It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Karl Rove Forced Off Stage By Protesters

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 5 2010 @ 09:32 PM
link   

BEVERLY HILLS (CBS) -- About 100 fans came out to hear Karl Rove at the Saban Theatre in Beverly Hills Monday night to discuss his book "Courage and Consequences: My Life As a Conservative In The Fight," -- but the fight wasn't contained to his book.

Anti-war protesters came out, some rushing the stage, to call Rove a "war criminal" and worse.

The fans came to get their books signed, but they never got that chance.

Source

All I can say is: Good.

Mod Edit: External Source Tags – Please Review This Link.

Mod Note (This Appears On Every New Thread Page):
AboveTopSecret.com takes pride in making every post count. Please do not create minimal posts to start your new thread. If you feel inclined to make the board aware of news, current events, or important information from other sites; please post one or two paragraphs, a link to the entire story, AND your opinion, twist or take on the news item as a means to inspire discussion or collaborative research on your subject.

[edit on 5/4/2010 by Mirthful Me]

posted on Apr, 5 2010 @ 09:50 PM
link   
And my followup would be: Great!!

Karl Rove is a smug SOB. If I didn't hate his attitude and stupid ideas I would hate his face... oh wait I do...

posted on Apr, 5 2010 @ 10:00 PM
link   
I guess I'm gonna third the motion of saying this was a good thing! That's really all I can say about it

posted on Apr, 5 2010 @ 10:02 PM
link   

posted on Apr, 5 2010 @ 10:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by GorehoundLarry

I don't care for Karl Rove in any way. But behavior like that is not "good" nor something to be celebrated. It's fascist, immature and in no way a productive method of getting one's point across. I thought by now we'd shed the witchhunter mob mentality but apparently we haven't.

[edit on 5-4-2010 by traditionaldrummer]

posted on Apr, 5 2010 @ 10:04 PM
link   

posted on Apr, 5 2010 @ 10:08 PM
link   
If you really want the dirt on Karl Rove then watch the documentary Bush's Brain:

video.google.com...#

posted on Apr, 5 2010 @ 10:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by traditionaldrummer

Originally posted by GorehoundLarry

I don't care for Karl Rove in any way. But behavior like that is not "good" nor something to be celebrated. It's fascist, immature and in no way a productive method of getting one's point across. I thought by now we'd shed the witchhunter mob mentality but apparently we haven't.

[edit on 5-4-2010 by traditionaldrummer]

I couldn't have said it better myself. Acting like a bunch of crying infants is just plain dumb.

I hear Code Pink is good at acting like retards... I guess people who told me that were right.

posted on Apr, 5 2010 @ 10:10 PM
link   
The only negative thing about this is that Rove will now get way more publicity for his book then he ever would have.

So this probably just mean more money for Rove

posted on Apr, 5 2010 @ 10:14 PM
link   
reply to post by GorehoundLarry

Where you been? THis is old news. Code pink's collective stench scared him off the stage.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Apr, 5 2010 @ 10:15 PM
link   
absolutely love it, hehehehe

one of these days maybe he'll
get it

maybe he should take some of that money
Bush gave him and spend it on some
Blackwater security.

I dont like that SOB and there are millions
just like me

posted on Apr, 5 2010 @ 10:15 PM
link   
Thread opened...

Carry on...

[edit on 5/4/2010 by Mirthful Me]

posted on Apr, 5 2010 @ 11:14 PM
link   
Thanks OP and thanks Mirthful for rescinding thread closure.

Karma is a boomerang.

Video..............

I think Bush's pet name for Rove 'Turd Blossom' is fitting. Pwned by Pink!

He reminds me of Ned Beatty in "Deliverance."

[edit on 5-4-2010 by kinda kurious]

posted on Apr, 5 2010 @ 11:26 PM
link   

Karl Rove got a sour welcome in Beverly Hills when

Code Pink

protesters interrupted his book promotion tour.

trailblazersblog.dallasnews.com...

I LOVE Code Pink.

