It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Wikileaks Trying to Release Yet More U.S. Military Footage

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 6 2010 @ 09:49 PM
link   
reply to post by kinda kurious

You can't lump everyone together. You and I both know there are some shady groups in the military. What they do and what I do are two totally different things.

As long as we have bad people in our society, we will have some bad people in the military. What those bad people do cannot be used to condemn the entire US armed forces.

[edit on 6/4/10 by MikeboydUS]

posted on Apr, 6 2010 @ 09:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by MikeboydUS
reply to post by kinda kurious

You can't take rotten apples and then condemn the whole orchard.

There are bad people in all walks of life.

Except Muslims. And Iraqis. They're all bad and we should kill them so they submit. SUBMIT dammit! Well... At least that's what many of the rednecks who support the war believe anyway.

posted on Apr, 6 2010 @ 09:58 PM
link   
(edited to remove failed attempt at embedding a video)

I was livid when I watched the video. These so called heroes were just itchin to kill people. What stuck out most was the wounded reporter trying to crawl away and the gunner in the chopper says "All you have to do is reach for a weapon" A previous poster mentioned these boys were being forced to commit these attrocities - yep the MIC set the stage, but these sociopaths weren't being forced, they wanted to kill - plain and simple. They wanted any excuse to kill.

www.southparkstudios.com...

The sad thing is, for every person of compassion that views this video and finds it horrendous, there are an equal number applauding it. Perhaps we should raise the minimum age to soldier to something like 35 - where hopefully reason would prevail over bravado and bloodlust.

[edit on 6-4-2010 by seditionseed]

[edit on 6-4-2010 by seditionseed]

posted on Apr, 6 2010 @ 10:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by hoghead cheese

Originally posted by Rising Against
reply to post by JohnJasper

I agree, I found it actually quite hard to watch myself as well, especially as the soldiers were practically begging to shoot up the van for example. (Even though it posed absolutely no thread whatsoever)

It's even sadder that I’ve not seen it on the news yet, only on the website when I went looking for it which is better than nothing I guess but it does still deserve at least a say on television for all to see.

The news will never show this because its to graphic and the sheep have to be kept in the dark so that they don't look at those people as human beings. They where being cut down with 20 millimeter shells from a auto cannon. They where literally being torn apart. And the funny thing is that they attacked all of them and just considered the one that had a Ak-47 as an insurgent. The reason why americans don't empathize with the victims and others even if they are told or see this happening, is that THEY DON'T THINK IT WILL EVER HAPPEN TO THEM OR ANYONE THEY KNOW. They don't think it will happen to little 16 year old billy from down the block who happens to get torn apart with a group of other males because some nations soldiers think they look like terrorists or insurgents. They always think that it will happen to THOSE PEOPLE and not me.

Actually two or three had AKs and the reporters were not wearing their issued flak jackets and helemts.

Not every insurgent is going to carry an AK buddy. You logic will get your own people killed because not every one had a weapon. Think about things more.

posted on Apr, 6 2010 @ 10:02 PM
link   
reply to post by HunkaHunka

You obviously didn't read any of the reports. The army admitted there were no RPG's. I don't care what you saw. The Army admitted none of the people killed were insurgents. I don't care what you think they were. The investigation found no weapons and no insurgents. There were RPG's being fired that day from another part of the city.

posted on Apr, 6 2010 @ 10:04 PM
link   
The more people will be informed (awareness) of the true sickness of war and the lies that were used to get people to accept the war, the more the military industrial-complex and all of its greedy bastards running the show will loose their grip on the world. Sometimes, egoic suffering is necessary for people to awaken.

posted on Apr, 6 2010 @ 11:08 PM
link   
Well guess what, that whole village NOW hates americans and one day a kid from that village is going to become a nuclear enginner and remember what happend in his town. Hes gonna buy a russian nuke and set it off under the largest military base we have overseas.

This isnt a real war, were fighting a third world country with no military. If we were to ever battle a modern army like say russia or china do you think wed be seeing vids like this..no....we'd be seeing videos of a SAM taking out the apache.

