It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Is this planet x? (no, it's Mars)

page: 19
<< 16  17  18   >>

join
share:

posted on May, 25 2010 @ 07:40 PM
link   
reply to post by Phage

You know, I hesitate to even say this because I think this Nibiru zeitgest is bulls@$t, but how can one be sure that they object labeled Mars is actually Mars and not something anomalous that someone simply labeled Mars? This is a sincere question; not an attempt to support the planet X myth. Sincerely, can someone elucidate this for me...or point me in the right direction if this has already been addressed.

posted on May, 25 2010 @ 08:16 PM
link   
reply to post by Threadfall

Because I didn't label it nor did anyone else. Stellarium, an astronomy program, labeled it. Stellarium is a very good program, Mars was in the exact location indicated by the program and the nearby stars were in the exact locations that they are in jcattera's video.

[edit on 5/25/2010 by Phage]

posted on May, 26 2010 @ 12:47 AM
link   

Originally posted by Threadfall
reply to post by Phage

You know, I hesitate to even say this because I think this Nibiru zeitgest is bulls@$t, but how can one be sure that they object labeled Mars is actually Mars and not something anomalous that someone simply labeled Mars? This is a sincere question; not an attempt to support the planet X myth. Sincerely, can someone elucidate this for me...or point me in the right direction if this has already been addressed.

This is a question I have asked myself. The only real answer is to not trust anyone else and seek your own answers. This can be difficult because we must all rely on outside information at some point to verify our findings and point us in the right direction.

The main problem I have is why anyone would HOAX anything like this. How could anyone in their right mind actually intentionally lie about such a thing as the possible end to our planet and all life on it? There seems to be no shortage of idiots propagating such fear and I know what this does to people.

We all have the ability to discern the truth but only if we look for it. Take the time to read this thread, this request especially goes for realanswers and rajaten, if you wish to understand the question presented in the title. I can only say that the work done in this thread by some of the members here make for a solid conclusion in my opinion.

I could go on and on about what I know of Nibiru or planet X or 2012 or any other subject along those lines but I think enough has been said already.

The only question that remains unanswered for me is how can someone like jcattera (youtube user name) or LX200GPS_3 (ATS user name) intentionally lie about such a thing and not even care of the consequences? There are no words I wish to type here that could describe my feelings of such a person.

posted on May, 26 2010 @ 12:55 AM
link   
reply to post by loner007

No you need to wake up.

posted on May, 26 2010 @ 01:02 AM
link   

Originally posted by Devino
The only question that remains unanswered for me is how can someone like jcattera (youtube user name) or LX200GPS_3 (ATS user name) intentionally lie about such a thing and not even care of the consequences? There are no words I wish to type here that could describe my feelings of such a person.

Most people have something to gain when they do it...

Since YouTube is allowing it's members to earn money from their popular videos, this could all just be a really lame attempt to get attention to a certain video, and to get advertisement hits. Ever heard for the YouTube Partnership Program?

Some people host these videos on their own websites, and get revenue from advertisements too.. Keeping the video alive means keeping their money stream alive.

Topics such as UFO's and other myths like Planet X are very easy things to fake which get a LOT of attention on the net. This means easy money for charlatans and hoaxers.

Or, it could be a genuinely confused person who believes his own ignorance.

I am pretty sure they are doing it for YouTube views/money though.

What really pisses me off about this hoaxer, is that he is using YouTube comment boxes to hide sections of his video that prove he is lying.

posted on May, 26 2010 @ 01:06 AM
link   
reply to post by Phage

sure its not venus

posted on May, 26 2010 @ 01:27 AM
link   
reply to post by gamma 49

Can you debunk this video?

No, you can't. You can't debunk the truth.

posted on May, 26 2010 @ 02:24 AM
link   
reply to post by ALLis0NE

Shame on You Tube!!
Not for allowing people to post this stuff but for allowing them to censor any opposing comments. There should be some way to label garbage such as this as the HOAX it is.
The History channel is showing similar (science fiction) garbage such as this and all for profit as well I guess. I mean, what does "Life Without People" have to do with history?

Oh and FYI, jcattera aka LX200GPS_3 is intentionally hoaxing all of this. I know this is just my opinion but after reading this thread there is no doubt in my mind he is a fraud.

posted on May, 26 2010 @ 03:07 AM
link   

Originally posted by Devino

Originally posted by Threadfall
reply to post by Phage

This is a question I have asked myself. The only real answer is to not trust anyone else and seek your own answers. This can be difficult because we must all rely on outside information at some point to verify our findings and point us in the right direction.

May I add to this a little? I've been an astronomy nut for over forty years. From the days when planetary 'ephemeris' (that's the data that tells you where things are) was only easily available from tables in magazines, things have changed a bit.... Back then, you could of course make the observations yourself (with a decent telescope you can distinguish Mars appearance), and of course over time you could build up an expectation of where it should be. Or you could even do your own ephemeris calculations - hard work, but the information is all public domain.

