It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

So much negative energy in the world anymore.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 5 2010 @ 05:13 PM
link   
I feel so much negative energy coming from so many people. I can feel people's desperation and lack of empathy. I have just moved so I dealt with so many different people and businesses. The more people or businesses I deal with the more I become disheartened and depressed.
The robot like lady at the electricity company doesn't care that their budget billing program is ripping me off. The foriegn lady at blockbuster.com does not care that I never signed up for their service. Everything is about money anymore and soceity has become so cold. It frightens me I feel like humans are devolving in a sense while some are evolving.
Is it just me have I wakened up to a reality that has always been there or is there really negative energy flowing due to recessions and diasters? I would like to hear about some ideas on what this all is.

posted on Apr, 5 2010 @ 05:27 PM
link   
Government is the root of the problem. It brings about laws that bring about problems of stress and lack of money earning.

Anarchy is the solution. Where one is free.

Just my 1 cent.

posted on Apr, 5 2010 @ 05:31 PM
link   
your judging peoples energy about how they are acting at a job during a recession...people are glad to be working and will do their job even if its pushing thumbtack through kittens toes.

I suggest you start looking for energy not at places of employment but rather at places of entertainment and lightheartedness...Earth is a neutral energy, not because everything is neutral, but because positive and negative tend to balance each other out...what you are doing is viewing the shadows and saying there is no light...almost as big a issue as people looking at light and saying there are no shadows.

posted on Apr, 5 2010 @ 05:31 PM
link   
Hmm..

Just moved? Was it to another city or the same general area?

Moving can be very stressful; and, sometimes it appears that people are more callous than they can be at their best.

If you harbor the positive attitude--show it! Lighten up and try to have a little fun with them.

posted on Apr, 5 2010 @ 05:36 PM
link   
reply to post by dreamseeker

Everything runs in cycles, there is an "ebb and flow" to all systems.

"Rota Fortunae"

A healthy self regulating system will always have a tendancy to return to Homeostasis.....

Hang in there Seeker.... Counter the weight of negativity... bring the scales back into balance.....

"People are strange, when you're a stranger"

[edit on 5-4-2010 by Anamnesis]

posted on Apr, 5 2010 @ 05:40 PM
link   
And what is History? Peaces and Cream? I don't think so...

History books clearly depict the story.

That our civilization has been suffocating in ignorance and violence for thousands of years.

Injustice is the main factor in the lives of our ancestors.

There were only brief moments of peace and tranquility, sort of the like Eye of a Hurricane.

War and murder are our most solid pattern. It has not been broken yet.

But today, wars are far less brutal than they were in the past. Humanity is slowly becoming more peaceful.

Although you may not see it, it is TRUE that we are advancing and WAR is becoming Obsolete. It is only a matter of time now, before the peoples of Earth will shake it off completely.

So keep your head up.

posted on Apr, 5 2010 @ 06:14 PM
link   
I feel it everywhere. I used to be a very postive person. I feel this negative enegry weighing me down, I feel the fear the tension in traffic, at the mall almost anywhere when I deal with people,
When I am by myself I feel at peace.
Maybe it is time we actually try to change things!
How?

posted on Apr, 5 2010 @ 06:30 PM
link   
I'm happiest out in nature.........AWAY from people and society.

I think people are so negative nowadays because they are finally waking up to the power structure that has had a grip on society and especially the US for 100+ years. This awakening is kind of like exercising. At first you feel miserable and you don't want to do it......but after a while and a little perserverance you feel amazing. That's how I feel. I'm currently reading a book called The Politics of Healing and the suppression of alternative cancer treatment. It's VERY liberating and makes me feel deep down that cancer is not this scary, hellish experience..............there are options and other alternatives and most importantly there are people out there shunning the big three (radiation, surgery, chemo) and curing themselves of cancer. I'm young but in my opinion cancer will be pretty much inevitable for a lot of us. I feel it's prudent to start preparing now for it and digesting and soaking up as much knowledge as possible.

I will say the internet with all it's drawbacks and nuances is an amazing tool and I'm so grateful to be living in this day and age where knowledge and information is only a key stroke away. Truly amazing! I can't believe the powers that be ever let the internet come to fruition. It's probably the single most important tool in overcome the tyranncy we will be faced with in the future. It really does bring us to another plane in many ways.

posted on Apr, 5 2010 @ 06:47 PM
link   
I really feel in the last 9 years the energy has changed. I can tell you before 9-11 it was more upbeat and postive. It feels more stressful and my life has actually not really been too different. The only main difference is see is although inflation is negative,(lol), prices have gone up it is harder for me to afford luxeries like cable and electricity.

