It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Report on Social Security delayed

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 6 2010 @ 03:19 AM
link   

Report on Social Security delayed

www.google.com

The official, who spoke on condition of anonymity before the formal announcement, said that the delay will allow the government to determine the impact of the massive overhaul of health care that President Barack Obama just signed into law.

Last year's report of the trustees for Social Security and Medicare, the government's two biggest benefit programs, said that the Social Security trust fund would be depleted by 2041 and the Medicare trust fund would be depleted by 2019.

The trustees warned that the financial pressures would begin much sooner when the programs begin paying out more
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Apr, 6 2010 @ 03:19 AM
link   
This is the year that Social Security taxes finally are less than SS payments because the Boomers are retiring and the income of the X and Y'ers isn't enough to pay for the Boomer retirement.

Oh, and all that money that the Boomers paid in for their Social Security, their retirement? Well, that was just whistled away in social spending and other government programs! Gone, get over it!

Obama is delaying the Social Security report for good reason! Where the HEY is he and Pelosi going to find the money to make the report look good?

Well he can start with his Congressional Budget Office (CBO) which is the official Obama department of budget stretching and estimates. Or just try lying and obfuscating. That usually works since the White House press club are all writing books about the great leader Obama so will do anything to get his favor and report whatever Obama says!

Whatever the "Report on Social Security" says when it comes out will be a whitewash!

What we will really experience as a nation in the next generation will not be pleasant for the X and Y's. They will have to struggle and balance more than we ever did because of the political excesses of recent years and especially Pelose/ Obama!

www.google.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Apr, 6 2010 @ 03:26 AM
link   
I wish I was not the only one who sees that the baby boomers are the real cause of the health care bill. They did not have the money to do it the way the system was setup. The old system was about keeping people alive no matter what the quality of life was. Now it has alot to do with the quality of life and it will be rationed mark my words.

And in reality this has another benefit they will be able to fund social security better because they will not live to see 90 years old. This is the simple truth when you strip all the crap away. It is called social engineering and it is a page right out of the progressive handbook. Also look back into history and you will see Hitler and Stalin using the same things.

posted on Apr, 6 2010 @ 03:34 AM
link   
Who cares?????????????? DOW TO 11,000!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

The US government is a joke.

posted on Apr, 6 2010 @ 03:48 AM
link   

Originally posted by Zosynspiracy
Who cares?????????????? DOW TO 11,000!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

The US government is a joke.

I care!! I like this thread please dont derail it by trolling. If you want to debate bring it on I love this issue. It is at the root of everything.

posted on Apr, 6 2010 @ 04:27 AM
link   
reply to post by Zosynspiracy

Zo, so you admit that the market no longer has anything to do with the US economy.

I will spell it out for everyone that does not get it yet.

The US economy, meaning the people that actually work here, have absolutely NOTHING to do with the US stock market. They have completely removed any semblance of interconnectivity to the economy.

For 7 straight quarters the unemployment has gone up. Did the market even REMOTELY reflect that?

Get a life and realize, they market DOES NOT CARE what happens in the US.

posted on Apr, 6 2010 @ 05:02 AM
link   
they don't want to come out and tell us that they've robbed the last of the money in the trust fund for some rich banker's christmas bonus, so social security's anticipated date of demise is now???

by the way, obama came onto the picture a little too late to say that he's the cause of it, or his healthcare bill. this is the result of quite a few decades of mismanagement, by both sides of the aisle.

used to be that wall street and stock investment had potential as long term investments, but now it's being used mostly for short term quick money, with big time players having the power to drive the stocks up or down as they see fit. it has no bearing anymore when it comes to the state of the country's economy, since these guys know how to make a killing no matter which way the economy goes.

posted on Apr, 6 2010 @ 05:59 AM
link   
reply to post by dawnstar

Obama Shatters Spending Record

Obama Defeats FDR (In Spending)

... and the stock market has always been this way. Who do you think is buying when you and everyone else is selling?

posted on Apr, 6 2010 @ 07:40 AM
link   
THE PONZI SCHEME OF SOCIAL SECURITY HAS COLLAPSED.

