It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Is this planet x? (no, it's Mars)

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 6 2010 @ 07:53 PM
link   
reply to post by ucalien

Every bit helps.

Most of my work is based on tracking the natural disasters that are supposed to occur during this event. I was actually surprised how 'clusters' of events happen at the particular interval.

Like many, I didn't start down this path trying to prove what I believed; I started thinking that this was an interesting idea and wanted to see if there was actually any basis for it.

It's all there if you look for it.

In 20+ years of following this I've gone from thinking it was an interesting idea to actually being a believer; that's not to say I'm convinced of all aspects, but there is a mountain of data from a wide range of sources all pointing to the same thing.

Given what is going on with our planet on a daily basis finding an answer to this 'problem' seems more important than ever.

posted on Apr, 6 2010 @ 07:54 PM
link   
reply to post by ucalien

Each other, yes. EVERYONE?
I'm just saying, some people don't believe things, it doesn't make them disinfo agents. If you look at most of what is discussed on this forum, most people would think we're crazy for even being members!

posted on Apr, 6 2010 @ 07:55 PM
link   
reply to post by Isis_Is_I

I am looking at Orion right now. Upper left IS Betelgeuse, and it always appears somewhat orange.

If the image in the OP is only perceived via infrared, then I can't help. I did drag out my night vision scope, and other than everything being much more vivid, I don't see anything out of the ordinary.

I hope someone who has IR can take a look, a photocapture and give us some more definative information.

posted on Apr, 6 2010 @ 08:04 PM
link   
reply to post by ucalien

I personally think you (Phage) are a disinformation agent

Be glad. More people share of your opinion.

It's a drag, isn't it, when Phage goes and dashes our desires of doom with common, bottom-feeding facts and informed opinion. Dammit! Why does he do it?

he surely is Satan incarnate, in addition to a disinfo agent. How's a person to create a quality knee-jerk fear video with him around?

posted on Apr, 6 2010 @ 08:13 PM
link   
reply to post by ShadowArcher

I'm just saying, some people don't believe things, it doesn't make them disinfo agents.

Sure about that, but one thing is you don't believe in something that wasn't proven real. Other thing is you don't believe in something that ancient civilizations reported, out of box researchers have confirmed, but mainstream social structure keeps hidden. And another thing is you state your beliefs in public. Once you are speaking to thousands of people, you ALREADY are a voluntary or involuntary INFO agent or DISINFO agent. Regardless if you are paid to say something of say it for free... It's kinda dialectic, huh??

[edit on 6-4-2010 by ucalien]

posted on Apr, 6 2010 @ 08:19 PM
link   
I think this is something that needs to be verified by many others with telescopes with Infrared. NASA already admitted that they thought our sun might have a brown dwarf twin on a hugely elliptical orbit that came around once ever 3600 years and is due back now.

Don't laugh this off as one of our planet until we get others to verify. The guy says he has all the planets plotted and it's nowhere near any of them. Plus couple the fact that he found this is in the mysterious black rectangle of censorship on Google Sky for which there is no reason to be missing data unless they are hiding something from us.

Everybody on ATS knows that the government would never tell us about this if it was true until they were all tucked into their underground bases that we all paid for. There will be no golden survival tickets for us slaves. We'll have to deal with it without the resources we paid to develop.

I've been trying to get verification on this for weeks now from others and will keep checking back on ATS to see if we get more verification. We have the brainpower here to estimate an ETA if we make enough measurements over the months to come.

Be VERY suspicious of any person on ATS that says this is a hoax without proof because we know the government pays a lot of bloggers to tote the company line on ATS and they would do their best to tell you it was Jupiter or a satellite or some other garbage I've already seen on this thread. Some of their weak excuses without any proof are laughable. If you don't know, then shut up and go look or get an astronomer to go on record and say something doesn't exist at those coordinates. Don't just say it was a satellite when it's obvious that this thing is HUGE!

Here's a good video I found that shows when they actually admitted that something was coming our way and even published it in US News and World Report. Remember the new world order always WARNS you in some way so they can feel good about their evil.

Watch this film and see if they haven't warned us already in the 80s and 90s

www.project.nsearch.com...

This is the most important thing on ATS right now. We need to verify this
with other astronomers asap. Let's all do our best to get other astronomers to verify and don't listen to any of the disinfo bloggers on ATS who say it's nothing without any proof whatsoever. These are the same demons that tell you chemtrails are just normal contrails and that there is no such thing as the new world order.

posted on Apr, 6 2010 @ 08:27 PM
link   
reply to post by downtown436

**HOAX** In my opinion.
This is a common mistake made by those that don't bother to actually do any research on this subject.

