It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What 'abilities' do you believe the mind is capable [spiritually?]?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 6 2010 @ 02:14 PM
link   
reply to post by highlyoriginal

well a characteristic flaw of people who are emotionally sensitive is the need for companionship. Problem is that when you desire it so strongly you end up quickly jumping into a situation you probably should have thought about first...I know I have

it's tough...thing is I am not sure I am gifted so to speak...I think I just have a talent to read. In a way I think empathy CAN be explained by pure psychology without being mystical about it. There are even tests people can take to measure how easily they recognize emotion through pictures of faces and videos. I think recognition is a huge part of it...but then again...there are those unknown forces acting IMO...so am I gifted? I dunno...doubt it...but I think I have a few talents. That's why I am going for my masters in psychology... I love what I do and can read people so it's a good choice for me. Plus I love to help people.

But again just as I have talents I also have weaknesses too. That is one of the things that always bothered me about indigos, or starchildren or whatever...they have these talents right? But guess what? So does everyone else. The problem I always saw with people who "claim" to be an indigo or a starchild is that they want to be recognized for it in some grand way. Now it is true every human wants to be recognized to a degree. I am a very honest and open person. I know I fall into that zone sometimes but it's when it takes on this grand scale is where problems start.

sorry for that rant...

Anyway...point is I think the mind is so underated. I think the electrcity put out by the human body isn't just some byproduct and some people are very good at picking it up. I can read emotions well...problem is everyone else can read mine because I wear mine on my sleeve...ALOT

do you find any weaknesses being empathetic OP?

-Kyo

posted on Apr, 6 2010 @ 03:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by KyoZero
reply to post by highlyoriginal

well a characteristic flaw of people who are emotionally sensitive is the need for companionship. Problem is that when you desire it so strongly you end up quickly jumping into a situation you probably should have thought about first...I know I have

it's tough...thing is I am not sure I am gifted so to speak...I think I just have a talent to read. In a way I think empathy CAN be explained by pure psychology without being mystical about it. There are even tests people can take to measure how easily they recognize emotion through pictures of faces and videos. I think recognition is a huge part of it...but then again...there are those unknown forces acting IMO...so am I gifted? I dunno...doubt it...but I think I have a few talents. That's why I am going for my masters in psychology... I love what I do and can read people so it's a good choice for me. Plus I love to help people.

But again just as I have talents I also have weaknesses too. That is one of the things that always bothered me about indigos, or starchildren or whatever...they have these talents right? But guess what? So does everyone else. The problem I always saw with people who "claim" to be an indigo or a starchild is that they want to be recognized for it in some grand way. Now it is true every human wants to be recognized to a degree. I am a very honest and open person. I know I fall into that zone sometimes but it's when it takes on this grand scale is where problems start.

sorry for that rant...

Anyway...point is I think the mind is so underated. I think the electrcity put out by the human body isn't just some byproduct and some people are very good at picking it up. I can read emotions well...problem is everyone else can read mine because I wear mine on my sleeve...ALOT

do you find any weaknesses being empathetic OP?

-Kyo

Wow, everything you just said could basically be my story... I'm still thinking about going to school for psychology, my major was chemistry, but I had always wanted to help people and either go to med school and do the whole psychiatry thing, or take the shorter route and do the psychology thing... but yeah my weakness is I take on everyone else's problems/emotions and disregard my own, and end up depressed over the long haul. I have gotten better at handling these situations now, so this doesn't happen as often anymore, but it really screwed me up for a long time because I seriously just felt like I was a psychologist growing up from my teens on since everyone always came to me for help even though I was the one struggling with undiagnosed bipolar, OCD, and anxiety... now I have myself level headed so things are better, but I still have to watch out. I do tend to take on to people who are emotionally needy, hence the problems with my relationships with women more recently... none of them have lasted that long unfortunately. When I was younger things were much easier and seemed simpler, well I guess they were, now things are much different. So being able to sense peoples emotions I would say is purely psychological, but the way you are able to help those individuals may be extraordinary in some ways. It sounds like we both have a lot in common though... actually a crazy amount in common.

I love helping people I really do, but sometimes I wish someone would help me... or at least offer! I hate asking for help, but am always the one being asked to help others... but it's alright, maybe that's what I'm here for, to help others and that's that.

new topics

<< 1   >>

join