: www.abovetopsecret.com...). I find it interesting that India is buddying up to Putin. Does anyone else feel like the USA is being left in the dust? Scary!

1: Article:

Putin urges upgrading Star City space center

The Gagarin Cosmonauts’ Training Center in the Star City near Moscow meets current requirements but should reach out to future tasks, Prime Minister Vladimir Putin has said. As he visited the center on Tuesday

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/262c842c1aec.jpg[/atsimg]
Source: english.ruvr.ru...

2: Article:

Russian space agency plans to launch 20 microsatellites

Russian Federal Space agency Roskosmos plans to launch more than 20 microsatellites aimed for scientific purposes to the orbit this year, Interfax news agency reported Monday citing the agency's deputy head Anatoly Shilov

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/4bc35546e914.jpg[/atsimg]

3: Article:

Russia, India partners in space, nuclear energy, arms

Under a bilateral nuclear energy roadmap, Russia is to build 12 new nuclear electricity units in India. It will also cooperate with that country in developing and manufacturing receivers for its GLONASS global navigation and positioning system. These are just some of agreements and contracts after a New Delhi visit by Vladimir Putin
[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/64f3621b2328.jpg[/atsimg]

[edit on 4/6/2010 by anon72]

posted on Apr, 6 2010 @ 02:17 PM
link   
"has become a big time player" you act as if it has just reached this level. Russia has ALWAYS been the most advanced space country in the world. From Sputnik til the fall of the soviet union and onward, Russia has been a leader in space and consistently reached milestones before the U.S. in almost EVERY space category from first animals in space to first man in space, first woman, etc.

Russia holds almost every single space record of value, the only thing they lost out on was the moon.

To this day the total astronaut man hours completed in space is the following

1. Russia total days in space: 19,658
2. USA total days in space: 14,066

as you can see not even close.

To this day Russia has been the first and only country to have its own consistently inhabited real space station the MIR and now NASA asks Russia to even bring its own astronauts up into space on the Soyuz not to mention wants to purchase Russian rockets.

So I'm just saying, it's slightly misleading to make it sound like Russia only now has gotten into the space race. Russia was always the leader in space and as can be seen by your article remains the leader in space to this day.

posted on Apr, 6 2010 @ 02:49 PM
link   
reply to post by anon72

The end of the Shuttle era, has to have them, [russia] laughing at us continually. There is so much reliance on there space port, to orbit, its amazing they haven't monopolized the transit to orbit already.

In this future era of space-bound-race by all countries, when we no longer have the ability to achieve orbit, low and behold, that superpower status we think we had, will vanish!

posted on Apr, 6 2010 @ 05:41 PM
link   
reply to post by theability

Yes, I know. The more I looked around Rusia today, via the web-I see them as On the Moveunder Putin!! While the USA is Going Backwards under Obama!!!

Check out my thread about Rusia and India joining up.... Watch out

posted on Apr, 6 2010 @ 05:51 PM
link   
reply to post by anon72

See what I don't get is, India and Japan, China all are going to the moon!

What are we doing, killing our space system, by choppin off its knees!

India and Russia teaming up? u2u me the linkage...

posted on Apr, 6 2010 @ 06:00 PM
link   
So what are they going to do. Is there a planned moon/mars mission?

As rufus said Russia has always been the leader in space. They may not have put men on the moon yet, but their spacecrafts and rockets are certainly more reliable.

posted on Apr, 6 2010 @ 08:54 PM
link   
reply to post by theability

The Russia/India team up is the 3rd Artilce in my OP (above).

I'm tellying you, something up with them (Russia/India).

anyway, that is all I have on the two joinging forces-in many areas.

join