It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

 

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

 

Is this planet x? (no, it's Mars)

page: 9
48
<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

log in

join
share:

posted on Apr, 7 2010 @ 01:56 AM
link   

Originally posted by loner007
last time the human race got bottlenecked as u call it was 70 000 yrs ago when the volcano erupted the biggest in in recent geological terms.


No, your first mistake was to trust wikipedia on this. There was another population bottleneck around 50,000 years ago.


Bottleneck 4.

Analyses of gene sequences provide evidence of a possible second exodus from Africa by a small founding population that traveled overlandvia the shoreline of the Red Sea. This colonization bottleneck occurred during a period of milder climate about 50,000 years ago, and also coincides with the appearance of advanced stone tool technologies. Expansion continued into Europe and northern Asia. All living humans outside of Africa can thus trace their ancestry to these colonizing populations.

www.bookrags.com...

There is also the real possibility that we could be missing some other human population bottlenecks. Heck, it was but a few years ago that we discovered a totally different species from humans which was 3 feet tall, and has been nicknamed "hobbit".

For all we know mankind eventually would have learned long ago how to survive such events by hiding into caves. Meanwhile a direct impact of course would not save anyone going underground, but far away enough from the crash point people could survive inside caves.

We know for a fact that entire civilizations in the past have sought refuge inside caves, and even cities were built inside caves.

scienceray.com...

Then, there is the fact that we can find several cities around the world underwater, which some disasters must have put there.



Originally posted by loner007
Any recent asteroids capable of destroying large area of land would leave craters ....


There are craters all over the world, and an event doesn't have to be a meteor crashing on Earth.




Originally posted by loner007
and mars well that side of mars got hit millions of years ago by another planetoid quote from wiki


Again with wiki... Wiki is not the "know it all website", and in fact wiki is known to be very biased in several subjects.

As for the time frames, those are estimates, and estimates could very well be wrong, as they have been wrong in the past. Not to mention that like Earth, Mars would have been hit several times, and on different times, and then again a large object passing close to Mars doesn't even have to hit it to cause disasters.




Originally posted by loner007
and the asteroid belt is the remenants of the rocks that made up the planets. The reason they never formed a planet is because there isnt not enough mass for them to gravitate towards one and other. The total mass of the asteroid belt is about 4% of the moon.


First of all, that is an estimate. Second of all, the Moon is about 1,738 Km across, and Ceres, which is the largest known object in the asteroid belt is 1,000 Km across.

Second of all, over time many asteroids from the belt would find their way towards the inner Solar System from time to time because of collisions with other asteroids, or comets, etc.


Originally posted by loner007
Also the moon still in a stable orbit proves no massive object has ever come close to earth.


The Moon itself is believed to have been a part of the Earth, a part wich was sundered when a large planet hit the Earth. It is believed this would have happened 4.5 billion years ago, but who knows, it could have been much later than that.

[edit on 7-4-2010 by ElectricUniverse]




posted on Apr, 7 2010 @ 02:05 AM
link   

Originally posted by serbsta
It doesn't matter if you debunk every single Mars/Betelgeuse/Venus/Sun dog, etc. photo, the Nibru cultists will scream 'ok so that one isn't real, there's still plenty of evidence that Nibru is real', when in fact, there isn't. So there's no point in trying to argue... they are new age Sitchin fundamentalists (awaiting copyright).


Wow...really?....


Nasa scientists are searching for an invisible 'Death Star' that circles the Sun, which catapults potentially catastrophic comets at the Earth.



The star, also known as Nemesis, is five times the size of Jupiter and could be to blame for the impact that wiped out the dinosaurs 65 million years ago.

The bombardment of icy missiles is being blamed by some scientists for mass extinctions of life that they say happen every 26 million years.

Nemesis is predicted to lie at a distance equal to 25,000 times that of the Earth from the Sun, or a third of a light-year.

Astronomers believe it is of a type called a red or brown dwarf – a "failed star" that has not managed to generate enough energy to burn like the Sun.

But it should be detectable by a heat-sensitive space telescope called WISE, the Wide-Field Infrared Survey Explorer.

Launched last year, WISE began surveying the skies in January. It is expected to discover a 1000 brown dwarfs within 25 light-years of the Sun – right on our cosmic doorstep – before its coolant runs out in October.
.............

www.telegraph.co.uk...

www.abovetopsecret.com...

