It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

woods pisses me off

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 5 2010 @ 08:25 PM
link   
WOODS pisses me off.

Woke up concerned this was going to be a big alternative news day.

I was right....a big news day.

Grabbing the spotlight of the news was this sniffelling little puker only concerned about himself and how WE felt about him.

This media grab slapped me in the face and to be honest ruined the day.

The media cowtows to the stupid and the sheep who have not a clue to the real stories out there and somehow think the rest of the thinking public will ignoer whats going on.

OK FINE....Shuttle launch....wiileaks...provost marshalls...7.2 BAJA...Magnetosphere....

Prove us wrong TIGER....you are the story... the top story....the rest is just everyday relative bull#.

Please be our heroe...we need one badly

posted on Apr, 5 2010 @ 08:30 PM
link   
Just a thought - but go tell him - not us.

His FB Discussion Page

I agree with you, BTW.

posted on Apr, 5 2010 @ 08:44 PM
link   
gotta love the jerry springer msm,the masses need there usda prime spoon fed fecal matter. why is he even news? i mean i know why cause everyone is obsessive with others down falls.

its just funny to think as a society this is what we call news and being informed?:bnghd:

posted on Apr, 5 2010 @ 09:26 PM
link   
Agree with the sentiment of your post, and Mr. Woods in particular. I think "news" died pretty much with Walter Cronkite (or at least his leaving CBS).

There have been others along the way that carried the tradition, but it's gotten so smarmy and very transparent in the overt spin on every frickin' thing. You get a completely different spin from network to network.

You want to know a secret? I watch HLN while I look for the real news on the 'net. Why? Because as I drink my morning espresso, at least there is Robin Mead et al, and her morning perkiness to put a shine on what is spoonfed to the station.

Where do I find news? Dammit, that's the justification for my two hours online. It is never found in the same place. I am a hunter-gatherer of world tidbits, just like you and probably everyone else at ATS/BTS, and I never come home hungry.

..........."and THAT'S.... the way it is..." - Walter Cronkite, November 4, 1916 – July 17, 2009

posted on Apr, 5 2010 @ 09:38 PM
link   
wow....thats the way it is.

like it our not......thank you.....you are so right.....what gives me the right to question?

posted on Apr, 5 2010 @ 09:44 PM
link   
*****thread closed*****

always wanted to do this thanks mods and posters

GO TIGER, you are awesome

posted on Apr, 5 2010 @ 09:51 PM
link   
If Woods was a musician instead of a jock this would not only not be news but we'd probably cheer him on.

The story really isn't about his genital escapades or his comeback. It's about how jock culture fooled America into thinking a sleaze ball was a role model.

[edit on 5-4-2010 by traditionaldrummer]

posted on Apr, 5 2010 @ 09:55 PM
link   
Well Tiger's problems does give use some comic relief. With earthquakes in Haiti, the economy going pffft, etc., starts to depress us we can tune to Tiger and get a nice laugh. Seems to me that Tiger suffers from the typical "media person disease" which I have observed in other celebs. They love it when they can use their "celeb status" to get into clubs use normal folks can't get into. They love it when they get girls that you and me only dream about and they got those girls just because of their "celeb status". However they cry a river when they get caught and their face and sexual indiscretions are on the 6 o'clock, the 9 o'clock, the 10 o'clock news, etc.

posted on Apr, 5 2010 @ 10:07 PM
link   
reply to post by huntergatherer

You have every right to question. You might even have an obligation to do so.

I think it's a reflection of our own sour needs as members of audience demographics that dictates that the real news be supplanted with these fluff stories aka Tiger.

We want news to be news, we have to collectively stop watching the fluff, and we have to let them know we are not watching it. It's made-to-order entertainment, and just what we deserve for having let it get to this tawdry state.

of course, I've been painting with a broad brush; Not ALL news is fabricated. I think it's just the focus on the lesser important features of human hogwallowing that I object to.

posted on Apr, 6 2010 @ 07:21 AM
link   
As I said before when the Woods story broke out, it pre-empted four cops getting murdered...but don't get mad at Woods for this IMO...get mad at the American public because generally this is what they want to see

Heck Woods is getting more press than Jesse James and IMO Sandra Bullock is WAY better looking :-p

SCORE!

seriously...public interest...that is where you should direct your anger

-Kyo

posted on Apr, 6 2010 @ 11:09 AM
link   
Well, I can almost tell somebody's age when they respond to Tiger Woods tribulation.

Poor Tiger,he has been in the public spot light since he was on the Tonight show with Johnny Carson as a very small lad.

The public has followed him and the press adored him.

He was of mixed ethnicity,so that was a good thing in our multicultural society.

What many don't understand is there is two different "Tiger Woods".

One is the person,who we have found to not be, the nice,polite very gifted athlete,married to a attractive woman with children,but actually harbored and privately had,sexual fantasies he wished to explore and did.

The other is the corporation that is either directly employed by or indirectly dependent on the person to provide them with a income.

Thousands of individuals enjoy a good life on this one,very human individual.

That unfortunately is a fact of our society.

posted on Apr, 12 2010 @ 02:30 AM
link   
This is exactly why I don't watch the news on TV, read about it in the newspaper, buy trashy women's magazines. Nothing. I understand some people see it as entertainment in this dreary world, but the relevance an importance of any of of those crappy articles about what the latest celebrity is currently doing, annoys me so much

I also hate 'twitter' with a passion. What a stupid name for a social network site as well.

posted on Apr, 12 2010 @ 01:34 PM
link   
Woods ticks me off too!

Why can't I be paid millions to hit a little ball into a hole with a stick?
Why can't I bang scores of hit chicks?

Why can't I be...... less jealous?

Just figured I'd translate...

new topics

top topics

join