It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

UCAVs, Area Denial and 1,000,000 RPM guns

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 3 2004 @ 09:22 PM
link   
also,, the metalstorm gl launcher shoots a spy missile that has a cam....i saw it on the video..

[Edited on 3-6-2004 by wararts]

posted on Jun, 3 2004 @ 09:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by CookieMonster000
howw accurate would these things be....even if it fires a million rounds per second it still has to be accurate....its like a shotgun....it fires but then it spreads

Actually they dont spread. See a shotgun fires a "wad" of shot. The shot bounces around inside the barrel coming out the end at different angles. These guns are just as accurate as regular rifles or automatic weapons and in some cases even more accurate. See since there isn't a needle striking a charge to cause a detonation-there is no need fo a shell and because of all of this the ROF is pretty much limitless. These rounds are stacked inside the barrel and the charges are detonated by electronic current. In some instances, such as the handgun set on burst, the rounds can be fired so fast that all projectiles clear the barrel before the "kick" takes place.

posted on Jun, 3 2004 @ 09:40 PM
link   
yeah,,this will change everything,, welcome to the 21st century.
i also heard that metalstorm electronics were emp hardened.

[Edited on 3-6-2004 by wararts]

posted on Jun, 3 2004 @ 09:43 PM
link   
oh...oh well.....are they bazooka proof if no just use a bazooka......but it moves kinda slow so you would have plenty of time to move before it sets its sights on you....stay away from that thing....bullets that big and move so fast and tear your legs and arms off litterally....
thats what my hand became after i was signaling for the shot it fell off

posted on Jun, 3 2004 @ 10:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by wararts
yeah,,this will change everything,, welcome to the 21st century.
i also heard that metalstorm electronics were emp hardened.

21st century warfare should be interesting to say the least.

Originally posted by CookieMonster000
oh...oh well.....are they bazooka proof if no just use a bazooka......but it moves kinda slow so you would have plenty of time to move before it sets its sights on you....stay away from that thing....bullets that big and move so fast and tear your legs and arms off litterally....
thats what my hand became after i was signaling for the shot it fell off

LOL yeah they would pretty much just tear body parts off, as well as decimate the body cavity and all in all making swiss cheese out of people. Also the robot was designed as more of a mobile platform for their motor applications, or to take out slower moving targets such as tanks, other slow clunky targets or bunkered soldiers.

D

posted on Jun, 4 2004 @ 07:41 AM
link   
A newspaper here interviewed the founder of MetalStorm not too long ago. He's based in Queensland. It's pretty amazing stuff the videos you see. A lot of the US military guys wouldn't believe him at first. One even said "You can do a lot with computers today can't you?" after the watched some videos of his guns/grenade launchers in action.

posted on Jun, 4 2004 @ 12:53 PM
link   
Yeah, not a whole lot of people bought into at first, they aure as heck are paying attention now. Especially the US.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join