It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Undebunkable Ghostly Videos

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 7 2010 @ 02:28 PM
link   
I found the one at 6:52 fascinating, especially the way the camera pans in one direction at a time in perfect movements, and how the video tape itself / digital memory seems to be affected! That being said, it's all a bit "too perfect" for me.. especially the whispering at the end.

posted on Apr, 7 2010 @ 02:54 PM
link   
cool videos,..some of them might be hoaxes. But anyway,we all know ghosts exist anyway so cool footage
=- i got enough trouble of my own by ghosts in my house. gotto get up in the middle of the night and closing closets ect sometimes.

posted on Apr, 7 2010 @ 07:21 PM
link   
I'd say the rocking horse is better of the ones I've seen.. I actually had one of those as a child

Unfortunately, the OP video was pretty horrible, I didn't see a single thing that gave me any indication of paranormal activity of any kind - several were even rather funny that they were being passed off as such.

I personally lived in a 'haunted' house as a child, until my parents decided they had enough and moved on - the house no longer exists as after we moved out (1990 maybe?) the owners plowed it into the basement and built a large garage/shop in its place.

posted on Apr, 7 2010 @ 08:52 PM
link   
The first video posted by Rising Against I've seen many times on youtube before. Most of the video clips seem legit to me except the last one with the child I'm most positive have been debunked.

I don't see the "rocking horse" as a hoax. It seems pretty believeable to me that the horse was rocking on its own by a greater force. How could a fishing line attached to the horse probably from the bottom of the door be enough to rock the horse on its own? You need something as heavy as the toddler which had to be atleast 20 to 30 pounds.

Interesting thread

posted on Apr, 7 2010 @ 09:00 PM
link   
Greetings children,

It's time to have a look at how some of (and all of them if felt necessary) have already been debunked.

I'll give you this snippet and you can view the rest of his stuff and hopefully learn these things aren't real:

Check out Captain D for yourself and better yet...maybe eventually realise for yourself these things aren't healthy for the mind and certainly not good to share with others as real (not everyone is as mentally stable as you).

Remember kids "Love with your heart, use your head for everything else".

-m0r

posted on Apr, 7 2010 @ 10:32 PM
link   
reply to post by m0r1arty

I retract my post, watched a few more. Thanks m0r1arty.

[edit on 7-4-2010 by Ecidemon]

posted on Apr, 7 2010 @ 10:44 PM
link   
reply to post by Ecidemon

You are right and for that a star my good sir!

the video in question with the secret door is this one:

However the great thing about science, which runs off critical thinking, is that is is open to being reinterpreted and further scrutinised and when a better standard for that version of events is presented it revamps its theory.

Here's Captain D with the actual way of how it works. Please watch:

Remember kids...love with your heart and use your head for everything else!

-m0r

EDIT: Underscore in Youtube link didn't work first time round (silly double click select!)

[edit on 7/4/2010 by m0r1arty]

posted on Apr, 7 2010 @ 10:52 PM
link   
I watched the reply video to that and the guy has a good point. It could have been done either way.

Thanks again, m0r.

posted on Apr, 8 2010 @ 03:26 PM
link   

I watched the reply video as well and the guy does make a good point about the orbs. I don't see how there was enough space in the panty for another person to hide especially a small girl. There weren't even openings on the side for a person to go hide in.

posted on Apr, 8 2010 @ 10:55 PM
link   

Ah m0r1arty
good to see you. It's been a long time.

I personally, as stated before, am skeptical when it comes to almost any ghost vid (and UFO for that matter). But it doesn't mean, that sometimes, something comes along, that defies debunking efforts, and remains at the end, extraordinary.

The rocking horse vid, to me at least, is about the only one, I feel fits that 'extraordinary' category.

[edit on 8-4-2010 by mckyle]

posted on Apr, 8 2010 @ 11:33 PM
link   
reply to post by Rising Against

I think some of these ARE debunkable. The video you posted has a few good ones but then some are obviously fake (one has an Ebaumsworld tag at the bottom).

