It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Death Toll Now Seven *25 Dead Now and 4 More Missing*

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 6 2010 @ 03:42 PM
link   
I am looking into this story to see if there is anything suspicious, and I've found some interesting things so far. I'm thinking that if this was a conspiracy, the green movement is set to benefit. More legislation on the coal industry. But I still don't have solid evidence of who was behind this, however I am convinced that this incident needs to be scrutinized and I will continue to do so and post any updates here

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Apr, 6 2010 @ 03:49 PM
link   
I just heard on the radio that they won't be able to get into the mine until tomorrow night due to toxic gasses.

Sadly, I think these people might be doomed.

posted on Apr, 6 2010 @ 04:00 PM
link   
reply to post by DaMod

ABC news is reporting that the rescue workers have to wait 24 hours. That is insane. How long does it take to transport a drill machine to the mine? Can anyone comment on if they also think this is highly suspicious?

posted on Apr, 6 2010 @ 06:18 PM
link   
There are now reports that the safety operator of the mine refused to install a legally mandated ventilation system that would have prevented this tragedy from occuring. This should now be classified negligent homicide or murder.

posted on Apr, 6 2010 @ 06:41 PM
link   
6 generations of my family were coal miners.
4 died in the mines. Most had blacklung.

I never would go into a coal mine I did my underground time as a hard rock gold miner..

Gold mines were a lot safer.

[edit on 6-4-2010 by ANNED]

posted on Apr, 6 2010 @ 07:14 PM
link   
news.yahoo.com...

drilling has just begun.

The digging could continue into mid wed. That is just horrible, anyone have a scientific explanation for why it takes so long?

[edit on 6-4-2010 by filosophia]

posted on Apr, 7 2010 @ 03:53 PM
link   
news.yahoo.com...

they are delaying the rescue even more due to a high level of methane, but the point was to drill to vent the methane, which was also delayed. What's with the delays??? Massey may be negligent, but the rescue operation is being just as negligent.

posted on Apr, 8 2010 @ 01:15 PM
link   
With the amount of citations given at this mine, it sounds like someone was camped out there issuing one every day! In fact more than one a day if we are to understand the 11/2 years time frame said to be at work here.

In a purely conspiratory investigative way this looks like it could be a set up. Considering the fall out that is now under way. This is being used to stir up the class struggle issue and even being used to smack the republicans around....not to mention the goal of nationalizing the mines some have. Something like this would be necessary to kick start this move.

Just look what they are doing to Toyota right now in a clear effort to promote government run GM.

Every last person going in and out of that mine, anyone having access to it over the last few weeks anyway, should be totaly investigated.

posted on Apr, 8 2010 @ 05:12 PM
link   
Wow. I just did some research on this Massey Power.

Their mines in WV have been the targets of protests about 15 times in the last year and several months leading up to this. A number of arrests.

Less than 2 months ago a group of activists attempted to make a citizens arrest on Blankenship and Blanchard.

Maybe a Cover Opp

It also looks like Massey Energy at WVA has been the number one targeted coal company in the US by radical environmentalist. And part of a larger international effort agaist coal. Even going after stock holders as Massey stock was very good....untill a few days ago.

Also, while Massey has had some contact with groups, as of Obamas taking office they have been dogged by these groups. Also this event happened just a few days after a large EPA ruling.

EPA end of last week ruling.

Tea Party has nothing on these folks in the area of direct action.

[edit on 8-4-2010 by Logarock]

posted on Apr, 9 2010 @ 03:37 PM
link   
There was an earthquake nearby the day before this mining accident.

www.foxnews.com...

This isn't the first link I've seen with it, this is just the first link that came up, sorry it's fox, but at least fox is reporting on it. The earthquake was a 3.4, but they have been known to release methane.

[edit on 9-4-2010 by filosophia]

posted on Apr, 10 2010 @ 07:24 AM
link   
reply to post by filosophia

No one quoted in this article believes that the two are connected. We would need methane data from all mines along that coal seam for this time frame.

It looks like this exsplosion took place at the end of a shift so whatever the methane levels they were able to work. Levels had been high however as they shut down the mine early friday due to ventilation issues.

posted on Apr, 10 2010 @ 08:11 AM
link   
The conditions were so rough after the blast that rescuers only late Friday realized that they had walked past the bodies of the four missing miners on the first day without seeing, a federal mine safety official said.
"There was so much smoke and the conditions were so dire with dust in the air that they apparently bypassed the bodies that were on the ground," said Kevin Stricklin, coal administrator for the federal Mine Safety and Health Administration.
news.yahoo.com...

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join