The apache is very very vulnerable to SAM systems, a modern war will not be fought in the air because modern SAM systems are becoming too advanced. Ballistic missles will not be nuclear tipped, but rather have a conventional HE warhead. Its so easy to take out a military base with conventional Ballistic missles. The reason I'm saying this is that we are not fightiing a modern army just a bunch of farmers and taxi drivers.....We americans will sing a different tune when the war gets real and the bodies come home by the shipful.

posted on Apr, 6 2010 @ 11:15 PM
link   

reply to post by oozyism

Your talking about the bombings?

Terrorism isn't an excuse to occupy Iraq. The 286,000 Iraqi troops can handle it.

We have to move on to the next phase.

Yes it is an excuse, that was the reason why you guys went there in the first place, ohhh wait you forgot.. Foul me once shame on you, foul me twice shame on me..

They said Al-Qaeda had relations with Saddam lol..

The Iraqi army? Well the terrorism exists souly because of America lol, so yes, the Iraqi government, if chosen by the people, will manage to rid terrorism.. If it is a puppet like the Shah of Iran, terrorism will continue until people have more say than the colonial powers..

Let's wait and see, let's wait how many times we get fouled..

posted on Apr, 6 2010 @ 11:18 PM
link   
reply to post by MikeboydUS

Yes because there are no Muslims in the military and no Americans are Muslim.

I smell sarcasm .. there are American Muslims, but Muslims have been targeted while the rest of America been watching and doing nothing, and saying nothing except the extreme minority, hence ATS..

Getting arrested with no charges and locked up indefinitely.. Since you are not a Muslim it doesn't concern you unfortunately.. Too sad to be true..

posted on Apr, 6 2010 @ 11:34 PM
link   
Sorry if this has been posted, but I just saw this on the MSM MSNBC.com website:

Military Can't Find It's Iraqi Killing Video

Oh really? Well, how convenient.

posted on Apr, 6 2010 @ 11:58 PM
link   
Cowardly sociopaths killing civilians.

Today I am ashamed to be an American.

posted on Apr, 7 2010 @ 12:02 AM
link   
Wake up everyone! There's an old saying we used to say back in my military days "sh1t always rolls down hill." All of us here know we were lied to and forced into Iraq. The guys at the top know this kind of thing goes on, they want it to. It never effects them, and they know when they release these videos it will create more anti-american sentiment and help to dismantle our country even faster. We have to make sure the world understands this is not a reflection of most americans. We were suckered, just like the poor teenagers who are being brainwashed to kill. Get the guys at the top! Lets get out of Iraq, vote out the incumbants. Vote in SERVANTS of the poeple, who don't have an interest in putting our teenagers who don't know their ass from their elbow in harms way. Then we can become the beacon of freedom that we once were and help the rest of the world deal with the NWO. Time for sh1t to start rolling up hill!

By the way, does no one else see y our imposter government would have an interest in releasing material like this to build up anit-american sentiment and set-up for a false flag to blame on someone else? Or perhaps the American people?

[edit on 7-4-2010 by abovetopromen]

[edit on 7-4-2010 by abovetopromen]

posted on Apr, 7 2010 @ 12:08 AM
link   
All I can say is that this was a disturbing video to watch and it really makes me sick, and I agree with others that stated it this was cold calculated murder period! When the pilot and gunner were stating that they see weapons, as I reviewed the footage looked like a camera peering around the corner not an RPG, I did not see any rocket sticking out. Also as you can see right before they opened fire on the small crowd on the corner no one had a weapon, nor did the men the were trying to help the guy on the ground, they had no weapons on them at all.