I believe in the paranormal, mainly because I've experienced it, but I have yet to decide whether the paranormal involves "ghosts" or spirits or even an after-life of any kind (it could be some other aspect of nature causes paranormal phenomenon). I'm quite skeptical of any video, especially on the internet but I have to admit even if these are hoaxed they are way better than the typical dust orb videos that people post.

I'm not going to post a video because honestly I've never seen a video of the paranormal that I thought was 100% irrefutable.

posted on Apr, 8 2010 @ 11:44 PM
link   
In the end the validity of the back ground story is what is most important. Everything can be faked, so we all understand that and that is why the actual story behind it is what makes it real or not. As in the rocking horse I rate that the best just because I put validity in how/why it was made and those here who have personal insight into it.

Other than that it can be debunkable as any other video I have seen.

[edit on 8-4-2010 by Xtrozero]

posted on Apr, 9 2010 @ 08:59 AM
link   

Yes but i chose that video on purpose because it showed a wide variety of different videos instead of simply one of them.

EDIT: Although don't get me wrong i'm not saying i believe that any of them are un-debunkable or anyhting like that.

[edit on 9-4-2010 by Rising Against]

posted on Apr, 9 2010 @ 10:39 AM
link   

Originally posted by Xtrozero
In the end the validity of the back ground story is what is most important. Everything can be faked, so we all understand that and that is why the actual story behind it is what makes it real or not. As in the rocking horse I rate that the best just because I put validity in how/why it was made and those here who have personal insight into it.

Other than that it can be debunkable as any other video I have seen.

Well said Xtrozero

I couldn't agree more.

At the end of the day, sometimes all we are left with is the background information of the individuals involved: their motivation; their belief system; their reputation; their demeanour, etc.

This of course is not scientific in the slightest, and this is where the trouble starts. However, I think to ignore such factors has the very real potential to hide some very extraordinary events.

I will post a thread soon on the Roman Leigionnaire Ghosts of York. There are things to this case, that make it truly compelling.

posted on Apr, 9 2010 @ 11:49 AM
link   
reply to post by Xtrozero

I agree and I’ve starred your post as well.

And yes having a background story on any video is one of the most important factors in providing a verdict in my opinion as it gives us an insight as to whether this person posting has previously attempted to post hoaxes before or if they have simply experienced activity and then decided to try and capture something etc.

But in regards to the rocking chair video I don’t know the member or have ever seen them before if I remember correctly so all i have to go on is others member’s comments about him.

Nonetheless it is a good video I have to admit but I don’t see it any anything more as all I have to go on is there video which IMO can (not is) be faked.

posted on Apr, 9 2010 @ 12:23 PM
link   
reply to post by mckyle

Hey McKyle,

I count you as one of my friends, which is no easy feat to achieve , so I'll enjoy explaining myself here -albeit briefly.

I'm guessing by the short time it is displayed as rocking as well as the fact that it is recorded is down to a local phenomenon which shows itself on a regular basis (ie. almost daily).

I'd ask if the home was near a rail road or some other determinable vibrationary force which could cause an amplitude of alternating factors upon the floorboards which could cause a similar reaction upon a potential rocking mechanism placed there.

I'm pretty sure you'll find it was/is.

Nice to see you around my neck of the wood too McKyle - I like your style but on this case think you are a little off due to personal involvement - which isn't a bad thing socially, but is scientifically.

-m0r

posted on Apr, 9 2010 @ 12:47 PM
link   

I know you posted a reply to Mckyle so I hope you don’t mind me coming in and giving my opinion.

Ok so firstly I should make it clear I disagree with this….

I'd ask if the home was near a rail road or some other determinable vibrationary force which could cause an amplitude of alternating factors upon the floorboards which could cause a similar reaction upon a potential rocking mechanism placed there.

