It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Wikileaks Trying to Release Yet More U.S. Military Footage

page: 9
<< 6  7  8   >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 8 2010 @ 02:02 PM
link   
reply to post by network dude

The thing I worry about most is treating the military men and women like our country treated the Vietnam Vets. IMO John Kerry is one of the most reprehensible men in U.S History.
We must remember that media have agendas just like everyone else. That is why I am skeptical and surprised very few are not. What I find really odd is people are claiming the govt. is verifying this video is real. Since when did anyone here believe the govt. I'm sorry I just don't get it.
We got so many lies and distortions from the media about Vietnam but we all believed it because at the time no one could believe the media would lie to us. You would think 45 years later we would be more skeptical and savvy. It appears to me and I could be wrong and hope I am that for some reason people want these soldiers to be guilty.

posted on Apr, 8 2010 @ 02:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by Pajjikor
Earlier when this was news about being released, someone claimed that on the date the government would find a way to make sure it was not seen as much as it could be. I think the mine blasts did a pretty good job of hiding the video. I would love to see which major news networks showed it.

I did not see anything about it on CNN or Foxnews. I missed it by a day I guess.

Tiger Woods is a puppet to cover bigger stories.

posted on Apr, 8 2010 @ 02:52 PM
link   
reply to post by rick1

you also have to remember where you are. On ATS, soldiers and cops are little more than scum to be spit on. Kids who have no idea about duty, honor, and country spew hatred of something they don't understand more often than not. last year a recruiter started a thread just to tell everyone that not every recruiter lies to get hight numbers and he was lambasted for like 10 pages. there were a few who stood up for the Military, but not many.

This situation was toxic from the start. Think Rodney King toxic. I wish people could know the sacrifices most soldiers make for their country. Yea they get paid, about as much as McDonalds. But when they grow up, life has a way of changing things.

Having said all that, the gunner in the MC130 sounded like a master at the Xbox360 and didn't equate pulling the trigger to taking a human life. I am sure it's easier to do that job that way. Much like a sniper. they are targets not people. But until there is no more war, these people will be needed. I would rather have them on my side than against me.

Being someone who would die trying to save a life, it seems like such a waste to kill anybody.

posted on Apr, 8 2010 @ 03:42 PM
link   
reply to post by Tom_Proctor

Well I sort of agree, I mean on the day of the release here Tiger woods was literally all over the news which actually made me pretty angry as i thought wiki leaks at least deserved a say and it wasn't till a few days later did I see anything at all about wikileaks and it was short but it was better noting nothing i suppose.

But it was still wrong IMO what this guys does is his problem and I really couldn't care less, I want to actually see some real news for once.

posted on Apr, 8 2010 @ 05:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by network dude
you also have to remember where you are. On ATS, soldiers and cops are little more than scum to be spit on.

Yeah, I noticed that. When I read something along those lines, I just picture the poster as a fat kid in his mom's basement, eating Cheetos and wearing a thong.

Originally posted by network dude
Having said all that, the gunner in the MC130 sounded like a master at the Xbox360 and didn't equate pulling the trigger to taking a human life. I am sure it's easier to do that job that way.

AC-130 is a gunship. The MC-130 is a Talon.

posted on Apr, 8 2010 @ 08:43 PM
link   
& thats the problem
As a man that grew up through the Terrorism years of Northern Ireland, I cannot understand how in 21st century, human life can be equated to an XBOX target mentality.

I

posted on Apr, 9 2010 @ 05:45 AM
link   

Originally posted by jerico65

AC-130 is a gunship. The MC-130 is a Talon.

that's what I meant. I worked on HC's. Ours didn't have guns, just crazy people. I never understood why they always wanted to jump out. I promised them all that I fixed it real good.

posted on Apr, 11 2010 @ 02:10 AM
link   

Originally posted by kinda kurious
reply to post by network dude

...It is easy to second guess these "split-second" reactions in a war zone with the luxury of hindsight, repeated viewings and context. ...

"Split second" reactions? These guys quickly decided they were going to kill these people but then waited for authorisation. Plenty of time to clear the red mist. No one was firing in their or anyone elses direction.

posted on Apr, 11 2010 @ 02:36 AM
link   
reply to post by OverSword

Originally posted by OverSword
Before anyone posts one more opinion about the recently released video I urge them to checkmypetjawa.mu.nu...

This really should end any implied wrong doing by the chopper pilots involved here.

OverSword - Unless you have some unredacted photos available (I'm looking but not finding,) there's nothing in this document to prove beyond doubt that an RPG was even in the location prior to the troops arriving.

I've worked with military and police and I've seen firsthand the way that investigations can be carried out with a "for public dissemination" version and a restricted "internal use" only version. Agencies at all levels will close ranks and limit negative information for various reasons because, in the end, it's not the truth that's important to them but surviving the incident.

The fact that your linked website describes the reporters as being in the company of insurgents says a lot about the author's impartiality.

In the end, these people (and those in the missile attack) were killed because they had or were believed to have had weapons in their possession. It's highly ironic for American's to see that as a crime.

new topics

top topics

<< 6  7  8   >>

join