It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Thirty Days to Survive

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 6 2010 @ 09:29 PM
link   
The Ham/CB radio is a good idea...that and seeds...does anyone have advice about this, namely Ham radio. I'm curious what to look for and how it might be non-operational due to certain events which may occur. Does the Gov't monitor Ham or CB radio? Peace everyone.

posted on Apr, 13 2010 @ 04:24 PM
link   
30 days? Heck I keep bare minimum 3 months just in case I lose my job. To say nothing over my long term stuff.

Water is certainly something some people overlook. 1 gallon per person per day. Get a few 55 gallon food grade drums, fill em up and leave em. Also keep plenty of filters etc. around just in case.

The bare minimum I would keep for everything is 6 months. You never really know just how long you might be without. About the worst I think can happen in a realistic mindset is job loss, severe storm causing power outage or earthquake. Obviously other catastrophic stuff can happen, but I don't think they're as likely as the other 3, at least for my position in the country.

posted on Apr, 15 2010 @ 11:46 AM
link   

Originally posted by Northwarden
Ideally ...

- Deep underground with a lead barrier to prevent satellite penetration and in a low or non earethquake zone
- 18-24 months food minimum
- growth facilities that facilitate mushrooms, healthy herbs, proteins and high-potency plant life
- artificial heat and light from thermal sources under the earth, gravity-based technology that takes advantage of running water or tidal currents, ... what else ...
- airlocks to prevent nano-contamination and a lab to analyze any situation
- construction equipment to allow expansion, and an already tunneled location to store ore and waste
- a fully functional, exhaustive library regarding science
- consider pressure propulsionéundersea colonies that do not rely on surfacing
- air filtration systems, or an enclosed ecosystem that is self-supporting
- off-radar technology
- wine-beer-marajuana enough to keep psycological situations relaxed
- a meritous method of temporary rule that will help everyone and keep radical elements in scope ... not suggesting control, but a collective will of understanding over the situation, philosopher rule, a republic of rule-by-the-wisest
- rationing enforced, good suggestions always listened to
- counter-nanotechnology, data-base of current understanding
- no arguements over religion or race.
- talk about dwarves and elves for a year acceptable for a year or two

So that's how the molemen get started. . .

new topics

<< 1   >>

join