It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

New Photos show rape of detainees by U.S. soldiers

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 6 2010 @ 01:04 PM
link   
reply to post by okbmd

I brew my own, so I got the beer covered. And I agree 100% that those who gave the order need to be dealt with. My fear is that this is common practice. I served back in 90-96, but I fixed planes. never saw the line or anything that resembled it. But I served proudly and know that many others do. Many would not agree with the order to kill people trying to help a guy crawling away from a firefight, and most would never commit rape when ordered under any circumstances. ATS is a breeding ground for anti military talk. When it's justified, nothing can be said. I just think that there is enough hatred with that one incident without pouring old salt into new wounds.
Have a nice day.

posted on Apr, 6 2010 @ 01:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by okbmd
reply to post by network dude

Obama was not president in 2009

Did I miss something? Becuase GHW Bush either got tan as hell or Obama was just chillin in the whitehouse during the better part of my 2009. Just saying.

posted on Apr, 6 2010 @ 01:24 PM
link   

reply to post by CaptGizmo

And my point is , that regardless of where I posted this , I would still be 'beating a dead horse' and acting like 'a woman who is losing a fight' according to him .

Do either of you know what an 'appeals process' is ? Would that be considered a dead horse ?

Ok fine have it your way. Then the title of your thread is outright misleading....as these are hardly New photos. Perhaps you should change the title of your thread to reflect the true meaning of you thread. That is if it is truly about due process and not creating a new thread about an already highly discussed old topic simply to garnish points.

[edit on 4/6/2010 by CaptGizmo]

posted on Apr, 6 2010 @ 01:40 PM
link   
There should not be an entity that removes pictures that they think the public cannot handle. I wanted to see the pics. Who the heck removed them? Show yourselves, you cowards! Stand before me and try and take my information from me. Pry it from my cold dead grip.

posted on Apr, 6 2010 @ 01:46 PM
link   
reply to post by Shark VA84

Yea, you got me there . Meant to say 'until' 2009 . Fingers must have got a little happy right thru there .

Good eye ., Thanks .

posted on Apr, 6 2010 @ 02:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by network dude
reply to post by okbmd

the rape photos have been discussed here before. The soldiers who were guilty were reservists. Go back and look at the old threads. There are plenty of them. here is just one of them. It was before the "blocking" attempt by Obama, but it is the same pictures. None of it is justified or right in my eyes. But jumping on a "bash the military" bandwagon by dredging up old news is a weak tactic. That is something a woman does when she is loosing a fight.

I agree that our military leadership sucks and needs to be fixed. But beating a dead horse won't fix anything.

edit to add: Your title needs to be changed. There are no "new" photos.

[edit on 6-4-2010 by network dude]

Eh...there is no fight to win? I didn't know about this and didn't know Obama tried to block these from getting out! Thanks OP!

posted on Apr, 6 2010 @ 10:06 PM
link   

Don't shoot me I'm just the messenger . Make of it what you will .

What the hell is it going to take before this despicable ( BANKER's ) 'war-on-terror' is stopped ?

And before any of you call me a nut-job , let's get together and see who is funding the other 'side' .

I'm putting my two-cents on the same ELITE owned/controlled banks that are funding 'our' side .

rt.com...

usual old stuff... nothing new here at all...

posted on Apr, 6 2010 @ 10:32 PM
link   
I am disappointed he tried to block their release. I can understand his rationalizing for that decision but it is the wrong one. These photos need to get out as a message to our troops that if you do these horrible things, we will find out. You will not be protected and given a free pass to strip people of their human rights and behave like this.

We will see this and you will not be treated like a hero, you will come home disgraced and treated like the scum criminal you are.

I saw a bunch of posts about this being old news but I had not heard of it. Hopefully the people responsible will be prosecuted to the fullest extent. Disgusting and what wastes of human beings.

posted on Apr, 6 2010 @ 10:50 PM
link   
I'm a little behind the times so please help me a little.

How long ago does a rape have to been committed for it to not be worthy of being talked about anymore?

I mean if someone told me 100 years then I'd take that as being a reasonably long time and notch it down as correct.

However if someone says that 100 years of oppression by an invading force who are easily more technologically advanced and had no reason to be in there in the first place indiscriminately murdering, raping and pillaging the natural resources of that area under the name of liberating them then I might find myself questioning their reasoning.

Now since it's not every person in the invading force raping (although they all have basic killing training and are part of the overall marauding empire) I'll accept that we can't brush everyone with the same stick. However it's not been 100 years, it's been 8 so its really a numbers game. Within 8 years we've had pointless murdering based on no evidence and people being detained without trial and raped by an invading force. Within 8 years sounds like a reasonable enough time to still bring it up.

Do any of those Americans with African heritage still bring up discrimination issues due to skin tone over there in the homeland? LA cops still killing folk for nothing?

To ask again; How long ago does a rape have to been committed for it to not be worthy of being talked about anymore?

Answer quick; American Idol is on soon!!!

-m0r

posted on Apr, 6 2010 @ 10:56 PM
link   
these are OLD Photos, and Personally I could really care less what they do to combatants,
Oh No They put a pair of underwear on his head. you know If I got captured by them, I would be thankful the only thing they did to me was line me up in a big gay naked dog pile. It's amazing how tuff these guys are, when there blowing woman and kids up, but how big of babies, they are when they get a wet willie. If it we're up to me, I would use the old General Blackjack Pershing playbook. and line up 50 of them... Soak the shells in Pigs Blood. Shoot 49 of them, and let the last one go. Thats when we won wars.
We didn't Win World War 2, because we were PC

posted on Apr, 7 2010 @ 06:19 PM
link   
reply to post by Target Earth

You must be a real he-man from the sounds of your post .

Actually you sound like you are cut from the same cloth as those who are committing these atrocities .

Funny , I can't get my mind to comprehend the difference between you and the terrorists .

So , you are okay with rape then ?

Maybe you would have a change of attitude if you were the victim of such an assault ? After all , they were raping males also .

posted on Apr, 8 2010 @ 08:59 PM
link   
reply to post by okbmd

The difference is... That I would only kill them, and not every body else in the building.
get a backbone

top topics

<< 1   >>

join