It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

iPad = iPhone for Old People

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 6 2010 @ 03:42 AM
link   
ok we had a regular house phone, and then we had to create one for the old people, then we had a regular iphone and now old folks started to catch up with the technology, but hard time to operate such small technology, and also hard to see... so comes the ipad for old folks.. it all makes sense now!

posted on Apr, 6 2010 @ 04:31 AM
link   
Okay, it's not a phone. It doesn't have a cell radio, only a data connection and wi fi radio. If anything, it's an oversized ipod touch. Also, iPad is a joke.

Posted Via ATS Mobile: m.abovetopsecret.com

posted on Apr, 6 2010 @ 06:15 AM
link   
This is just another one of the reasons I don't visit this site much

Lines

posted on Apr, 6 2010 @ 06:24 AM
link   
The iPad is like an IQ test.
If you bought one, you failed.

posted on Apr, 6 2010 @ 06:35 AM
link   
I'm curious to know who bought these things. They sold out, right? All the tech folks I know and work with think it's a joke since it's just a big iPod touch that doesn't offer anything new and all the non-techs I know either have no desire for one or don't even know it exists.

I really would t be surprised if most of the sales were to nursing home residents or some similar group of relative invalids. I be it would be really nice for a user with both limited needs and restricted ability. Like most of Apple's products.

I almost wanted one when I was expecting it to have USB or IEEE1394 ports or some other way to connect external devices thinking I could travel with it and have no need for a notebook or other computer. Then I read it doesn't have any ports at all and you still need to sync it with another computer. What the hell. Between the lack of external connectivity and still no flash support I'm better off with an iPod touch.

Look, I got an ipad that fits in my pocket for half the cost. I'm so cool.

Posted Via ATS Mobile: m.abovetopsecret.com

posted on Apr, 6 2010 @ 06:43 AM
link   
Here is by far the best review I've come across.

If I could get the cheapest model for 200€ and there was some outstanding app for reading (and storing and sorting) pdfs I could maybe buy one. A lot would of course depend on the quality of the screen too..

[edit on 6-4-2010 by rhinoceros]

posted on Apr, 6 2010 @ 08:13 AM
link   
we have laptops for portable computing, iphones for pocket size computing, and ipod for not paying cell phone fees, yet having pocket computer thingy... iPad just looks dumb, can you imagine sitting there, then pulling out a giant iphone out of your backpack.... half the time you will be made fun at for having a giant iphone and the other half it would be not as comfortable to use as a laptop... so what in the world is the purpose of the ipad exactly???
r
if its for reason, use your laptop, wifi laptop, play games laptop, laptops are by far easier to hold and use when out and about... ipad dumb idea... they should have used all those house and brains to improve the iPhone better and faster

posted on Apr, 6 2010 @ 08:18 AM
link   
If it can be "jailbroke" like the Iphone, giving it full functionality on a real OS and not Apples Itunes crap it would probably be a nice touch-screen laptop.

Until then it's just an Ipod Nano-Mega.

Personally I'm waiting for the IPad Nano with new Calling features- oh right...

[edit on 4/6/2010 by eNumbra]

posted on Apr, 6 2010 @ 08:28 AM
link   
so does iPad stand for incontinence pad???

The iPad will replace the old "the 486SX Intel's test of your gullibility" tagline...

Perhaps with "The iPad, how to catch drips in the 21st century"

[edit on 6/4/10 by thoughtsfull]

top topics

join