It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Wikileaks Trying to Release Yet More U.S. Military Footage

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 6 2010 @ 04:52 PM
link   
Link in the OP at Spot.us has removed the article, or is having some technical difficulties. Heres what the link says:

Thank you for your patience, I'll look into the matter shortly. We've been notified about this issue and we'll take a look at it shortly.

spot.us... leaks-release-classified-u-s-military-footage-of-massive-civilian-deaths

posted on Apr, 6 2010 @ 04:58 PM
link   
reply to post by tristar

Its a good book. I own a copy.

(c) Self-development. Soldiers should become familiar with and study the following military publications: FM
21–20, FM 22–5, AR 670–1, FM 21–75, FM 21–11, and all-10 level maintenance manuals associated with their
equipment. The following is the suggested reading list: Art of War (Sun Tzu)

Department of the Army Pamphlet 600–25 "U.S. Army Noncommissioned
Officer Professional Development Guide"

I'm not trying to excuse what happened. I didn't say the US armed forces were the most feared. I was simply saying we have good training and all militaries have problems with friendly fire.

[edit on 6/4/10 by MikeboydUS]

posted on Apr, 6 2010 @ 05:13 PM
link   
well this is what you get when you sit behind a game console. you basically, think of the target as a image on a screen. and you do not connect that image as a life. since from birth you saw at least 100 fake murders on TV almost everyday. death on a TV monitor means not really dead. but in modern war fare that is a major fear of mine is we will have robot armies to kill humans with. so a few can wage a massive war. its all done through programming, sensors and stuff. Predator as an example its a fighter without a pilot. and I think we have achieved that level of surpremacy in power. and that would explain this NWO thingy. because us
humans will not agree with it, once everyone understands what the TV isnt telling them. so, if you dont have a human army - how are you going to enforce ... ? ... this NWO thingy. and now we are back to a day at work
in IRAQ find and kill enemy.

[edit on 6-4-2010 by Anti-Evil]

posted on Apr, 6 2010 @ 05:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by MikeboydUS
reply to post by tristar

Its a good book. I own a copy.

(c) Self-development. Soldiers should become familiar with and study the following military publications: FM
21–20, FM 22–5, AR 670–1, FM 21–75, FM 21–11, and all-10 level maintenance manuals associated with their
equipment. The following is the suggested reading list: Art of War (Sun Tzu)

Department of the Army Pamphlet 600–25 "U.S. Army Noncommissioned
Officer Professional Development Guide"

I'm not trying to excuse what happened. I didn't say the US armed forces were the most feared. I was simply saying we have good training and all militaries have problems with friendly fire.

[edit on 6/4/10 by MikeboydUS]

I understand and respect your views, it was you post that provoked my earlier response. No harm intended.

posted on Apr, 6 2010 @ 05:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by Anti-Evil
well this is what you get when you sit behind a game console. you basically, think of the target as a image on a screen. and you do not connect that image as a life. since from birth you saw at least 100 fake murders on TV almost everyday. death on a TV monitor means not really dead. but in modern war fare that is a major fear of mine is we will have robot armies to kill humans with. so a few can wage a massive war. its all done through programming, sensors and stuff. Predator as an example its a fighter without a pilot.

We already have robots that can kill and your right it is scary.

Imagine the same video had it been done by an autonomous robot.

I really fear the robots will be far worse than those gunship pilots.

The future:
[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/62630b1014ee.jpg[/atsimg]

posted on Apr, 6 2010 @ 05:23 PM
link   
reply to post by MikeboydUS

If you think that is fun..enjoy a field test

posted on Apr, 6 2010 @ 05:29 PM
link   

I didn't see any violations of rules of engagement here.

Much like the LEO's they become in civilian life - where nearly everything falls under the rules of engagement as long as the targets can be labeled enemy combatants/criminals regardless of what their current intent is or who they are when identified afterward.

Originally posted by freighttrain

- Do you see how military dehumanize these lost souls into believing they're doing something "good".

- If these acts were done in our current culture via it's rules/laws these soldiers would be considered serial killers and charged with first degree murder while the people/government charged with second degree murder!

That's really the problem here isn't it? We have well trained so called "good guys" here enjoying themselves while doing what they've been trained to do within the rules.

Yet, if one is able to look at it from an outside perspective - they are minions of pure evil slaughtering & maiming other human beings, because they've been trained to kill the "bad guys". I suggest somewhere in the rules is where the real evil lies.

