It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Lost and Forgotten War Skills?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 5 2010 @ 05:56 PM
link   
I'm not sure if this is the right forum to post this thread, if it belongs in Survival techniques can you move it please.

I grew up playing BBS. Baseball, Basketball, and Soccer.
I use to always be the small kid, but could out run almost anyone (except exceptional tall kids my age and the older kids. (Where I grew up, we ran every single day!!! Until saga and N64…. And then play station!) things put here to do just what they are doing, distracting us. BACK TO THE POINT

Being distracted as I am today with all this media, computers, my XBL

posted on Apr, 5 2010 @ 06:01 PM
link   
very sorry went to edit, and it qouted

[edit on 5-4-2010 by sv_gravity 800]

posted on Apr, 5 2010 @ 06:31 PM
link   
reply to post by sv_gravity 800

Feet aren't used so much to throw things, but rather kick.

There are many types of kicks which can be done!

Martial Arts has many types so kicks are different throughout the different types.

A person can throw twice as many knives/darts with there hands then with there feet. So foot throwing is not as efficient.

It is not always about strength, but about speed.

Like the crossbow and a bow and arrow. Bows are more effective cause reloading is faster, crossbows are stronger though.

The more thrown/shot the more chances of a kill shot or the more kills.

Kicking with the right technique could effectively beat someone using just hand techniques.

Hope I helped :]

edited for spelling

[edit on 5-4-2010 by Quickfix]

posted on Apr, 5 2010 @ 07:00 PM
link   
Don't know your location, but here in Wisconsin, we need to wear shoes nine months of the year.
I will keep my feet for kickin' (or running) and my fingers on the triggers.

Besides, isn't a blowgun just easier all around?

posted on Apr, 5 2010 @ 07:04 PM
link   

I'm talking about back in the day are you kidding me..

Your stoped by a man with a bow, you've got noting but a couple blow darts, a man with the right skill (which I CAN DO, so i'm sure my ansisters could do it MUCH better if they actually practiced, alot of people can use their feet very well and its probably because of our past)

anways, your stoped by a man with a bow you only have blowdarts, you drop one down behind your foot while he can't see, and then BAM, twice as fast as any throw guy gets dart to the cheast, neck, who knows how good you can get

i my self am can flick the pen pretty freaken fast for my first couple days doing this.

i'm 100 percent certain i'm my own beliefs people use to do this to fool their enemy. a LIL trick

posted on Apr, 5 2010 @ 09:12 PM
link   
Dude that is SICK! Maybe thats another reason the ninja used split toe shoes.
I can see it now- ninja with chain sickle in the hands, throwing darts with a foot at the same time.

posted on Apr, 5 2010 @ 09:24 PM
link   
I have a bum knee, and just hurt myself trying to throw a pencil with my foot.

posted on Apr, 5 2010 @ 09:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by alaskan
I have a bum knee, and just hurt myself trying to throw a pencil with my foot.

You think that is bad.

I just tried my Bic Pen, and hit the Misses just under her left arm, embedding the "Projectile", all the while slipping and dislocating my Hip.

I've Fallen, and can not get up!

Police are on route, and I am now likely going to face Weapons Dangerous, Careless Use, and Use of an Unregistered Weapon, along with Unsafe Storage Charges.

And That's just for the Pen.

Aggrievated Assault, upto Attempt will likely be added as well.

Then theres the Medical, and Legal Costs I am looking at.

The Wife is freaking, and I expect to loose everything to Lawyers.

This is the last time I listen to some freak with a foot fetish, suggest trying Agilitity Skills by Whipping Items like Throwing Darts with my Toes!!

Ciao

Shane

[edit on 5-4-2010 by Shane]

posted on Apr, 6 2010 @ 01:20 AM
link   
Well your enemy might be so freaked out that they run away, trying to figure out this type of warfare.....or come over with their spears, blowguns, swords and arrows and chop off your feet. Or they may be mercyful and think your army was retarted and leave you alone. Best chance would be to kick them in the balls and runnn.

posted on Apr, 6 2010 @ 03:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by DayKnightmare
Dude that is SICK! Maybe thats another reason the ninja used split toe shoes.
I can see it now- ninja with chain sickle in the hands, throwing darts with a foot at the same time.

Actually, what you are referring to are tabi, split toe socks,ninja's wore straw sandals in addition to the tabi, so holding something with their toes would have been a non option. The modern form of tabi with the rubber soles called Jika-tabi is a relatively modern invention created by Shojiro Ishibashi the founder of bridgestone tires.

They provide an excellent feel for the ground beneath your feet thus they are used by high girder construction workers as well as a host of other martial arts ( mine included
)

posted on Apr, 6 2010 @ 03:37 PM
link   
Something to keep in mind-if your feet are being used to 'throw'(and no, i dont buy for one second that you could be more accurate with your foot than your arm-played soccer and baseball all my life. No comparison), they cannot be used to flee or keep mobile-which, in my opinion, is far more important than trying to catch someone off guard by kicking a projectile at them.

posted on Apr, 6 2010 @ 11:20 PM
link   
One problem with using legs/feet to fight with, even though they are more powerful than your arms, you have to move more of your body to use them, and they are slower than your arms, so your enemy has more warning. In other words, it is more likely your enemy can see your legs coming, but if they don't, it's going to hurt more.

Still, I never thought of throwing stuff with your feet... I suppose if you practiced a lot, you could get pretty accurate, but unless there is something wrong with your arms, I can't see it being that useful.

It would be pretty sweet to hurl deadly shruikens with your feet though...

posted on Apr, 7 2010 @ 08:49 PM
link   
Well if you played soccer i'm sure you can try it and see its possible.

You've grown up kicking soccerballs.

I've done some more experiments.

Using your feet is very usefuly with a whip. You can use all sorts of kicks (kicking the whip in the right place) while your in the right position to throw them off gaurd (it works really well, Jack Chan has done it in a couple movies.

We didn 't always wear shoes, so i'm sure instead of growing up playing soccer, they grew up (the lucky ones) studying war/fighting/combat techniques. and in close hand combat your feet are very usefull.

I've also tried now throwing the pen with a round house kick (wprks very well)

top topics

join