That's just one. I have posted several links in the past that show the very possibility of such a "dead star" existing.... but again the "deny everything you don't believe in" crowd will keep claiming this is not so and that they themselves debunked it, no matter how much evidence is posted to the contrary of their "belief"....




[edit on 7-4-2010 by ElectricUniverse]



posted on Apr, 7 2010 @ 02:09 AM
link   
[edit on 7-4-2010 by segurelha]



posted on Apr, 7 2010 @ 02:13 AM
link   
reply to post by ElectricUniverse
 

The Nemesis hypothesis has nothing to do with Nibiru.

It places a brown dwarf in a 26 million year orbit around the Sun. Sitchin's invention, Nibiru, has a 3,600 year orbit.

Nemesis would never enter the Solar System, remaining in its distant circular orbit. Sitchin's invention would have a highly elliptical orbit, swooping around the sun close to Earth's orbit.

The effect of Nemesis would be to gravitationally disrupt bodies in the outer reaches of the Solar System. The effect of Sitchin's invented planet, passing through the solar system every 3,600 years would be to hopelessly disrupt the orbits of the planets.

Nemesis could exist. Nibiru cannot, and does not.

[edit on 4/7/2010 by Phage]



posted on Apr, 7 2010 @ 02:17 AM
link   
reply to post by ElectricUniverse
 


Nobody is talking about 'Nemesis'...

Refer to the post above me, I don't think we're on the same book, let alone the same page.



posted on Apr, 7 2010 @ 02:23 AM
link   

Originally posted by Phage
reply to post by ElectricUniverse
 

The Nemesis hypothesis has nothing to do with Nibiru.

It places a brown dwarf in a 26 million year orbit around the Sun. Sitchin's invention, Nibiru has a 3,600 year orbit.

Nemesis would never enter the Solar System, remaining in its distant circular orbit. Sitchin's invention has would have a highly elliptical orbit, swooping around the sun.

The effect of Nemesis would be to gravitationally disrupt bodies in the outer reaches of the Solar System. The effect of Sitchin's invented planet, passing through the solar system every 3,600 years would be to hopelessly disrupt the orbits of the planets.

Nemesis could exist. Nibiru cannot, and does not.


no according to nasa nemesis caused the extinction of the dinosaurs. Read the article.
As for mars. Mars appears to be a bit further top-left than the object in question.
The biggest problem with the whole Mars thing, is that the object he's filming is HUGE.
If he's filming in IR, then other stars should be way brighter than mars. There are many stars, Betelgeuse included, that give off significantly more IR light than Mars.
You really think Mars gives off that much IR light?
He also panned around the sky, and there was nothing even remotely bright to the object.
Venus and Jupiter are both very close in brightness to Mars.
So, either Mars all of a sudden started giving off 5 times more IR radiation, or this isnt Mars.

edit...

heres something to solidify my argument
earthsky.org...

You see, mars was closest january 17th. This was the brightest mars has ever been, yet as this article states, Mars is still not brighter than Jupiter.

Of course, this article is just a Nibiru money-laundering scheme, right?


[edit on 7-4-2010 by demonseed]



posted on Apr, 7 2010 @ 02:30 AM
link   
Hey,

This is Mars.
I am an amateur astronomer.
I followed your track from the belt of Orion and there I found Mars.

Your video is showing this region between the bright stars of Procíon and Pollux. Your coordinates are obviouly wrong. If you have a skychart software, look at your first video of the series of 3 videos, you see the patterns from the video correlating with the charts, when you start from the Oríon belt, then following to a group of stars above Y Canis Major and then it shows Mars.

The star very close to the "bright planet" is SAO80024 the the two pairs of bright stars to the right of the "bright planet" are SAO79991 and SAO79995, and SAO79861 and SAO70869. The pair just above and slighty to the left
is SAO80113 and 80089. You can also clearly see the triangle around SAO79940 just below and to the right of "brigh planet", and SAO80112 to the left.

So, the "bright planet" is without any doubt MARS.



Link to to full-size map: img121.imageshack.us...

You can also find Mars naked eye, by going out at midnight and looking above and to the left of Orion, to the left of a pair of bright stars, which are Pollux and Castor, from the Gemini constelation. You should have done this little homework before posting your video!