Planet X, as Zorzenon pointed out, has nothing to do with the fabled Nibiru. Planet X was a designation given to planets outside of Neptune's and Pluto's orbit, i.e. Sedna. This designation, planet X, is for planets that maintain an orbit outside that of Neptune's or what is called a trans-Neptunian orbit. They Do Not come closer into our solar system, if they did we would call them something else.

Nibiru is a planet theorized by Zecharia Sitchin that supposedly orbits our Sun every 3600 years. This orbit is said to be highly elliptical or in other words spends most of its time outside of Neptune's orbit with a perihelion of a distance between Mars and Jupiter. There is a lot more information on the supposed orbital characteristics of this planet but one must research this to find it. Nibiru is Not a star; Brown, Dwarf or otherwise!

Binary stellar orbit
The theory for a brown dwarf star is something entirely different from the previous two. This theory has to do with a binary stellar orbit and the cycle is around 24,000-25,000 years (theoretically). Again there is a lot more information on this if one were to do some research. This theory is rather fascinating on its own I think.

My Conclusion
Anyone mixing up these three theories in such a way, as the person in your linked video did, has no idea what they are talking about. It takes but a small amount of effort to research these theories and understand my point here and if you do this you'll then realize how ridiculous that video is. I encourage anyone reading this to do so. It is from these simple failings that I find it easy to discredit the persons making that video.

Now as for what the object is that he was viewing.
By the celestial coordinates given in the OP'ers video I would say that it cannot be Betelgeuse nor is it Jupiter, Mars or Venus. I'll have to keep an eye on that part of the sky but I have my doubts about his said coordinates.

This object in question in his video appears low in the sky, similar to where the star Sirius would be at that time of night, and does not seem to correctly corroborate his said coordinates. Of coarse this depends on his location and my perspective of his video.

At 41°, if he is in the mid-Southern United States, he should be looking almost straight up. Vega is at 38° and the Big Dipper is between 50° and 60° declination. He could be South of the equator, like Australia, but his accent betrays his position somewhat. Perhaps he is further North such as Canada or Alaska, I don't know. I would say that this guy has a vivid imagination, little to do at 3 AM and almost no knowledge of astronomy.

Without confirming his celestial coordinates of this object the only thing we can rely on is that he does have a camera and he did film the night sky.

[edit on 4/6/2010 by Devino]

posted on Apr, 6 2010 @ 08:33 PM
link   
for my own research, using the co-ordinance on that vid and the date ... can anyone tell me if Jupiter would have been in that area

Nassim Haramein and a few other physicists were saying that Jupiter looks like its turning into a sun and because the sun has never settled down from its last polar shift in 2001 ... the sun has a polar shift every 11 years so guess when the next polar shift is .... you guessed it 2012 ... and considering it hasn't settled from the last polar shift which is highly unusual they don't know what it is going to do ... but they all agreed that Jupiter was acting unusual as well being a hell of a lot hotter

there have been some very unusual shots of Jupiter over the last few days

Can some one confirm this for me

posted on Apr, 6 2010 @ 08:34 PM
link   
all you calling hoax...just stop,kick,jab.elbow...keep focused on the ir or location or op's updates. let's find the location...OP...come on.!

posted on Apr, 6 2010 @ 08:43 PM
link   
Hello,
Pretty cool! I was thinking as I was watching the OP's first video...

Because in relation to this following link...

www.abovetopsecret.com...

That maybe this Nibiru, or whatever, Wormwood, being that it is only visible to an IR camera; What if by chance during that seventy-plus hours while the sun is not visible to us on Earth, it's because that (I'm calling it Wormwood, yo) Wormwood is eclipsing the sun during those frightening hours? Wreaking havoc all the while?

Oh yeah, I'm going to rest easy now, not!!!

posted on Apr, 6 2010 @ 08:44 PM
link   
jesus people just go back and have a good look at the two photos that phage posted, the stars in both photos match up almost perfectly, which should tell you two things...

1. the co-ordinates in the original you-tube videos are bogus
2. it is mars

but by all means ignore the facts and carry on just making it up as you go along.

Honestly phage i really dont know why you bother mate!

posted on Apr, 6 2010 @ 08:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by Zorzenon
I just needed to chime in and say this, because over the past few years I've heard the term "Planet X" misused again and again and I tire of biting my tongue. "Planet X" was what they called Pluto before it was officially found and named Pluto. If you must call this supposed brown dwarf something, call it something other than planet X, as that name was taken long ago. That, and the other name sounds a whole lot more interesting.