This video is going to make many people hate us, because it is the truth.

Somehow we all have to learn not to hate. Maybe we can start by not hating these soldiers. Then we have to figure out ways to get out of these wars and quit fighting for these evil entities. Problem is half our population can't shake their brainwashing and they see us as the enemy for pointing out the truth.

In the van scene I saw the van as if it had a red cross painted on the side, the soldiers saw it as a getaway vehicle. Curious of what everyone else saw?

BTW - the video caused some problems with my internet connection which required a very rare reboot. Clearly there's some blocks & hooks associated with that media - at least between it & my connection.

[edit on 6-4-2010 by verylowfrequency]

posted on Apr, 6 2010 @ 05:34 PM
link   
CNN's article of the released Wikileak vid sickens me even more than the video itself.

They apply a 's**t happens in war time' approach and do not even quote any of the transcript.

If we were to ever wonder which MSM network is the key government mouth-piece, then this proves it is CNN as even some of the other networks that I expected spin from, were actually critical of the event.

[edit on 6-4-2010 by Skellon]

[edit on 6-4-2010 by Skellon]

posted on Apr, 6 2010 @ 05:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by JohnJasper
I found the April 5 video extremely disturbing but watched it through because only then could I properly form an opinion on it. These acts are being done in my name as well as every other American. I'm not proud of it and I worry that one day these videos could be of American's in the USA.

If Wikileaks release any more, I will watch those as well and add my voice to the thunderous call to cease and desist the aggression.

All you have to do to see it on American soil is to review the cases of the Branch Davidians in Waco Texas and of Ruby Ridge. It does not take a rocket scientist to see that they have been doing this on our soil for years.

posted on Apr, 6 2010 @ 05:54 PM
link   
This is one link I did not really want to post, but it has been around for a while. You can make suppositions as to the Afghanistan video that may be released, to the Iraq video, but that depends on the veracity of the commander in this link. I know people may be angry, but I am posting the link anyway, the time period is around the same.

www.dailymail.co.uk...

posted on Apr, 6 2010 @ 06:24 PM
link   
This sounds like a bargain for wikileaks. They can stay the way they are, or take it to the next level using donations.

I'm afraid that this "donations needed" topic is weird, as it is like a guy who shows a magic trick in front of people and then collects money in a hat promising bigger tricks.

This video is not the most horrible I've seen . Hanging around by the dozen carrying stuff that look like weapons ( the RPG was exaggerated, but i could have said AK-47 and be sure of it ) is not a perfect idea in an Iraqi city. I feel sorry for the poor guys who died but this is the tragic nonsens reality of war, we don't have to accept it but we have to move on anyway

posted on Apr, 6 2010 @ 06:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by MattMulder

Hanging around by the dozen carrying stuff that look like weapons ( the RPG was exaggerated, but i could have said AK-47 and be sure of it ) is not a perfect idea in an Iraqi city.

But it's Their city... surely they can carry what ever they want?

Stop making excuses.

posted on Apr, 6 2010 @ 06:36 PM
link   
reply to post by mr-lizard

Nope, RPGs are not allowed. I can't think of any middle eastern nation that allows people to waltz around with RPGs.

Carrying an RPG is basically automatic death. Even things like cell phones, binoculars, and night vision goggles can equal automatic death if they are at the wrong place at the wrong time.

posted on Apr, 6 2010 @ 06:42 PM
link   
Are you referring to the WikiLeaks video from April 5? Because it has been on CNN, Yahoo, BBC, FoxNews, HuffingtonPost, WashingtonPost and everywhere else in the world yesterday...

Mythtified

I'm not sure I am following this train of thought. Are you says the MSM has aired this video, in full, prime time ???? I suspect not. Reading about the incident has little emotional impact. Certainly we can watch it on line but that is a far cry from ABC,CBS,NBC & CNN showing the entire disgusting episode to the American viewing public. Would you agree that the MSM is actively engaged in downplaying this video ?

posted on Apr, 6 2010 @ 06:50 PM
link   
It's just another indicator that we've overstayed and need to let them rebuild. They have an oil economy and should have no problems funding it. Give them training and start them off for the rebuild and let them govern themselves.

Bring our troops home and spend some money re-integrating the soldiers back into society.

This won't happen because of the aforementioned oil economy that corporations here and abroad want to control. We tend to ruin everything we touch as an empire, rarely leaving it better than when we got there.

posted on Apr, 6 2010 @ 06:58 PM
link   

reply to post by mr-lizard

Nope, RPGs are not allowed. I can't think of any middle eastern nation that allows people to waltz around with RPGs.

