It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

i thought i saw a ufo but it was a strange helicopter

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 5 2010 @ 10:31 PM
link   
just a few minutes ago i went to close my curtains and absolutely crapped myself I saw a bright white/purple lit up blob in the sky with a direct pin like light coming from it.... this is never the same as a normal helicopter color lol they are usually orange/white with a white search beam... has anyone seen these purple/white ones before???

posted on Apr, 5 2010 @ 10:32 PM
link   
reply to post by jumpingbeanz

all i saw was the ball of white/purply color before I made out it was a helicopter too, very silent too

posted on Apr, 5 2010 @ 10:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by jumpingbeanz
just a few minutes ago i went to close my curtains and absolutely crapped myself I saw a bright white/purple lit up blob in the sky with a direct pin like light coming from it.... this is never the same as a normal helicopter color lol they are usually orange/white with a white search beam... has anyone seen these purple/white ones before???

where did you see it?

2nd line o' mine

posted on Apr, 5 2010 @ 10:34 PM
link   
reply to post by IandEye

england stoke on trent

posted on Apr, 5 2010 @ 10:47 PM
link   

I should probably rush over to your house so we can investigate this together
I owe you a beer anyway

[edit on 5-4-2010 by baddmove]

posted on Apr, 5 2010 @ 10:52 PM
link   
reply to post by baddmove

haha lol mines a stella.

I'm not surprised some people report these colors as ufo's because it sure as hell looked like one until in maneuvered. what are they using now thats emitts a bright purple color, it was lit up like extremely large venus color

posted on Apr, 5 2010 @ 10:55 PM
link   

Only thing i can think of is ultra violet light (purple) but for what reason, i have no clue..unless you have a lot of hippies running around with tie die on causing trouble

posted on Apr, 5 2010 @ 11:00 PM
link   
reply to post by baddmove

lol

well they're cabin must have had a private disco in it and decided to have a green laser party, probably prince william again..............

posted on Apr, 5 2010 @ 11:06 PM
link   

See, we put our minds together and Walla! we have solved the case.

Great work Watson!..er ...Jumpingbeanz

[edit on 5-4-2010 by baddmove]

posted on Apr, 6 2010 @ 12:22 AM
link   
If it was a beam of light, like a search light, it may have been a high intensity halogen. Most new cars have halogens, and they emit a purplish hue.

And contrary to popular belief, helicopters can be quiet. Has to do with barometric pressure, and whether or not they're in a hurry to get somewhere.

posted on Apr, 6 2010 @ 12:28 AM
link   
reply to post by DeltaChaos

Yup. I've seen/heard some pretty quiet helicopters zipping around. Lights can also look pretty funny from a distance and a very high intensity beam sometimes can appear 'purpley'. The ones around here look like some sort of blue death beam. Had one shine in my backyard and thought WW3 or some sort of alien invasion was underway. I hugged my puppy and grabbed a shotgun.

posted on Apr, 6 2010 @ 01:16 AM
link   
Well cool, I was born in Stoke on Trent ..

Nice pubs

posted on Apr, 6 2010 @ 08:54 AM
link   

Originally posted by red_d
reply to post by DeltaChaos

Yup. I've seen/heard some pretty quiet helicopters zipping around. Lights can also look pretty funny from a distance and a very high intensity beam sometimes can appear 'purpley'. The ones around here look like some sort of blue death beam. Had one shine in my backyard and thought WW3 or some sort of alien invasion was underway. I hugged my puppy and grabbed a shotgun.

i am so glad i am not the only one who crapped themselves lol

virgom129

posted on 6-4-2010 at 01:16 AM Well cool, I was born in Stoke on Trent .. Nice pubs

there are hardly any pubs left lol

posted on Apr, 6 2010 @ 10:42 AM
link   
stella..........artois?

ive been seeing a lot of air traffic here in california lately, including silent helicopters, but nothing on that level.

grab a camera next time!

good thread though,
peace

posted on Apr, 6 2010 @ 02:24 PM
link   

Mystery and unknown helicopter sightings are nothing new. This is one of the few areas of ufology that does not get much research. Richard Dolan in his book "UFOs and the National Security State Vols 1 and 2" has many such cases reported from military bases in the USA.

Most of the mystery helicopters sighted were silent and did maneuvers that no ordinary helicopter could do.

I hope you find out more about what you saw.

posted on Apr, 7 2010 @ 04:00 AM
link   
Another reason why helicopters may be using search lights with a blueish hue is because blue light can make blood trails stand out better.

I don't know if this is the case, and someone would have to be bleeding pretty badly for them to be able to pick up a blood trail from elevation.

new topics

top topics

join