[edit on 7-4-2010 by segurelha]



posted on Apr, 7 2010 @ 02:32 AM
link   

Originally posted by segurelha
Hey,

This is Mars.
I am an amateur astronomer.
I followed your track from the belt of Orion and there I found Mars.

Your video is showing this region between the bright stars of Procíon and Pollux. Your coordinates are obviouly wrong. If you have a skychart software, look at your first video of the series of 3 videos, you see the patterns from the video correlating with the charts, when you start from the Oríon belt, then following to a group of stars above Y Canis Major and then it shows Mars.

The star very close to the "bright planet" is SAO80024 the the two pairs of bright stars to the right of the "bright planet" are SAO79991 and SAO79995, and SAO79861 and SAO70869. The pair just above and slighty to the left
is SAO80113 and 80089. You can also clearly see the triangle around SAO79940 just below and to the right of "brigh planet", and SAO80112 to the left.

So, the "bright planet" is without any doubt MARS.



Link to to full-size map: img121.imageshack.us...

You can also find Mars naked eye, by going out at midnight and looking above and to the left of Orion, to the left of a pair of bright stars, which are Pollux and Castor, from the Gemini constelation. You should have done this little homework before posting your video!

[edit on 7-4-2010 by segurelha]


please read my post, with the edit.



posted on Apr, 7 2010 @ 02:34 AM
link   
reply to post by demonseed
 

No. You read the article.

NASA does not say Nemesis caused the extinction of the dinosaurs. Some scientists (not NASA) theorize that a brown dwarf, in a very distant orbit, causes comets to shift their orbits every 26 million years. The theory is that every 26 million years the solar system gets bombarded by these comets.

The scientist do not say the brown dwarf enters the solar system. They do not say it happens every 3,600 years.

The object in the OP is Mars.



posted on Apr, 7 2010 @ 02:38 AM
link   
Demonseed, I used a starmap software and got the same conclusion as Phage. It is Mars, the stars correlate perfectly.

Why do you refuse to see this?

This is Mars, no doubt.
The "bright planet" is on the exact place Mars should be.

Maybe there is something wrong with Mars (bright on the IR), I don't know, but this is Mars.


Originally posted by segurelha
Hey,

This is Mars.
I am an amateur astronomer.
I followed your track from the belt of Orion and there I found Mars.

Your video is showing this region between the bright stars of Procíon and Pollux. Your coordinates are obviouly wrong. If you have a skychart software, look at your first video of the series of 3 videos, you see the patterns from the video correlating with the charts, when you start from the Oríon belt, then following to a group of stars above Y Canis Major and then it shows Mars.

The star very close to the "bright planet" is SAO80024 the the two pairs of bright stars to the right of the "bright planet" are SAO79991 and SAO79995, and SAO79861 and SAO70869. The pair just above and slighty to the left
is SAO80113 and 80089. You can also clearly see the triangle around SAO79940 just below and to the right of "brigh planet", and SAO80112 to the left.

So, the "bright planet" is without any doubt MARS.



Link to to full-size map: img121.imageshack.us...

You can also find Mars naked eye, by going out at midnight and looking above and to the left of Orion, to the left of a pair of bright stars, which are Pollux and Castor, from the Gemini constelation. You should have done this little homework before posting your video!

[edit on 7-4-2010 by segurelha]


please read my post, with the edit.

[edit on 7-4-2010 by segurelha]



posted on Apr, 7 2010 @ 02:44 AM
link   
NASA faked the moon landings sigh how realizable is NASA now?



posted on Apr, 7 2010 @ 02:52 AM
link   

Originally posted by segurelha
Demonseed, I used a starmap software and got the same conclusion as Phage. It is Mars, the stars correlate perfectly.

Why do you refuse to see this?

This is Mars, no doubt.
The "bright planet" is on the exact place Mars should be.

Maybe there is something wrong with Mars (bright on the IR), I don't know, but this is
[edit on 7-4-2010 by segurelha]


maybe there is something wrong with the software you used? I mean, if they are covering it up it would be pretty easy to make the object mars.

I think we have all come to the agreement that the size and IR brightness of the filmed object is out of proportion with mars.

There are 3 possible explanations.
1) Something happened on or to mars to cause this.
2) Some of the software indicating this is Mars are false and covering up the actual object.
3) The video in question is CGI or some other visual illusion.

#3 is very hard to agree with, but so far i see no indication of visual tracking. Although possible, it would be very hard for me to say at this point.
#1 and #2 both have profound implications that cannot be ignored.



