It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Wikileaks Trying to Release Yet More U.S. Military Footage

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 7 2010 @ 04:41 AM
link   
reply to post by Kratos40

Thanks to Kratos40 for originally posting

WOW!!

WASHINGTON - The U.S. military said Tuesday it can't find its copy of a video that shows two employees of the Reuters news agency being killed by Army helicopters in 2007, after a leaked version circulated the Internet and renewed questions about the attack.

Capt. Jack Hanzlik, a spokesman for U.S. Central Command, said that the military has not been able to locate the video within its files after being asked to authenticate the version available online.

"We had no reason to hold the video at (Central Command), nor did the higher headquarters in Iraq," Hanzlik said in an e-mailed statement. "We're attempting to retrieve the video from the unit who did the investigation."

Continued story here

Convenient much????

[edit on 7-4-2010 by Rising Against]

posted on Apr, 7 2010 @ 05:12 AM
link   
All I've got to say is Kuddos to Wikileaks for following their word in releasing this video on the 5th.

posted on Apr, 7 2010 @ 06:08 AM
link   
I have a question...why are they "trying" to release it? Why don't they just post it to their website?

posted on Apr, 7 2010 @ 06:12 AM
link   
reply to post by DocEmrick

From the Wikileaks website.......

We have received hundreds of thousands of pages from corrupt banks, the US detainee system, the Iraq war, China, the UN and many others that we do not currently have the resources to release to a world audience. You can change that and by doing so, change the world. Even $10 will pay to put one of these reports into another ten thousand hands and $1000, a million.

We have raised just over $370,000 for this year (our yearly budget is around $600,000.).

The Sunshine Press (WikiLeaks) is an non-profit organization funded by human rights campaigners, investigative journalists, technologists and the general public. Through your support we have exposed significant injustice around the world— successfully fighting off over 100 legal attacks in the process. Although our work produces reforms daily and is the recipient of numerous prestigious awards, including the 2008 Index on Censorship-Economist Freedom of Expression Award as well as the 2009 Amnesty International New Media Award, these accolades do not pay the bills. Nor can we accept government or corporate funding and maintain our absolute integrity. It is your strong support alone that preserves our continued independence and strength.

We are releasing some time sensitive disclosures on this page until the moment of our re-launch.

Money seems to be a big issue for them sadly.

posted on Apr, 7 2010 @ 06:28 AM
link   
Someone please refresh my memory ....And this is directed to the whining "the government did it and i'm powerless" group.

How was that rule you guys made up about when you have brutal dictator (or a killing regime) that doesn't respect your rights and goes about killing your neighbors etc.....

Was it that people themselves are responsible for not removing said dictator/ regime and even deserve to die for their inaction?

Hmmm... I wonder if the people of Iraq were propagandised and didn´t know the truth? But then again , that sorry ass excuse only applies to Americans covering their asses and not Iraqi's .....Selective reasoning , really ....Double standars ...really from the US of A ...no, get real....

Heheh...

In any event , you have lost the plot , and it will hit you like ton of bricks.

It don't see the Germans mending their part in history by whining about being ignorant,no at least they try to own up to it ...which you will as well...

Like it or not.

posted on Apr, 7 2010 @ 10:17 AM
link   
Co-founder of wikileaks (Julian Assange) discussing the released (and yet to be released) tapes.

(click link)

Skip to 3:20 to hear him talking.

Julian Assange:

- Have many more tapes to release. (no official number)

- Plan on releasing a tape where 97 people were bombed in May in Afghanistan.

posted on Apr, 7 2010 @ 10:28 AM
link   
During Operation Desert Storm, the US dropped a bunker-buster bomb into a bunker full of Iraqi women and children taking shelter there.
The military admitted it. It happened, due to bad intel, but it happened.

I don't think a lot will come of the next video released.