The gunner begging to open fire and the pilot should be charge and tried for war crimes and murder! Just my opinion.

posted on Apr, 7 2010 @ 12:56 AM
link   

Originally posted by Matrix10pa
All I can say is that this was a disturbing video to watch and it really makes me sick, and I agree with others that stated it this was cold calculated murder period! When the pilot and gunner were stating that they see weapons, as I reviewed the footage looked like a camera peering around the corner not an RPG, I did not see any rocket sticking out. Also as you can see right before they opened fire on the small crowd on the corner no one had a weapon, nor did the men the were trying to help the guy on the ground, they had no weapons on them at all.

Hmmm...were you there? Just because you can see a camera, from the safety of your own home, doesn't mean the guys in the helicopter saw the same thing.

Walk a mile in their shoes....

Originally posted by Matrix10pa
The gunner begging to open fire and the pilot should be charge and tried for war crimes and murder! Just my opinion.

Yep, and it's been duly noted.

posted on Apr, 7 2010 @ 01:32 AM
link   
reply to post by JohnJasper

You do realize that wiki is considered a terrorist organization by the federal government?

Not saying that we necessarily shouldnt spread information about govt cover ups, and scandals, but this day and age, one cannot be too careful.

Im only saying this because it is obvious to me that WikiLeaks is being monitored. The people at Wiki have even stated that they have noticed an increase in the surveillance of their activities.

Lets remember that the US govt has basically a bottomless pool of resources, and Obama has already shown aggressive measures towards silencing blogs and sites like ATS.

I am genuinely making an attempt to remind people that we should stay on our toes. If TPTB track every person who views the wikileaks videos, its only a matter of time before they cut and paste quotes from ATS members, only in the pursuit of acquiring search and arrest warrants.

I am in the process of putting together a thread on this topic, due to some inside information, I know in my heart that at this point anyone who speaks out against the current administration is in grave peril. Im not paranoid, just concerned.

Heed my warning. Log in from public computers, or find a way to block your IP address when posting controversial information, especially if you're speaking out against the govt in a fashion that these days they can claim is a matter of national security

[edit on 7-4-2010 by WhiteDevil013]

posted on Apr, 7 2010 @ 01:50 AM
link   

Originally posted by oozyism

reply to post by oozyism

ohhh wait you forgot.. Foul me once shame on you, foul me twice shame on me..

By our thankfully former POTUS Dubya Bush:

"Fool me once, shame on - shame on you, fool me . . . . you can't get fooled again."

[edit on 4/7/2010 by dubiousone]

posted on Apr, 7 2010 @ 03:24 AM
link   
The bbc have put the 18min vid on there site -shame it never made it on the TV news BROADCAST it made it on RT news thou.

posted on Apr, 7 2010 @ 03:33 AM
link   
reply to post by WhiteDevil013

I can kinda see the government's side on this one. Do we have the right to know every secret? I say NO. I know I will have some fool who has never seen my posts tell me I am a agent for thinking this way. I can see how the government would want to watch them. I even think in some cases they are walking a fine line with national security.

Do I think that everything should be secret NO just things that could hurt our national security or undermine our position. I dont like the wars but it does not change the fact that we are at war. We need secrets to keep our soldiers safe and if these guys are willing to pull our pants down I think they should be stopped.

Maybe these guys should hire some x-CIA agents or have a line to the government just to make sure something they post does not have terrible implications for our soldiers on the ground.

posted on Apr, 7 2010 @ 03:53 AM
link   
All I can say people is look at that video over and over again....thats war! F**king disgusting isn't it. I don't know how any one can watch that video and think anything positive ...unless you have a screw loose in your head.

I'm so glad that I did not follow my family tradition and enter the RAF. I was going to become a pilot. Thank god I'm not in Iraq.

Just remember people that these conflicts are going to take DECADES to resolve. And , then you are going to get 250,000 UK and US soldiers coming back into society with untold amounts of damage to their beliefs and minds.

Even against your worst foe...is that what we really want to do to people. Makes it even worse in a fake war.

posted on Apr, 7 2010 @ 04:36 AM
link   
reply to post by galloways

Same with sky news now it seems.

Although it my opinion its by far not enough.

Air time is a must but sadly the news stations seem to disagree with me.

new topics

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join