It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Will Obama announce a Mars mission April 15th?

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 15 2010 @ 02:31 PM
link   
The mere mentioning of going to Mars is ridiculous when the manned-moon missions has been scrapped and manned space mission have been severely cut back.

This is no more than a political stunt to boost his ratings. He has no intention of spending money that could be going to the fat and useless.

He duped the American once and he'll keep on doing it because the people just love to get duped on. Why else is he and his cronies in power?

posted on Apr, 15 2010 @ 03:19 PM
link   
Well the outcome wasn't what I was hoping for, but he did say he believed we would reach Mars in his lifetime.

Obama: Americans to Mars within his lifetime

President Barack Obama predicted Thursday his new space exploration plan would lead Americans beyond the moon and to Mars within his lifetime. "I expect to be around to see it," he declared.

Needless to say I am disappointed by the vaugeness of this response. No Mars any time soon. For now we will work on propulsion systems

-E-

posted on Apr, 15 2010 @ 03:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by Intelearthling
This is no more than a political stunt to boost his ratings. He has no intention of spending money that could be going to the fat and useless.

That's what pisses me off. "Sure, we'll go to Mars, as long as it's privately funded and I don't have to duff up any cash for it." Lame.

And we'll visit Mars "in his lifetime". Whhhhooooaaa, Barack. Easy, Biscuit. Don't go too far out on a limb with that prediction. How old is he? Of course we'll be on Mars before he dies; that could be 60+ years from now.

I can frickin' WALK there in that amount of time.

posted on Apr, 16 2010 @ 01:05 PM
link   
reply to post by MysterE

That's the interesting part: propulsion systems
ET Anti-gravity *ring ring*

posted on Apr, 16 2010 @ 04:11 PM
link   
reply to post by Cybernet

That was the first thing that popped into my mind!

-E-

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join