Except Wikileaks will get a new round of donations. I am not knocking them for that, that is how they make ends meet there. It is just that I think that is all that will change.

posted on Apr, 7 2010 @ 10:38 AM
link   

Originally posted by butcherguy
During Operation Desert Storm, the US dropped a bunker-buster bomb into a bunker full of Iraqi women and children taking shelter there.
The military admitted it.

Don't blame the tool, blame the Carpenter.

It happened, due to bad intel, but it happened.

Just like the Iraq war itself.

Sorry, I can't buy the "it happened, so deal with it logic." That is why convicted Murderers go to prison or are executed. (Oh well victim died, nothing I can do about that now.)

My .02¢

posted on Apr, 7 2010 @ 10:47 AM
link   
reply to post by kinda kurious

Nobody selling anything here on my end, so you don't have to buy it.

Just tell me, what happened afterwards?
Anyone hang for what they did?

Was it a good thing that all those women and children died? What did they do wrong? They were hiding in a shelter, trying to avoid exactly what ended up happening to them.

You seem pretty casual about the whole thing. What is it?
You get some preconceived notions about someone and just want to argue?

War sucks, it is time to get out of there and Afghanistan.
Nothing accomplished by being there now.

posted on Apr, 7 2010 @ 11:08 AM
link   
reply to post by butcherguy

Forgive me sir, I think we must actually agree. Your contempt over my 'casualness' reflects you are unaware of my stringent Anti-war posture. Specifically the Iraq "war." Sometimes posts don't convey actual intent or are misinterpreted. Perhaps I had a momentary lapse of judgement.

If you share the attitude that war is rephrensible, especially an unjust war,
then we both share a similar ideology. I have no beef with you. Apologies.

Regards...kk

[edit on 7-4-2010 by kinda kurious]

posted on Apr, 7 2010 @ 11:15 AM
link   
reply to post by kinda kurious

No problem, I am aware of your stand on the issue.

I am tired of seeing casualties all the way around. I am not anti-military. I promote a strong defense. As long as it is in our best interests, I don't mind seeing the armed forces used in the capacity that they were intended.

No need to have troops anywhere right now, I would even pull what we have out of S. Korea and the DMZ there.

posted on Apr, 7 2010 @ 02:04 PM
link   
reply to post by OverSword

You say as far as they knew they were saving the lives of their fellow soldiers, I say, they weren't thinking of them at all. They had a lust for blood. I have served in the Gulf War, I have killed the enemy. I have behaved as clinical as a medical professional while doing so. I did not joke about it, I did not get excited about it. I practiced measured self control and did my duty. And when I had conflict with orders I questioned my superiors and when dissatisfied with their responses I refused to obey said orders and faced the consequences for such refusal as a man. None of my fellow soldiers were any different than I. I come from 3 generations of Marines and not one of them behaved as those men did, they taught me. I am a real soldier, they are murderers, pure and simple. when they come home they will likely turn to gangs and organized crime or government work to continue their killing spree. The point is, we have no way to know what they thought they were doing we only know they had a hey ole time doing it. They are clinically sick individuals. A sane person does not sit around plannning wars. Theirs nothing overly intelligent about our leaders that justifies the power they wield. They may have seen weapons but they were obligated to use their high powered zoom and I know firsthand just how powerful those classified lenses are. If they were concerned for the troops, they would have done well to have warned them of "possible" hostiles and their location. The ones who justify this as the heat of battle need to realize that these men are psychologically profiled and tested exhaustively. They should have never lost their composure under pressure, and in that uniform the UCMJ says that you represent America and are therefore responsible for your words and actions, the off color jokes merit a violation for conduct unbecoming and a demotion in rank at best. This war will become like Vietnam, leaks of the conflict will flood the marketplace and returning soldiers will be spit upon. If I find that my family serving behaved in such a way, I will disown them.
Oh, and for those who believe they will have to live with what they have done, what makes you so certain it bothers them or ever will. The people I killed are dead and I could give two #s less care about it or them or their families. As long as my family is safe I'm not worried about the rest of the world. I protect the other families merely to ensure the protection of my own. I could run over that body over and over and not care. I simply wouldn't because it's "EXCESSIVE USE OF FORCE" which is prohibited by Law and Treaty.