You are not the only one who sees what the HCR law is all about, Subjective Truth!
A NEW PONZI SCHEME TO SHORE UP THE OLD ONE!

My question is: How long until the new scheme collapses?

[edit on 6-4-2010 by butcherguy]

posted on Apr, 6 2010 @ 07:46 AM
link   
We new it was coming, I just did not expect it to come this fast. Was there any information on why the Federal Reserve (Inc) Board met yesterday?

Looks like we are in for a candy bar storm.....

-Kdial1

[edit on 6-4-2010 by kdial1]

posted on Apr, 6 2010 @ 01:50 PM
link   
reply to post by Subjective Truth

Obama is in a catch 22 situation right now. The prospect for SS are not looking good right now no matter how much lipstick you put on the pig so to speak. But if it looks like the HC bill has been the cause of the SS demise or is a contributing factor then public outrage may bring down Obama's signature HC bill by repeal.

The demise of SS was bound to happen sooner or later because it is a pyramid scheme with the older workers supported by a more numerous group of younger workers. But now that the SS reserve is already spent and the number of younger workers has deminished there just isn't money to pay what is owed the Boomer generation in their retirement.

The HC bill probably will not even pay for itself once it gets rolling. Like in Massachusetts the costs will go up catastrophically not decline as Obama loves to say again and again.

Medicare and Medicaid costs are out of control also with no end in sight.

So where is all this money going to come from?

BTW for all you Wall Street haters, the reason the markets are going up now is not because of greed or executive salaries or whatever, it's just that we have gotten a short reprieve from worrying that the Obama administration is going to end the American way of life as we know it. Obama will strike again soon with more legislation and the markets will fall again to around 10,000.

posted on Apr, 6 2010 @ 01:57 PM
link   
There is a simple, but unpopular-never-gonna-happen answer:

Re-evaluate defense spending, the wars, foreign aid packages, etc.

FYI - PDF fiscal year 2011 department budgets...

Links

[edit on 6-4-2010 by LadySkadi]

posted on Apr, 6 2010 @ 02:11 PM
link   
reply to post by LadySkadi

I like personal accounts for both retirement and medical managed by the government (better yet the prjivate sector). Part of what you earn goes into an account that essentially you are partially responsible to manage.

How about that should have been done 30 years ago so the Boomers would actually have retirement and medical now?

Wait, that was already proposed by lets see, that was Bush and McCain wasn't it? And Clinton campaigned on "Mend it Don't End It" which translated to "do nothing"!

posted on Apr, 8 2010 @ 05:07 AM
link   

Originally posted by plumranch
reply to post by Subjective Truth

BTW for all you Wall Street haters, the reason the markets are going up now is not because of greed or executive salaries or whatever, it's just that we have gotten a short reprieve from worrying that the Obama administration is going to end the American way of life as we know it. Obama will strike again soon with more legislation and the markets will fall again to around 10,000.

you sure the market isn't just going in whichever direction our fine gov't decides to throw the next billion toward?? either way, this is what the problem is...and has been...our fine govenrment, with all it's insanity, shouldn't have that much power to jerk the markets this way or that to begin with...

and.....I think that the fuel that is powering any life in those markets at the moment was provided via bailouts and "stimulus"......thus "obama's" great debt problem..
guess it would have been better for you all if he had renagged on Bush's bailout deals and said no to the stimulus and just let the whole mess hit rock bottom.
actually, that is the path I wish he would have taken....but, well, he decided to go in the direction that bush had laid out....
so, how big would the debt be without all the bailouts?? since, that was bush's baby, obama just came in to finalize the deal??

seems to me, that both parties are playing their perspective roles in the same play!

we need a third party.

posted on Apr, 8 2010 @ 06:24 AM
link   

Social Security trust fund would be depleted by 2041 and the Medicare trust fund would be depleted by 2019.

They have been robbing Social Security for years and now they want to raise Social Security taxes so they can rob some more.

top topics

join