Carrying an RPG is basically automatic death. Even things like cell phones, binoculars, and night vision goggles can equal automatic death if they are at the wrong place at the wrong time.

The spokesperson from Central Command said there was NO RPG!

The gunsight tracks two of the men, identified by WikiLeaks as the Reuters news staff, as the pilots wrongly identify their cameras as an AK-47 rifle and a grenade launcher.

Major Shawn Turner, a spokesman for US Central Command, said that an investigation into the incident shortly after it occurred found that US forces were not aware of the presence of the news staffers and thought they were engaging armed insurgents.

"We regret the loss of innocent life, but this incident was promptly investigated and there was never any attempt to cover up any aspect of this engagement," Major Turner said.

He conceded that during the engagement the helicopter crew mistook a camera for a rocket-propelled grenade launcher.

www.timesonline.co.uk...

So you're either spreading misinformation or are not telling the truth?

I don't care how you chose to spin this tragedy to do damage control on the behalf of your beloved corrupted military - I'm not buying your phony disinformation.

There are no excuses! - the people and children of the black van was slaughter and murder, period!

Over & out!

[edit on 6-4-2010 by Chevalerous]

posted on Apr, 6 2010 @ 06:59 PM
link   
I'll tell you that " When the British bombs something the Germans duck. When the Germans bomb something the British duck. And when the Americans bomb something, everybody ducks "

US airpower doesn't allow anything to walk, drive or even take a dump is it looks suspicious. In a warzone, being suspicious often leads to being dead

[edit on 6/4/10 by MattMulder]

posted on Apr, 6 2010 @ 07:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by bagari
reply to post by OverSword

You're exactly right. It's too easy for people here to sit safely in their comfy chairs and see part of a video with no context as to what happened prior to this, with lots of time to peruse the video trying to distinguish a gun from a camera. The pilots have to make split second decisions using the intel that they have while looking at a smaller screen than we are and trying to fly/navigate the area. War is hell. If you go into a war zone then you have willfully accepted this sort of risk.

Ummmm... have you seen and listened to the video? That wasn't war, that was murder. Almost everyone in that part of the world has a gun of some sort, you don't kill someone just cause he's carrying a gun. A cop would not kill a person just cause they have a gun, he'll call that person out and tell him to drop it and ask for documentation. Hell, they didn't even know if they were the guys shooting at troops earlier, they just saw that they were carrying weapons and shot them. Also if you saw the entire video you would see that no "split second decisions" had to be made. The Apaches were far away from were the alleged terrorists were. So far in fact, that when they shoot the first rounds you hear the rounds being fired and it takes a couple of seconds to see them hit. So far, that the alleged insurgents don't even hear the Apaches circling around they only realize they are being attacked when the rounds have already hit them.

Over in the aircraft forum everyone is always bragging about how technologically advanced the US military is but when something like this happens everyone is like "Oh well these pilots have to work with what they have, their screens are much smaller than ours." Bullcrap, whats it gonna be? Either we're the most precise and advanced military in the world or its all propaganda. Because this happens on a daily basis over there the difference is this time we got to see it. I could understand ground troops in a firefight killing insurgents even civilians, accidents do happen, but this was no accident it was deliberate.

Also, some people don't choose to go into war zones, they live in them. Wars are never fought in neutral grounds away from civilians and innocents. That should make the more moral of the two forces more responsible for their actions. It is what we pride ourselves in after all, no? Morality.

posted on Apr, 6 2010 @ 07:09 PM
link   
reply to post by Chevalerous

If there was no RPG, it was a serious mistake. It was not a violation of the ROE though, unless it can be proved that the pilots acted maliciously.

That should be investigated by CID and if there is any evidence to support a malicious intent, the pilots should be charged and court martialed.

posted on Apr, 6 2010 @ 07:34 PM
link   
reply to post by Rising Against

The last video was shown in TV3 and TV1 news in New Zealand but was not shown of any importance.. It was not the main headline, and made so that people wouldn't even notice civilians were intentionally targeted.. When I saw the news, it was not the same as watching it on ATS..

If it was shown of any importance then there would have at least been some discussions in regards, or at least made the attack look like the terror attack reporting, it was nothing a like..

If you see terror attack reporting it was way different, it catches attention, and it touches your emotions, this report had non.. And since it wasn't the main headline I suspect it will disappear..

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join