[edit on 7-4-2010 by demonseed]

[edit on 7-4-2010 by demonseed]

[edit on 7-4-2010 by demonseed]



posted on Apr, 7 2010 @ 03:04 AM
link   
this entire article has so many hidden messages its unbelievable

www.astrobio.net...

"A dark object may be lurking near our solar system"

"Originally, Nemesis was suggested as a way to explain a cycle of mass extinctions on Earth.

The paleontologists David Raup and Jack Sepkoski claim that, over the last 250 million years, life on Earth has faced extinction in a 26-million-year cycle. Astronomers proposed comet impacts as a possible cause for these catastrophes. "

["Sedna shouldn't be there,” said Brown. “There's no way to put Sedna where it is. It never comes close enough to be affected by the Sun, but it never goes far enough away from the Sun to be affected by other stars.”

Perhaps a massive unseen object is responsible for Sedna’s mystifying orbit, its gravitational influence keeping Sedna fixed in that far-distant portion of space.]

“I would have easily overlooked something so distant and slow moving as Nemesis.”

“I think the possibility that the Sun could harbor a companion of another sort is not a crazy idea,” said Kirkpatrick. “There might be a distant object in a more stable, more circular orbit that has gone unnoticed so far."

"We may not have an answer to the Nemesis question until mid-2013"

interesting date...

Sure phage, its all just conspiratorial connections to you. But to me, its a crap load of subliminal messages.



posted on Apr, 7 2010 @ 03:13 AM
link   
The software is not wrong.
You can watch Mars tonight and it's there. In fact, I have been watching Mars, and it's there, on that exact spot.

I can see it in my telescope, it's the same Mars it was ten or twenty years ago. Why don't you watch the sky with a telescope by yourself?

About the IR intensity, I don't know about it. The OP can try to compare Mars, Venus, Jupiter, the Moon and Sirius with his IR camera, and see what happens.



Originally posted by demonseed

Originally posted by segurelha
Demonseed, I used a starmap software and got the same conclusion as Phage. It is Mars, the stars correlate perfectly.

Why do you refuse to see this?

This is Mars, no doubt.
The "bright planet" is on the exact place Mars should be.

Maybe there is something wrong with Mars (bright on the IR), I don't know, but this is
[edit on 7-4-2010 by segurelha]


maybe there is something wrong with the software you used? I mean, if they are covering it up it would be pretty easy to make the object mars.

I think we have all come to the agreement that the size and IR brightness of the filmed object is out of proportion with mars.

There are 3 possible explanations.
1) Something happened on or to mars to cause this.
2) Some of the software indicating this is Mars are false and covering up the actual object.
3) The video in question is CGI or some other visual illusion.

#3 is very hard to agree with, but so far i see no indication of visual tracking. Although possible, it would be very hard for me to say at this point.
#1 and #2 both have profound implications that cannot be ignored.



[edit on 7-4-2010 by demonseed]

[edit on 7-4-2010 by demonseed]

[edit on 7-4-2010 by demonseed]



posted on Apr, 7 2010 @ 03:17 AM
link   
Hello ATSers

As some of you might of seen if you read the whole thread I have posted early on in this thread I know nothing about astronomy and had to rely on my own research to so I can make up my own mind. It was not I did not believe the original explanation but if I want to confirm something I want a least 2 good sources.

Well after reviewing all the replies here, and also checking out a thread at GLP that a member posted earlier on in this thread, which had a member doing a live video stream with some impressive equipment and checking out the area and object in question. I believe it is Mars 100% based upon the evidence.

How did I research? I did not guess and go with the flow.

1. Checked the replies here and also search other threads on other forums.
2. Talked to the YouTuber who posted the original in a number of messages were I got 2 replies, were I also informed him of my little research and my sources. Waiting to hear back from him regarding my last message.
3. Waited and gave it a little time


GPL thread relating to a user doing a live video feed
Also an archive of last night’s live video stream on the area and Mars.

Deliberate hoax or error? Only the YouTuber knows the answer to that and to be honest does not really matter to me.

Case closed for now for me.

Thank you to all that added constructive comments and evidence.



posted on Apr, 7 2010 @ 03:18 AM
link   

Originally posted by segurelha
The software is not wrong.
You can watch Mars tonight and it's there. In fact, I have been watching Mars, and it's there, on that exact spot.

