It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Is this planet x? (no, it's Mars)

page: 8
<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 6 2010 @ 10:49 PM
link   
I'm not sure why people keep saying this isn't debunked. Phage's screen caps should be enough...but just in case they aren't...here is another one from Stellarium zoomed out.

It shows Mars to the upper left of Orion...just like the youtube poster says he is looking. And I put the date at March 18, 2010.

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/7b49258ab92f.jpg[/atsimg]

I'm not sure what else there is to discuss????

posted on Apr, 6 2010 @ 10:58 PM
link   
Now I'm no astronomer but...... (sorry, just had to include the obligatory ATS member disclaimer)

As PennyQ said, it's got to be Mars.

Oh, sorry OutKast Searcher - and as OKS said as well, it's got be Mars

Good spot to both of you

You can overlay the two star maps/images perfectly. What else is there to debate? Oh. Silly question - this is ATS, where nothing is as it logically should be.

[edit on 6-4-2010 by mckyle]

posted on Apr, 6 2010 @ 11:00 PM
link   
reply to post by OutKast Searcher

It doesn't matter if you debunk every single Mars/Betelgeuse/Venus/Sun dog, etc. photo, the Nibru cultists will scream 'ok so that one isn't real, there's still plenty of evidence that Nibru is real', when in fact, there isn't. So there's no point in trying to argue... they are new age Sitchin fundamentalists (awaiting copyright).

posted on Apr, 6 2010 @ 11:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by Phage
reply to post by FlySolo

The coordinates given by the youtube poster are no where near Orion or Mars.

But Betelgeuse is. So then it must not be Betelgeuse.

Edit to add: I missed the action a few pages back. I see the overlay.

[edit on 6-4-2010 by FlySolo]

posted on Apr, 6 2010 @ 11:11 PM
link   
reply to post by ucalien

The Sumerians said Nibiru does exist.

where do they say this?

posted on Apr, 6 2010 @ 11:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by downtown436
I am afraid doom may be coming.

Well you're in good company. At any given time in history, people have believed that "doom is coming
". The planet X/nibiru seems to be the popular meme at the moment, now that catastrophic AGW seems to have finally been shown as bs. Luckily, all the past hype has been just that. Hype.

Along with this recent "Nibiru" scare seems to be an increased awareness of earthquakes, with each one being portrayed as proof that "something is not normal!!". Many of these fears are not based on proper observation or facts, but gut instincts, assumptions and fear.

I'll concede that the current fears may be justified in the future, but I'm happy to just enjoy life and react to potential threats when necessary (when there is actual evidence). As I live in a geologically active country, NZ, I am well and truly aware of the potential for disaster at any moment. But right now, I'm not too worried

posted on Apr, 6 2010 @ 11:18 PM
link   
OK ... this has run it's course.

The guy who made the video purposefully videotaped Mars (for some reason) and then gave the misleading coordinates claiming it could only be viewed in IR light. Knowing that not many people have that sort of equipment allowed him to sit back and watch as the rest of us ran around chasing these little things. It got me too

Eh ... It did make me a little more familiar with this Niribu idea so the night wasnt a total loss.

S&F OP for the interesting read.

posted on Apr, 6 2010 @ 11:27 PM
link   
reply to post by loner007

Well, if you knew something about history you would know that mankind has gone through something called "population bottleneck", when for some reason large amounts of humans died off.

We also know that for example Earth has been bombarded by very large meteorites which have crashed with the surface of the Earth which would have killed off many mammals, and at least large portions of ocean life too.

Then there is the fact that we know that Mars was very likely hit by something large, or something large passed close to it which also caused for it's atmosphere to be sucked into space.

Recently there have been pictures taken which also show very large walls of ice were formed which could very well have been part of an ocean which as the atmosphere was ripped appart the water was either boiled at first by the tremendous heat caused by the crash, and frozen as the water rose up forming the immense ice walls.

Mars as you've never seen it before: The colossal ice walls that show another side of the Red Planet

It looks like a filmmaker's apocalyptic vision of Earth following a devastating natural disaster.
But this colossal ice formation is actually a portion of the wall terraces of a huge crater on Mars.
Approximately 37 miles in diameter, a section of the Mojave Crater in the planet's Xanthe Terra region has been digitally mapped by Nasa scientists.
The result is this digital terrain model that was generated from a stereo pair of images and offers a synthesized, oblique view of a 2.5-mile portion of the crater's wall terraces.

www.dailymail.co.uk...

Then we have the fact that there is an asteroid belt between Mars and Jupiter which could be the remnants of the collision of two or more planets.

BTW, I do not know this for certain, but it is very possible.

posted on Apr, 6 2010 @ 11:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by loner007
oh boy people really do have to get this into perspective. The Earth has been here since 5 billion years it has never been destroyed by anything otherwise we wouldnt be here.

Earth has been "destroyed" many times over it's 4 billion years. And I say 4 billion because we can't really count the billion or so that it took to actually form into anything resembling a planet. In fact, in that first 1 billion years, Earth probably could have collided with "Nibiru" and completely absorbed it's entire mass and 2 billion years later we would be calling it Mt. Nibiru.

