It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Obama's New Nuclear Plan

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 6 2010 @ 12:19 AM
link   

Barack Obama is set to announce a new defence strategy that would reduce the circumstances in which the US would be prepared to use nuclear weapons.

It would rule out a nuclear response to attacks on the US involving biological, chemical or conventional weapons.

Nor would the US use nuclear arms on non-nuclear states that comply with the nuclear non-proliferation treaty.

Source

Thoughts?

posted on Apr, 6 2010 @ 01:28 AM
link   
reply to post by GorehoundLarry

They won't ever use nukes, because they would need to exist first......

Peace

posted on Apr, 6 2010 @ 01:41 AM
link   
reply to post by letthereaderunderstand

....what? Nukes don't exist? I think documented history would take issue with such statements?

Personally.. I don't see anything wrong with the move.. I mean, I wouldn't feel right calling my self a US Citizen if a country like Venezuela attacked us and we nuked em.

posted on Apr, 6 2010 @ 10:13 PM
link   
well the present system has worked for nearly 60 years or so...why does he think this is going to actually work...right now I would say it is not needed nor prudent.

we are not nor have any intention of nuking someone at the start... but I would like it to remain on the table as a last resort... bio and chemical would need to be seriously considered before I would take it off...

because what is this clown gonna do when sameone waltzes in and hands us our collective butts with a bio ... he is not going to do anything, even if he knew who actually did it...

posted on Apr, 6 2010 @ 10:27 PM
link   
Ongoing discussion...

Here:

www.abovetopsecret.com...

Thread closed.

new topics

top topics

join