posted on Apr, 5 2010 @ 06:59 PM
link   

LOL....it was more upbeat and positive because everyone in the world was living in a daydream with their rose colored glasses on. Overall you're a pretty lucky person to be using a computer. There are millions of people in this world that struggle to just reach the age of 30 without dying and acquiring the basic necessities to live. Some people, myself included are so myopic in their views...........i.e. the world does not revolve around Americans or the west. There are still people in this world that hunt wild game and live in huts. In fact there are days when I wish I was one of those people

posted on Apr, 5 2010 @ 07:10 PM
link   
it's all about to get very clear the closer we come to the depression of human kind.

its all going to change, i don't see the world going on like this for very long.

posted on Apr, 5 2010 @ 07:11 PM
link   
well that is true they are people that are worse off. They may not even know how bad off they are. I guess it is harder to have a lot then slowly start losing it.
I no longer have cable and have found I have more time to do more productive things. It would be harder for me to lose electricity but I guess I could adapt. The more you have in the begginning the harder it is to have less.
I am down to pretty much basics now and I am ok with it but many people are angry because they no longer can afford cable,cell phones or a new pair of shoes.
I think in the end I will be happier living a simpler life. I have decided that the two main things are shelter and food everything else is secondary. I can still have a quality of life because I still have nice things that I have paid for like a car that no one can take away.
I just need to stop talking to people who are so negative.
I realize this sounds way too idealistic.

[edit on 5-4-2010 by dreamseeker]

posted on Apr, 5 2010 @ 07:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by colloredbrothers
it's all about to get very clear the closer we come to the depression of human kind.

its all going to change, i don't see the world going on like this for very long.

I agree I can see the USA one day becoming like Africa where the poor have nothing and the rich have everything. The evil energy of people tned to suck out the good natured people.
Hopefully it will balance out somehow in the end?

posted on Apr, 5 2010 @ 07:44 PM
link   
It's as if "common courtesy" is no longer common. The younger people don't seem to have been taught it and the older people that should know better doesn't seem to be practicing it that often anymore.

posted on Apr, 5 2010 @ 08:02 PM
link   
Where did you move to? What sort of life style do you have? Who are the people you come in contact with?

I really think what you are feeling is the stress of trying to work through a recession/depression. Life's a little tough right now, but hang in there.

If you look at history, things have been tougher at other times...history is important if for bo other reason than to give us a sense of perspective. Imagine living through a Civil War, or an invasion, or an economic crash worse than what we are seeing, how about a world war.

All life is precious, and when we lose a service person in combat, it touches me, but imagine losing 60,000 in one month...how about 7,000 in 20 minutes... maybe taking 50% loses every bombing run.

We are dealing with economic hardships, but imagine a time with no unemployment, no food stamps, when half the houses in a state like Louisiana were repossessed in one day.

Imagine armies marching and conscripting your eldest sons, taking down your fences for cooking fires, and foraging every piece of food you have in one evening.

No...life is hard, but I suggest you count your blessings. Look within for strength, and where it falls short...you will need some spiritual guidance.

The reason I ask where you live and how has a lot to do sometimes with how people treat you. I live in a rural area,and life is hard... but it has always been hard and the people here are pretty reourceful... you may need a positive circle of friends.

You have strengths beyond belief, it is now time to inventory them and look ahead with a smile.

posted on Apr, 5 2010 @ 08:09 PM
link   

My grandfather was wealthy at the turn of the century. He lived an agrarian lifestyle. He did not miss not having electricity or TV. In fact it's only the last hundred years in our entire evolution that we have these modern (in)conveniences. We are programmed to be good consumers and mistakingly equate happiness with material possessions. Part of it is looking at what others have and coveting the lifestyle.

I sell cable tv. I do not watch tv although we have it. I could care less about the TV. I do however lover air conditioning and my internet.

Personally, i do not want more than I can carry in my truck and I am free to travel whenever I choose. I like the simple life.

I hear ya on the negativity. Twice within the last month I have heard from others in my immediate surroundings that altruism does not exist. I never said I was an altruist, but people seem to label me one, because i could care less about the more is better idea. They say that an altruist is not really an altruist, because they give with an intent of receiving. To which, I want to say, "Great, then why don't you become an altruist, since the lifestyle is so selfish and self-serving?

There seems to be a rift or schism dividing people at the moment, which almost gives credence to some of the ideas about making evil look good in the end times.

Realize that everyone suffers; and, that perception is everything. You can not be disappointed if you do not have expectations. It is just how you look at it.

St Vincent DePaul saw the face of God within the faces of the poor. One thing i noticed about selling cable; and, i insist on going to the poorest part of town, is that generally, the people are quick to laugh and easy to get along with in the ghetto.

new topics

top topics

join