The point is, the Earth is on a cycle, just like everything else in this universe. It's been constantly changing, since it's existence. Earth is going to go through whatever it has to. And it's taking us with it. There's not a whole lot we can say or do otherwise.

posted on Apr, 7 2010 @ 12:04 AM
link   
reply to post by ElectricUniverse

last time the human race got bottlenecked as u call it was 70 000 yrs ago when the volcano erupted the biggest in in recent geological terms.
quote from wiki

Evolutionary biologist Richard Dawkins has postulated that human mitochondrial DNA (inherited only from one's mother) and Y chromosome DNA (from one's father) show coalescence at around 140,000 and 60,000 years ago respectively. In other words, all living humans' female line ancestry trace back to a single female (Mitochondrial Eve) at around 140,000 years ago. Via the male line, all humans can trace their ancestry back to a single male (Y-chromosomal Adam) at around 60,000 to 90,000 years ago.[2]

This is consistent with the Toba catastrophe theory which suggests that a bottleneck of the human population occurred c. 70,000 years ago, proposing that the human population was reduced to c.15,000 individuals[3] when the Toba supervolcano in Indonesia erupted and triggered a major environmental change. The theory is based on geological evidences of sudden climate change, and on coalescence evidences of some genes (including mitochondrial DNA, Y-chromosome and some nuclear genes)[4] and the relatively low level of genetic variation with humans.[3]

However, such coalescence is genetically expected and does not, in itself, indicate a population bottleneck, because mitochondrial DNA and Y-chromosome DNA are only a small part of the entire genome, and are atypical in that they are inherited exclusively through the mother or through the father, respectively. Most genes in the genome are inherited from either father or mother, thus can be traced back in time via either matrilineal or patrilineal ancestry.[5] Research on many genes find different coalescence points from 2 million years ago to 60,000 years ago when different genes are considered, thus disproving the existence of more recent extreme bottlenecks (i.e. a single breeding pair).[3][6]

On the other hand, in 2000, a Molecular Biology and Evolution paper suggested a transplanting model or a 'long bottleneck' to account for the limited genetic variation, rather than a catastrophic environmental change.[7] This would be consistent with suggestions that in sub-Saharan Africa numbers could have dropped at times as low as 2,000, for perhaps as long as 100,000 years, before numbers began to expand again in the Late Stone Age.[8]

Any recent asteroids capable of destroying large area of land would leave craters ....

and mars well that side of mars got hit millions of years ago by another planetoid quote from wiki

There is evidence of an enormous impact basin in Mars's northern hemisphere, spanning 10600 km by 8500 km, or roughly four times larger than the Moon's South Pole-Aitken basin, the largest impact basin yet discovered.[8][9] This theory suggests that Mars was struck by a Pluto-sized body about four billion years ago. The event, thought to be the cause of the Martian hemispheric dichotomy, created the smooth Borealis basin that covers 40% of the planet.[26][27

and the asteroid belt is the remenants of the rocks that made up the planets. The reason they never formed a planet is because there isnt not enough mass for them to gravitate towards one and other. The total mass of the asteroid belt is about 4% of the moon.

Also the moon still in a stable orbit proves no massive object has ever come close to earth.

posted on Apr, 7 2010 @ 12:06 AM
link   

Originally posted by loner007
oh boy people really do have to get this into perspective. The Earth has been here since 5 billion years it has never been destroyed by anything otherwise we wouldnt be here. If such a planet did exist theres is no doubt its orbital path would not coincide with earths or get even close to earth to cause any effect. We know this because of simple logic if its orbit did coincide with Earths we would have been hit by it or our orbit would have changed something that heavy passing near the earth. We know this because again we are here. Some people specualte it comes every 3600years well there you go since man has been around longer than that and we still here.

[edit on 6-4-2010 by loner007]

Um where do you think the moon came from then? Well here is the answer earth has collided with something in the past and the moon was formed what hit it still is unknown for some. I think you need to get it in perspective that maybe science is wrong and has been wrong for a very long time.

posted on Apr, 7 2010 @ 12:08 AM
link   
I haven't read all the posts and noticed this. I wanted to note this anyone else hasn't yet. I just downloaded the latest google earth/sky and notice that the coordinates noted on the video 06:42:8.44,41:40:18.94 are blacked out.

posted on Apr, 7 2010 @ 12:09 AM
link   
reply to post by vkturbo

i think u need to get it into perspective the moon was born when another body collided with the earth but that happened in the forming of the earth when water hadnt even formed. How the hell do you think the planets was formed in the 1st place? do you think they just magically appeared?......