That's not quite true. Lowell described planet x as a body large enough to effect the orbits of the outer 2 gas giants.

Lowell proposed the Planet X hypothesis to explain apparent discrepancies in the orbits of the gas giants, particularly Uranus and Neptune, speculating that the gravity of a large unseen ninth planet could have perturbed Uranus enough to account for the irregularities.

Clyde Tombaugh's discovery of Pluto in 1930 appeared to validate Lowell's hypothesis, and Pluto was officially considered the ninth planet until 2006. In 1978, however, Pluto was found to be too small for its gravity to affect the gas giants, resulting in a brief search for a tenth planet.

The search was largely abandoned in the early 1990s, when a study of measurements made by the Voyager 2 spacecraft found that the irregularities observed in Uranus's orbit were due to a slight overestimation of Neptune's mass..

Today, the astronomical community widely agrees that Planet X, as originally envisioned, does not exist. However, the concept of Planet X has been revived by a number of astronomers to explain other anomalies observed in the outer Solar System. In popular culture, and even among some astronomers,Planet X has become a stand-in term for any undiscovered planet in the outer Solar System, regardless of its relationship to Lowell's hypothesis.

So before you shoot down someone's thread based solely on semantics at least understand what is being discussed.

As for my opinion on the supposed exsistance of a brown dwarf or any other large body exsisting in our outer solar system unidiscovered, I'd have to say it's possible but unlikely. Not unlikely that there is more dwarf or proto planets but unlikely that there are any large or giant planets.

In addition, probability arguments have also been used to suggest the existence of planet-sized objects in the outer Solar System. Sedna's 12,000-year orbit is so eccentric that it spends only a small fraction of its orbital period near the Sun, where it can be easily observed. This means that unless its discovery was a freak accident, there are probably a substantial population of objects roughly Sedna's diameter yet to be observed in its orbital region. Mike Brown, the discoverer of Sedna, noted in his 2007 Lowell Lecture that, "Sedna is about three-quarters the size of Pluto. If there are sixty objects three-quarters the size of Pluto [out there] then there are probably forty objects the size of Pluto ... If there are forty objects the size of Pluto, then there are probably ten that are twice the size of Pluto. There are probably three or four that are three times the size of Pluto, and the biggest of these objects ... is probably the size of Mars or the size of the Earth." However, he notes that, should such an object be found, even though it might approach the Earth in size, it would still be a dwarf planet by the current definition, since it will not have cleared its neighborhood sufficiently

en.wikipedia.org...

[edit on 6-4-2010 by constantwonder]

posted on Apr, 6 2010 @ 09:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by Zorzenon
I just needed to chime in and say this, because over the past few years I've heard the term "Planet X" misused again and again and I tire of biting my tongue. "Planet X" was what they called Pluto before it was officially found and named Pluto. If you must call this supposed brown dwarf something, call it something other than planet X, as that name was taken long ago. That, and the other name sounds a whole lot more interesting.

Actually... Planet X is a term used to describe any newly assumed planet.

Not just Pluto...

posted on Apr, 6 2010 @ 09:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by ucalien
reply to post by muzzleflash

Unless they were correct, that would make them sensible. It is this type of narrow minded, CLOSED minded illogic that is plaguing us so badly. If you honestly believe what you just typed, you are dangerously close to becoming worse than a disinfo-agent. It would make you a purveyor of ignorance and narrow-mindedness. Just because someone disagrees with you only means one thing, they THINK differently...

Hmmmmmm, lets see:

The Sumerians said Nibiru does exist. The sumerians didn't know about Uranus or anything beyond much less Nibiru. They offer almost nothing in the way of astronomical records.
The ancient Hindu (Rama Empire) said Nibiru does exist.Ditto
The ancient Hebrew said Nibiru does existThe Hebrew couldn't muster anything past Saturn
The Mayans and other Meso American civilizations said that there's a cosmic body that passes periodically through our system and shakes the thing on Earth. As far as astronomy the Maya were on par with Ptolemy.

9 in 10 ancient civilizations, reported this same "crossing cosmic body".... "Nemesis", "Absyntho", "Marduk", "Baal Star", "The abomination of desolation of prophet Daniel"... Horribly innaccurate interperetations of ancient literature. Vague at best. More likely completely wrong.

