It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Will we enter another great depression?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 5 2010 @ 10:58 PM
link   
Does anyone have any strong proof of a coming great depression between now and 2013? I have been wondering about that recently and nothing online seems to say yes, so I would just like to know if anyone has any proof if it will or will not occur.

posted on Apr, 5 2010 @ 11:15 PM
link   
bro
I cant speak for everyone here but
I am already living in a depression
and my meds are my proof

posted on Apr, 5 2010 @ 11:37 PM
link   
We are already in a depression. We are in the state where Hoover was at before FDR became president. The unemployment rate when everybody is counted is around 20+%. The propaganda campaign has just been extremely effective. Way better tactics than what was available when FDR was president.

posted on Apr, 5 2010 @ 11:43 PM
link   
Already there! If you're still working and able to pay your bills it's just a recession. if you one of the millions getting laid off at the rate of 500,000 a month then it's a depression.

It just has not hit critical mass yet. It will soon when enough are out of work and inflation goes through the roof it will make the great depression look like a Sunday picnic. Learn to be self sufficient and stock up on food and supplies and guns and ammo while you still can!

posted on Apr, 6 2010 @ 12:06 AM
link   
Yes, It seems to be our only guarantee. That the next 10 years are going to totally blow.
Thanks White House, your the greatest.

posted on Apr, 6 2010 @ 12:17 AM
link   
reply to post by Misoir

It seems like 22% underemployment is not enough for you to consider what we are in now a depression. Yes, GDP is going up. Its entirely due to the government!

If we take the GDP data and then subtract out that suicidal spending spree data by the US government, we can see the much better measure of the US economy and its projected growth as:
2008 $9.0 Trillion (actual)
2009 $8.2 Trillion (actual)
2010 $8.2 Trillion (projection)
2011 $8.2 Trillion (projection)

Source: blog.civilchallenger.com...

Note especially the last few words:
"The US is not in an economic recovery. The US is an economic suicide of historic proportions."

posted on Apr, 6 2010 @ 12:24 AM
link   
reply to post by Misoir

I suggest researching trend forecaster Gerald Celente. There are a few threads here on ATS about his work and economic predictions. There are many interviews featuring him on YouTube also. He created the Trend Research Institute (link)

posted on Apr, 6 2010 @ 12:47 AM
link   
reply to post by Misoir

I think I get what what you'd like to find out, but you're not going to get "strong proof" for something that hasn't happened yet! Statistically, the current scene may indeed be very similar to what happened in the 1930's.

But it's not rolling out the same way it did then. At that time, from what I understand, many, many people were playing the market at very low margins, and when the market crashed there was this huge rush for cash that no one could satisfy. There was no "social safety net" in place and not many ordinary people had credit, which is now widespread, so you saw considerable personal disasters in the form of "bread lines" mass migration from rural to urban areas, and people having to live on a lot less than they were used to.

Though the situation in the U.S. is quite bad, we have offloaded a lot of the extreme suffering to other countries and are covering it up in various other ways. There is no doubt that the planet continues to be under considerable pressure from small criminal groups that have a lot of control over massive financial resources. This has been researched and documented in the case of the wars and economic problems of the early 1900's, and it is quite possible to trace these influences forward to the present time. These criminals don't have to get their way, but they are making definite progress. It seems they are still intent on attempting to concentrate the suffering on populations that are less well-connected to the bulk of humanity, but as the internet has expanded this has become harder to do.

One insider believes that two areas in particular are being targeted: Iran and China. This data is from the recent "Anglo Saxon Mission" interview posted at Project Camelot.

It should be noted that the City of London has been financially involved with a wide variety of quite immoral operations over its history, including the slave trade, the opium trade, arms production, and general attempts to make drug-taking, war and sub-standard living conditions accepted aspects of everyday life. Their criminality has become quite pervasive. It will be a considerable challenge to reverse its ill-effects and its ultimate intended outcomes.

(Note: You should look up "City of London" if you are not sure what it refers to in this context.)

posted on Apr, 6 2010 @ 01:03 AM
link   
I think it depends on who you can trust, Bob Chapman and Max Keiser among others say when the american people 'wakes up' and see that their money is gone, chaos starts...

posted on Apr, 6 2010 @ 01:24 AM
link   
I believe you might just be ready for the truth, but be warned...they don't say it hurts for no reason.

Yeah, a little mellow-dramatic, but unfortunately quite true.

Great advice throughout. Might wanna also do YouTube searches for not only Gerald Celente(4), but also Peter Schiff(4), Jim Rogers(4), Dr. Francis Boyle(5), Max Keiser(5) and actually Dr. Ron Paul(5) is quite knowledgeable in this area as well.

There are a number of others like Alan Watt(5), Wayne Madsen(5), Dr. Robert Bowman(5), G. Edward Griffin(4), George Humphrey(4) and John Perkins (5) too.

Note: Numbers "(5)" indicate stars, and overall truthfulness and knowledge IMHO

That's a lot of studying
, but I'd have to recommend this link first:
Click Here, or this one - Click Here - (a little more on topic)...don't forget to take a break every now and then.

[edit on 6-4-2010 by lagnar]

posted on Apr, 6 2010 @ 01:26 AM
link   
Alright, I have defined what a depression is several times.

Let me say it again, a depression is a drop in GDP in four continuous quarters. Now, this is when the GDP was stringently a private thing.

Now that you have the government trying to dictate private industry, you have to make adjustments.

We had three straight quarters of GDP decline. The fourth quarter of 09 was manipulated by all the money dumped into the economy by the government. If you calculate the amount, it is above the decline. So yes, we are in a depression!

Now, if you want to do it by employment decline, we have been in a depression for over 6 quarters. A lot of people do not realize that the NSA and the CIA give the economic numbers. Yes, the Department of Labor Statistics have their own numbers, but where do they get their raw numbers?

posted on Apr, 6 2010 @ 01:41 AM
link   
They have made us fall into a slow economic death spiral. They know if it happens to fast the sheep will wake up so they are slowly easing us into it. The arrow has already pierced the heart we just dont now it yet. We will continue to fall until we are close to the bottom then the truth will set in.

new topics

top topics

join