posted on Apr, 7 2010 @ 12:09 AM
link   
First off I'd like to say hey to everyone. I signed up so I can make this post actually ayah. From seeing those 3 videos, the object in question certently does look like it has something orbiting it you can say. Now i didn't read all the posts, but I can tell you 100% that the object IS Not Mars. I live in Canada Ontario so I see Orion mars basically everynight on a given clear day. Now from my window looking south west I see Orion with the group of stars named Pollux and candor ( not sure f that's what it's called ) but right next to that would be mars. You can really easily spot mars from looking at Orion. Depending on where your standing if you look around Orion you will notice 3 bright stars that will stick out and the form kind of a line sumtimes running verticaly or horizontaly of Orion depending on your location and time. One will be Mars and the other 2 Pollux and the other star. I know this becuase I have looked at theses stars and planets with a telescope with the aided guide of a program called Starry Night. Tmrw when I can I'll try to get another post ip here with a screen shots of the positions of all the plants from Starry Night

sorry about all the grande issues and what not. This is slot to type on a itouch

[edit on 7-4-2010 by YouCanCallMeKM]

[edit on 7-4-2010 by YouCanCallMeKM]

posted on Apr, 7 2010 @ 12:24 AM
link   

Originally posted by Phage

I used Stellarium which is very accurate and set the date to March 18, 2010, the same date that the video states.

It is Mars. Either the youtube poster knows nothing about the sky or it is a hoax. Take your pick.

I figured you used Stellarium.

This guy at least does not know what he is talking about but it was from your post that I think he is intentionally attempting to HOAX people. If he does have friends that know about astronomy then they would have set him straight especially if he used one of their LX200 telescopes.

He is lying about those coordinates and filmed the planet Mars.

***HOAX***

posted on Apr, 7 2010 @ 12:30 AM
link   
it's been a long time since i dont any astrophysics or anything (and to be truthful didn't really listen to everything anyway) but i do remember learning a fair bit on Brown Dwarves.
We were taught that Brown dwarves don't reside in the visible light spectrum, and that even now their existence is contested. The only way scientists are sure they're there is by looking at the effects on objects around said stars.

Is this object having any effect on the bodies around it? It should be, because brown dwarves are a multiple amount (i can't remember specific numbers sorry, and in a rush, work soon
) denser than the average star, so will have a much stronger gravitational force.

That said, Mr cameraman... How can you see a brown dwarf with the naked eye? If scientists can't look at these things even with broad spectrum scopes..

Originally posted by OutKast Searcher

It shows Mars to the upper left of Orion...just like the youtube poster says he is looking. And I put the date at March 18, 2010.

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/7b49258ab92f.jpg[/atsimg]

Mars is often described as having a 'brown' appearance whn viewed from Earth, possibly outkast Searcher is right?
If the object is milling around the Oort cloud, that sort of distance, it's very unlikely visible light would be reflected off of it back to us, that would be a hell of a distance for the light to travel, and brown Dwarves are stars that 'smoulder' if you will, don't actually ignite due to lack of mass (theoretically) so wouldn't produce its own light.

just an idea

posted on Apr, 7 2010 @ 01:03 AM
link   
This thread actually continued beyond page 3?

I mean, really?

PennyQ, Phage and everyone else with their brain switched on, well done.

Everyone else, I know Nibiru / Planet X or whatever you want to call it, is an interesting fantasy, but this most certainly is no such thing.

If you'd just simply use your eyes, and logic to view the images on page 2, you'd know it is Mars. I'm simply reinforcing what has been said for pages and pages here, but really?

The Youtube user gives you all a bunch of co-ordinates that lead to a black square, which by the way, is nowhere near what he was filming, and you buy it just like that?

I've got to get me a camera and fire up Google Sky, because apparently people will believe anything...

EDIT: Changed page 2 to page 3 and removed reference to Nemesis.

[edit on 7-4-2010 by Obscure Perception]

posted on Apr, 7 2010 @ 01:06 AM
link   

Originally posted by graaly
reply to post by Vicodin

and hopefully all their bunkers will be under water and they won't be able to get out and the people that were smart enough to get to higher ground will be left over to start a better society, one can hope right.

That is the real meaning behind "caveman"...

posted on Apr, 7 2010 @ 01:07 AM
link   
reply to post by loner007

I am skeptical as they come and I pretty much agree with most of what you say Loner. We try to make observations and understanding of our solar system fit with the knowledge we have - and adjust it occasionally as we discover more.

However, at some point in history, Venus was tipped over - and it now rotates in the opposite direction to all our other planets; Some suggest that the Asteroid Belt is the remains of a shattered planet; and it is widely believed that our four Moons were knocked away from Earth by some cataclysmic event. There is also evidence that global changes occurred on Mars, well before we were around to witness it.

Yes, it's been fairly quiet lately - but there is a possiblity that the dynamics of our Solar System have not always been that way.

posted on Apr, 7 2010 @ 01:25 AM
link   

Originally posted by Trudge
Is there anyway someone can post some pics from the video? I'm at work and they block YouTube...

www.ninjacloak.com...

...and let there be youtube!

edit: here is a direct link to the video using ninjacloak: The video

[edit on 4/7/2010 by above]

new topics

top topics

<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join