It’s a nice idea and yes it can explain supposed paranormal activity but I disagree with the idea of it being directly involved wit this case especially a railway because of these moments in the video.....

Family leave at 0.38

Rocking chair movement at 02:15
No outside noise and no movement of camera leading up to rocking chair movement

Also a prolonged movement forward from the rocking chair from 02:16 – 02:18

Rapid movement with a backwards and forwards motion from the rocking chair begins at 02:18

Rapidly slowed at 02:22

Fully Stopped at 02:26

Small movement at 02:34

Sudden jolt forward at 02:36

…Into backwards and forwards motion again.

Sudden stop at 02:45

Movement begins once again at 02:56

Stopped at 03:04

Small movement from camera at 03:21

Continued smaller movements from the camera

End of video at 04:59

It could be what you say but I think that this is just too random and it really does seem like someone is on this rocking chair and then suddenly at times jumping off as the chair seem to start after a prolonged jolt forward and again at times just stop and other times stop much much slower.

Also Here is the video once again.....

[edit on 9-4-2010 by Rising Against]

posted on Apr, 9 2010 @ 12:59 PM
link   
reply to post by Rising Against

No probs RA, everyone is welcome, in fact I encourage it. The better we all know the better...well..we all know.

I live 2000 Km from Jakarta. I woke up at 5:15(ish) on the day of the recent 7.2 magnitude earthquake (never sure whether or not that's a capital E). Did I run online and call the end of the world or grab my camera because I felt a little shake that woke me up?

Nope.

I approached it rationally and checked my house for any immediate potential problems and then went back to sleep and read about it in the morning news.

When my upstairs balcony fridge fires up, as it does 4 times a day, do my downstairs wall frames rock back and forth as if guided by an unseen hand? Yes they do.

I do not believe that the dead, or otherwise, have physical input upon this world which we live in.

I still invite you to show me otherwise, in fact I welcome it.

-m0r

posted on Apr, 9 2010 @ 01:14 PM
link   

Well the paranormal has become one of the subjects (not just on ATS) that I’ve totally engrossed myself in, trying to learn as much about and find some truth in as much as I possibly can.

That includes trying to remain as sceptical as I can when looking at something supposedly paranormal and trying to find a rational explanation because in my experience so far most of the cases I’ve come across/Heard about can be explained away.

(That’s referring to real life not ATS)

But I agree with you in that when you came across those seemingly at first odd “experiences” that at first you decided to approach the situation in a calm manner and try and find out exactly what it was before claiming it to be something unexplainable…even paranormal.

Most people seem to be the complete opposite so kudos for that but in regards to this rocking chair video my current stance is that it’s not paranormal.

Although I have to admit watching the video and looking at the timing of the events it’s hard to find a rational explanation for what it could be.

And even though as of yet I really don’t believe it to be something like railway tracks for example I wouldn’t ever rule it out unless it’s confirmed that they are an impossibility because of them being too far away or whatever reason.

But IMHO if it was to be railway tracks causing that much of an interference with the rocking chair I would at least expect there to be some sort of interference with the camera or at least some background noise (also remember we did hear the family at times which would surely not be higher than a train powerful enough to cause rapid movement from a rocking chair)

posted on Apr, 9 2010 @ 01:48 PM
link   

Hi Mate

Good to see you.

The house was adjacent to a main highway going through the town - it was a route for heavy-trucks.

But in all honesty, I have discounted vibrational forces playing a part - simply because after observing the video adnauseum, one has to come to the conclusion that no other part of the room is subject to vibrational forces - comparable to that acting on the rocking horse.

Am I saying it's a ghost causing the rocking? No. I have no idea what a ghost is. But I can be confident enough to say that what we are witnessing is an extraordinary event, that - I am satisfied - defies conventional explanation.

And once again, let me say how great it is to see you mate. Our crossing paths has been long-overdue

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join