& Yes, I love Code Pink.

posted on Apr, 5 2010 @ 11:45 PM
link   
Psssst.... has anyone noticed.... were still there... and the Patriot Act has been renewed by the current administration.... Where is the outrage? Where are the news stories with the body bags and coffins?

Smells like the 3rd Bush Term to me.... what is the difference?

Oh yeah, Different people saying slightly different things but continuing the same policies?

posted on Apr, 5 2010 @ 11:53 PM
link   
reply to post by traditionaldrummer

I really do agree with you but then I wonder how do the people get to protest? The guy is a criminal pardoned later and somehow deserves respect from a nation that is upset at the regime that pardoned his actions? He gets to speak on media stations at will without any tough questions. How do the people get to question him?

posted on Apr, 5 2010 @ 11:53 PM
link   
Which news media are you getting this story from?

I heard a live interview with Jodie - - and it is hardly the story FOX is presenting.

I know its shocking - but FOX cut and edited this story.

posted on Apr, 6 2010 @ 07:22 AM
link   

Originally posted by infolurker
Psssst.... has anyone noticed.... were still there... and the Patriot Act has been renewed by the current administration.... Where is the outrage? Where are the news stories with the body bags and coffins?

Smells like the 3rd Bush Term to me.... what is the difference?

Oh yeah, Different people saying slightly different things but continuing the same policies?

Precisely, I have yet to see any Code Pinkers chain themselves to the WH fence under Obama's watch. More US troops are dying in Afghanistan under his watch than under the previous admin.

Acts like this simply serve to discredit their often misguided mission. It seems that they only care about Air Time and Press Time these days. Just a smidge of a double standard when it comes to the Progressive in Charge of Amerika. I think it is time for them to move beyond the Gomer Pyle "Citizens Arrest" Ploy because it just isn't going to happen for them.

posted on Apr, 6 2010 @ 08:03 AM
link   
I must clarify a few inaccuracies in your post.

Originally posted by jibeho
More US troops are dying in Afghanistan under his watch than under the previous admin.

When tallied, the Total US casualty rate under GWB EXCEEDS that of Obama Administration to date. Inasmuch as we have no crystal ball, we cannot predict future death toll. And while I agree the death toll rose sharply in 2009, Obama has just authorized troop increase to curb further increases.
Source

However, unlike Iraq, this was not a war of choice and I believe the President will make good on his promise to pull out of Iraq.

Obama came with a completely different doctrine that thankfully makes prolonging the occupation harder than just making up a new lame excuse. He has promised on the campaign trail to withdraw all combat troops by August 31st of this year bringing the total number of US troops down to less than 50,000. Obama has also announced repeatedly that he will abide by the binding bi-lateral agreement between the two governments that requires all the US troops and contractors to leave Iraq by the end of 2011 without leaving any military bases behind. Both these promises are time-based, and not linked to the conditions on the ground. In addition, President Obama announced last week his intention to call an end to Operation Iraqi Freedom by August 31st, and to start the new non-combat mission as of September 1st this. The new mission, renamed "Operation New Dawn", should end by December 31st 2011 with the last US soldier and contractor out of Iraq.

Source

I think it is time for them to move beyond the Gomer Pyle "Citizens Arrest" Ploy because it just isn't going to happen for them.

Uhhhhh except they were SUCCESSFUL in peacefully disrupting KR's limelight. The tiny group of neocons who showed up to get his scribble on their bird cage liner were foiled.

Nice work Code Pink.

BTW jibe, that's not fair. You know I have a soft spot for all things Fife.
Oh yea, Aunt Bea wants her casserole dish back.

[edit on 6-4-2010 by kinda kurious]

posted on Apr, 6 2010 @ 08:11 AM
link   
I just don't understand how people can think this way about people in
our govt. Especially about someone from the Bush administration. Karl
Rove ran bushes campaign even. If it wasn't for him who knows how many more terrorist acts would have been perpetrated on American
soil and my azz sucks butter milk.
I don't know how anyone can do that and be serious.
lmao

SnF for ya Larry I enjoyed that.

[edit on 6-4-2010 by randyvs]

top topics

<<   2 >>

join