It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Guardians of the Frss Republic letter posted in Nevada Appeal

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 5 2010 @ 04:36 PM
link   

Letter sent to Nevada Appeal on “Restore America Plan”

www.nevadaappeal.com

Dear Concerned Press at Nevada Appeal:

I am sure that you are all dedicated to reporting your local news with absolute honesty and that you endeavor to inform your readers of the truth of what is happening in the world around them. Assuming this is true, I feel it necessary to give you some more information about what is really happening with your state capitol.

Please understand that the title of the article, "Capitol locked down in wake of threats" is inaccurate in precise representation of the truth. It is true that the capitol was locked down because of "letters" sent to
(visit the link for the full news article)

edit on Headline to correctly match storys headline
[edit on 5-4-2010 by SWCCFAN]

posted on Apr, 5 2010 @ 04:36 PM
link   
I am starting to wonder when the mainstream media will pick up on this. I whoud have to say its a good sign that this is being published. However the comments posted on the sources website regarding this article are somewhat depressing.

Any Thoughts?

( on a side note this is my first post )

www.nevadaappeal.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

*edit for spelling on both post

posted on Apr, 5 2010 @ 04:51 PM
link   
Don't be so hard on people responding in the comments sections. Keep in mind, many of them have never heard about any of this prior to the headline they saw about the Capitol building being locked down.

Further, in every MSM site that did run an article, the first paragraph introduced them as another domestic extremist terrorist group -- so of course people are concerned and think they're nuts -- the media said they were!

But, you also need to be more realistic.

For people that have never heard of this before and have no idea what they're talking about -- hell, most of them probably don't even know there's any political unrest -- to read about a group of 1200 people or so that are going to march in, demand the resignation of elected officials, and then takeover the country -- but somehow manage to get everyone's social security check to them on time -- does, possibly, sound a little over zealous.

I agree with some of what this group says. But then there are other areas, such as demolishing the court system and implementing their own, maintaining social security, etc., that are pretty far-fetched.

Let's face it, one can not walk into the Oval Office and begin writing checks on behalf of a new "de jure" United States. There are many logistical problems that really need to be better thought out. There are more than 50 million people in this country receiving government money, they will not be happy if their check does not arrive and I see nothing that takes care of them in this proposal.

posted on Apr, 5 2010 @ 05:02 PM
link   

posted on Apr, 5 2010 @ 05:05 PM
link   
somebody's gona have to explain this one to me

posted on Apr, 5 2010 @ 05:13 PM
link   
reply to post by indigothefish

To understand what this is and means is going to be very hard for most since most are products of their enviroment. The first step in understanding what is going on is to visit: www.guardiansofthefreerepublics.com...

Then read everything else on the site.

Then You can read on this thread it has the text that was sent to all 50 Governors.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

I hope that sheads some light on this extreemly importiant issue.

posted on Apr, 5 2010 @ 05:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by SWCCFAN
However the comments posted on the sources website regarding this article are somewhat depressing.

Any Thoughts?

you of all people should know that blogs, articles, postings
of any sort against the extablishment are gonna get
the gov trolls started. It's done here on ATS, why would it
not be done other places as well.

But it is good to see the story in print

posted on Apr, 5 2010 @ 06:34 PM
link   
The problem that I have with the letter is that the interpretational disagreement that the organization has with the federal government regarding the founding documents is not truly addressed.

The group says that the "grand jury" they created is lawful and binding. This is highly in dispute, and the courts will rule against the group if it is taken to them. They can believe whatever they wish about their "rights" but if nobody will listen to them, it's all for naught.

I interviewed someone claiming to be a member of the Guardians today, and tomorrow I am meeting with a law professor specializing in the United States Constitution in order to hash out the validity of the arguments.

I am very pleased to see that the group has declared their intent to use nonviolent means in the letter, and this was also said today by my contact, but legal means are only as good as the binding interpretation, and I think the Guardians are seriously lacking in that department.

posted on Apr, 5 2010 @ 06:56 PM
link   
reply to post by SWCCFAN

It is the Guardians' intent that this be kept low key. I was listening to one of their meetings published online and in it they were talking about this. Their thinking is that it will much easier for the governors to comply with their legal demands if indeed there is not a media frenzy about it.

All is going according to plan...

Edit to insert the word "legal".

[edit on 5/4/2010 by Iamonlyhuman]

new topics

top topics

join