Back when computers first appeared, astronomy programs appeared shortly after. I can fondly recall the first one that really impressed me - a thing called Skyglobe (for DOS). Tell it your lat/lon, and the time and date, and it would pop up an accurate (moving!) picture of the sky above you...

Nowadays, not only are there HUNDREDS of amazing programs like that out there, many of them (eg Stellarium) are open source and FREE - that means you can check all the ephemeris calculations yourself. Some astronomers are that keen... But then there are also Goto telescopes, where you again tell it where you live and the date/time, and the dang thing will pan around to point exactly at any sky object you tell it to, via it's controller.

Get along to your nearest astronomy club and take a look at this stuff in action. It will knock your socks off...

Anyway, all this information is openly available, and at every second of every day, hundreds (nay thousands) of telescopes around the world are using this data. If any of it was wrong, the outcry would be ENORMOUS.

PLEASE, PLEASE, if you have any interest in astronomy - GET STELLARIUM and look for yourself. Set it up (it's EASY) and then be gobsmacked by the beautiful way it portrays the night sky (use your mouse to roll around, zoom in/out..), speed the time up to watch the rotation of the stars... Then get it back into realtime mode, and go outside on a clear night and you can then sit and identify everything you can see.

DO IT!

I find it rather sad that so few people care about their night skies any more, and wouldn't have a clue about what is up there..

ADDED:

Here's where you get Stellarium. FREE. Linux, Windows or Mac... ~46Mb download:

www.stellarium.org...

So what's your excuse for not knowing your night sky?

[edit on 26-5-2010 by CHRLZ]

posted on May, 29 2010 @ 09:12 PM
link   
reply to post by CHRLZ

Thanks.
CHRLZ.

posted on Aug, 18 2010 @ 10:22 AM
link   
i'm afraid Phage is right about the april video of Mr JCATTERA, this is mars, but this is not mars on the first one. On the first one, JCATTERA did a movement with his telescope, from orion belt to aurigae, and his telescope is stopping on PSI 2 AURIGAE. Note that his movement is not a meade LX200 like movement, but looks like a newton equatorial hand guided movement, the speed is variable, and this is not possible with a meade lx200acf as described in his video. See on this picture, i pasted the frames of his video. The "nibiru" is on the top leftand orion belt bottom right. His planet is psi2 aurigae.
This does not signify that he is dishonnest, because with a meade telescope ( i own one) the alignement process gives false RA/DEC ccordinates with the "identify" function. But this was not made with a meade......
[img=http://img190.imagevenue.com/loc473/th_43186_compo sitingCATTERAmarchNEG_122_473lo.jpg]

[edit on 18-8-2010 by agena]

posted on May, 15 2011 @ 10:01 AM
link   
having looked into this subject in great detail and having read through many threads here on ats i am still on the fence but i am a firm believer that modern science as we know it is still infantile and what upsets me is that many here who claim to know everything about everything are so closed minded that they can not entertain the notion that they could be wrong.
Now as most of us know what is know as fact to one generation is proven wrong by the next generation as someone posted earlier science is just predictions of theory's and should not be taken as fact a prime example of this was the belief that the world was flat or that the earth was the centre of the solar system etc.
now things are changing here on planet earth i'm sure you all feel the feeling of dread in the pit of your stomachs
for me its like i know that my time here is short.
now although at first i like many thought that such a object in our solar system was complete rubbish but when i look up to the sky day in and day out and see the artificial clouds being created to cover the sky,watch reports of massive earthquakes and extreme weather sink holes and mass animal deaths with no plausible reason i began to question my dismissal of the nibriu theory so now even though i sit on the fence i have started to prepare because as my nan said to me a long time ago better to be prepared than be caught with your trouser's down.

posted on May, 15 2011 @ 11:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by djcarlosa
what upsets me is that many here who claim to know everything about everything are so closed minded that they can not entertain the notion that they could be wrong.

Who here claimed to know everything about everything? You don't need to in order to realize that Mr. Jcattera is a hoaxing liar and that Nibiru is not real.

posted on May, 16 2011 @ 01:50 PM
link   
reply to post by ngchunter

Nibiru is real. It is a real myth but not likely a real planet.

Nibiru, however, is no planet X. These two different hypothetical objects are often confused and lumped together as one. For those that want to learn more about Nibiru read Sitchin's book, "The 12th Planet".
en.wikipedia.org...
Sitchin is a self taught translator of cuneiform writing and came up with the idea through these translations of an extra, yet to be discovered, planet that has a 3600 year orbit.

So, djcarlosa, as fallible as people can be, including science, wouldn't you think it likely that Zecharia Sitchin could be the one in error? Knowing that the Nibiru story originated from this one man don't you think it more likely that he might have made a mistake?

Having an open mind is good but not so open that fantastic stories like this end up being interpreted as "fact".

new topics

top topics

<< 16  17  18   >>

join