I can see it in my telescope, it's the same Mars it was ten or twenty years ago. Why don't you watch the sky with a telescope by yourself?

About the IR intensity, I don't know about it. The OP can try to compare Mars, Venus, Jupiter, the Moon and Sirius with his IR camera, and see what happens.



Originally posted by demonseed

Originally posted by segurelha
Demonseed, I used a starmap software and got the same conclusion as Phage. It is Mars, the stars correlate perfectly.

Why do you refuse to see this?

This is Mars, no doubt.
The "bright planet" is on the exact place Mars should be.

Maybe there is something wrong with Mars (bright on the IR), I don't know, but this is
[edit on 7-4-2010 by segurelha]


maybe there is something wrong with the software you used? I mean, if they are covering it up it would be pretty easy to make the object mars.

I think we have all come to the agreement that the size and IR brightness of the filmed object is out of proportion with mars.

There are 3 possible explanations.
1) Something happened on or to mars to cause this.
2) Some of the software indicating this is Mars are false and covering up the actual object.
3) The video in question is CGI or some other visual illusion.

#3 is very hard to agree with, but so far i see no indication of visual tracking. Although possible, it would be very hard for me to say at this point.
#1 and #2 both have profound implications that cannot be ignored.



[edit on 7-4-2010 by demonseed]

[edit on 7-4-2010 by demonseed]

[edit on 7-4-2010 by demonseed]


Do u think its possible for you to take a picture of what you are seeing in your telescope?



posted on Apr, 7 2010 @ 03:25 AM
link   
reply to post by TheDon
 


Ahh yup and he will delete and/or ban you from commenting him or sending him any messages now. Notice how no one disagrees with him? That is because he deletes there comments and ban's them from his page..
He's pretty quick at doing it too.. he banned me in less than one minute. Why would someone do that if there not purposely trying to hoax people? It's not like I was being rude to him even.. he just does not want any new viewers to see another possibility. That to me screams out someone is trying to pull a fast one.



posted on Apr, 7 2010 @ 03:25 AM
link   

Originally posted by TheDon
Hello ATSers

As some of you might of seen if you read the whole thread I have posted early on in this thread I know nothing about astronomy and had to rely on my own research to so I can make up my own mind. It was not I did not believe the original explanation but if I want to confirm something I want a least 2 good sources.

Well after reviewing all the replies here, and also checking out a thread at GLP that a member posted earlier on in this thread, which had a member doing a live video stream with some impressive equipment and checking out the area and object in question. I believe it is Mars 100% based upon the evidence.

How did I research? I did not guess and go with the flow.

1. Checked the replies here and also search other threads on other forums.
2. Talked to the YouTuber who posted the original in a number of messages were I got 2 replies, were I also informed him of my little research and my sources. Waiting to hear back from him regarding my last message.
3. Waited and gave it a little time


GPL thread relating to a user doing a live video feed
Also an archive of last night’s live video stream on the area and Mars.

Deliberate hoax or error? Only the YouTuber knows the answer to that and to be honest does not really matter to me.

Case closed for now for me.

Thank you to all that added constructive comments and evidence.


im sorry but could you please provide me a link to his video of mars. I cant seem to find it.



posted on Apr, 7 2010 @ 03:27 AM
link   

Originally posted by SecretUsername
reply to post by TheDon
 


Ahh yup and he will delete and/or ban you from commenting him or sending him any messages now. Notice how no one disagrees with him? That is because he deletes there comments and ban's them from his page..
He's pretty quick at doing it too.. he banned me in less than one minute. Why would someone do that if there not purposely trying to hoax people? It's not like I was being rude to him even.. he just does not want any new viewers to see another possibility. That to me screams out someone is trying to pull a fast one.


or maybe hes angry at everyone saying its Mars when he knows in his heart its not?(or at least believes its not)

Not saying thats the right thing to do, but i care less about his personality and more about the content of his video.

Stop turning this into politics.



posted on Apr, 7 2010 @ 03:33 AM
link   
reply to post by demonseed
 

That article is very telling indeed. It's a must read. I don't think it's a coincidence that NASA recently sent up another infrared telescope. The article ends by saying:


"Even if Nemesis is not found, the WISE telescope will help shed light on the darkest corners of the universe."

So it's obvious what it's primary mission is.




top topics



 
48
<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

log in

join