[edit on 7-4-2010 by PhyberDragon]

posted on Apr, 7 2010 @ 02:33 PM
link   
Watch this video!

PROOF that CNN is a CONTROLLED BY PENTAGON, a PSYOP for CIA, PROPAGANDA, Re: Wikileaks Video

This video details how CNN is playing "damage control" for the Pentagon, controlled by the CIA as a psychological operation. Propaganda. They are nothing but CIA puppets being spin control for the Pentagon in order to limit the damage, in order to control perception to be favorable for the NWO.

www.liveleak.com...

posted on Apr, 7 2010 @ 02:49 PM
link   
reply to post by WhiteDevil013

It's too late for me because I chose to be upfront with my identity before realising just how nasty these people really are. Even though I'm sure they can identify any of us pretty quickly if they set their minds to it, I'm certainly so far down the threat list that it's not worth their aggro to worry about me.

If I'm wrong, then my wife is going to be mighty pissed off!

posted on Apr, 7 2010 @ 03:09 PM
link   
reply to post by freighttrain

Wow, thanks for posting that video.

If only more people could see these types of videos.

posted on Apr, 7 2010 @ 03:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by Evisscerator

All you have to do to see it on American soil is to review the cases of the Branch Davidians in Waco Texas and of Ruby Ridge. It does not take a rocket scientist to see that they have been doing this on our soil for years.

Good point! I've read one story about the true reason for the Branch Davidian massacre but never any supporting information so am a bit slow to comment on it. I'll have to read up on Ruby Ridge.

posted on Apr, 7 2010 @ 03:40 PM
link   
reply to post by JohnJasper

(link)

On Tuesday, WikiLeaks claimed to have another encrypted video, said to show an American airstrike in Afghanistan that killed 97 civilians last year, and used the opportunity to ask for donations.

I just hope they somehow find the funds to release this video as i'm sure it'll be just as if not important as the one released a few days ago.

Go Wikileaks!!

posted on Apr, 7 2010 @ 03:46 PM
link   
I actually got physically sick when I watched the video wiki leaks released.

I don't know if I could take another one.. I get the point.

Those people were human beings, who bleed just as you and I bleed.
It's a sick, sick world we live in.

posted on Apr, 7 2010 @ 03:55 PM
link   
I agree that it was particuarly upsetting to watch.

But at the same time i think it's so important and something we should all see so the more videos released by them the better IMO as it gives more people a chance of seeing what is really happening.

posted on Apr, 7 2010 @ 05:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by PhyberDragon

You say as far as they knew they were saving the lives of their fellow soldiers, I say, they weren't thinking of them at all. They had a lust for blood. I have served in the Gulf War, I have killed the enemy. I have behaved as clinical as a medical professional while doing so. I did not joke about it, I did not get excited about it. I practiced measured self control and did my duty. And when I had conflict with orders I questioned my superiors and when dissatisfied with their responses I refused to obey said orders and faced the consequences for such refusal as a man.

[edit on 7-4-2010 by PhyberDragon]

Havent got much of an opinion on this that doesnt much differ from those who say its just plain murder and blood lust on the part of the soliders in question.

But PhyberDragon, if you are what you say you are and served as you say you did, you are a good example of what a solider should be. I dislike the military (in the capacity of engaging warfare) immensely, but you I could respect despite my opinion on that matter, star for you.

Every solider should be like that, and they shouldn't even be allowed to serve unless they were so. Then again if that was to happen it would mean the military would be so hard to keep efficiently running that they'd shut them all down
which wouldnt be so bad an out come to me personally.

I could even go so far as to say from a completely neutral mindset, the act was irrelevant... it was the way they acted that was so disgusting.

[edit on 7-4-2010 by BigfootNZ]

new topics

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8  9 >>

join