But it's OK, they were all lying and those who regard the possibility of this body being real, are "narrow minded"... Way to go guys, don't trust them... Trust the guy on ATS that say it doesn't exist...

[edit on 6-4-2010 by ucalien]

Sorry but your interperetations are in error. These ancient civilizations don't all say that specificly some that you mentioned. Most didn't know about any planets past saturn. And much of the God lingo isn't representative of what you are claiming.

posted on Apr, 6 2010 @ 09:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by Neilc1972
jesus people just go back and have a good look at the two photos that phage posted, the stars in both photos match up almost perfectly, which should tell you two things...

2. it is mars

but by all means ignore the facts and carry on just making it up as you go along.

Honestly phage i really dont know why you bother mate!

2 It is not Mars take good look here
homepage.ntlworld.com...

I love debunkers they always there best.

How can you fake it? while whatever it is is there?

posted on Apr, 6 2010 @ 09:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by ShadowArcher
reply to post by ucalien

Each other, yes. EVERYONE?
I'm just saying, some people don't believe things, it doesn't make them disinfo agents. If you look at most of what is discussed on this forum, most people would think we're crazy for even being members!

Stating facts or applying logic is not equivalent to disbelief in anything.

The OP and his video source referred to specific celestial coordinates, as if that is good enough to establish the location, much less the presence, of a mythical object in the sky.

To accurately apply celestial coordinates you need more than right ascension and declension. You must know where the observer is; her latitude affects the position of the objects in the sky relative to the observer. You also need date and time coordinates to account for celestial motion.

Example: OP uses his coordinates tonight at 9pm MST in Colorado Springs.

Phage uses the same coordinates at 11 p.m. in Tallahassee. They will observe completely different areas of the sky.

In astronomy, all variables must be specific before you can "prove" the location and existence of ANY object.

That all said, not one single person here or anywhere else has given a specific, reproducible location and observation. Everything else is speculation and belief.

This is not "disbelief," it is astronomical fact.

No one here tonight has established a single astronomical fact; many argue whether Venus is a "star" or Betelgeuse is in Orion's belt. A good reference book will help you PROVE, or disprove, the location of your mythical planet.

Prove me wrong.

Deny ignorance.

jw

posted on Apr, 6 2010 @ 09:28 PM
link   
After I read the 3rd page I found this reply by Phage,

Originally posted by Phage

Originally posted by PennyQ

I don't think it's Betelgeuse, when he pans up he goes too far left, those coordinates are bogus too, very convenient them being in the middle of that blacked out patch

However, after staring at google sky, stellarium (til I was boggled eyed) and checking a few sites I think it's Mars.

Mars is in about the right place.

Just my opinion.

And a fine opinion it is! Thanks for boggling your eyes.
[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/7716ef58e8cd.png[/atsimg]

I don't know how accurate the celestial program is that Phage used but from what is seen, if this is correct, it means case closed. If this image in jcattera's video is in fact the planet Mars then he is intentionally attempting to HOAX people.

Of coarse all of this is just my opinion based on the information gained here in this thread, the comments on YouTube about jcattera's video and what I know about astronomy.

posted on Apr, 6 2010 @ 09:30 PM
link   
Not sure what this could mean or if it's been posted previously, but I just looked at the coordinates on Google Sky, and where this should be, there is just a blank square. This section has clearly been edited out, as seen below:

posted on Apr, 6 2010 @ 09:31 PM
link   
For all you guys that are just bashing him, at least he's trying to find answers, and he isn't just bumping his gums at people. What if it turns out that he really did discover something? What if he were the one person who could bring the truth to light, and save your @ss? Instead of calling names, and trying to shoot him down because he called it "planet X", just call it Planet Doompickle if it makes you feel better. Why don't you just talk to him, and give him some ideas that might better our chances of figuring out what he caught on camera?

posted on Apr, 6 2010 @ 09:31 PM
link   
reply to post by projectnsearch

don't listen to any of the disinfo bloggers on ATS who say it's nothing without any proof whatsoever.

What you describe is called "faith" or "belief."

What do YOU rely on to support your statements, if they are "without any proof whatsoever?" Nothing?

Give me:

the celestial coordinates,
longitude and latitude of the observer,
time and date,
of the "observations" you rely on to support all these and your posts.

With that information you will find all the proof anyone needs, unless you ARE relying solely on faith and belief.

Please. I'll wait. Do it now. Please.

Deny ignorance.

jw
p.s.: it can't be done because it doesn't exist

[edit on 6-4-2010 by jdub297]

new topics

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join