It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

So you think Obama cares about the military murdering civilians(wikileaks related)

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 5 2010 @ 04:22 PM
link   
At one time I was a supporter of Barack Obama, even voted for him. I guess I thought that we had finally found a man who would do the right thing no matter what the political cost. Sadly I was proven wrong over and over again on everything from the bailouts to no public option on healthcare. All of that is well and good but nothing made me sicker than his continued malicious use of the predator drone program detailed here:

www.newyorker.com...

I'm posting from a mobile so let me paraphrase a little for you. Obama authorized more drone strikes in the first 9 1/2 months of his presidency than Bush did in the last 3 years. He signed off on 41 CIA drone strikes in Pakistan since taking office, an average of about 1 a week. The CIA has killed between 326-538 people with drone strikes in Pakistan many of them women and children.

So all of you that think this latest wikileak video is going to bother Obama don't hold your breath. He is well aware of such actions and is in fact signing off on murders daily at a rate that makes Bush and Cheney envious. It is also well known now that we are debating giving Pakistan their own drones.

www.Reuters.com...

[edit on 5-4-2010 by ISHAMAGI]

posted on Apr, 5 2010 @ 04:29 PM
link   
reply to post by ISHAMAGI

All the democrats need to see there is not difference between Bush and Obama. They put a black man in that would inspire change on purpose to gather all the willing sheep together and further divide us. They are on the same team and working towards the same common goals.

3 years ago war was bad now it is alright WHY? You need to ask yourself this. Also 3 years ago the Patriot act was bad now it is needed WHY? You need to ask yourself this. Stop being a fool and see the truth it is right in front of your face.

posted on Apr, 5 2010 @ 04:33 PM
link   
Exactly this newyorker article details what you just said there is no diffrence between parties they are passing the same adgenda while the sheeple
sleep. I have given up all party affiliation and I urge others to do the same.

posted on Apr, 6 2010 @ 08:34 PM
link   
Gotta bump this and try an get a little discussion going on the link. People this article is an eye opener on our current war policy.

posted on Apr, 7 2010 @ 11:37 AM
link   
911 and Bush put the soldiers on the ground and in the air.
Obama will bring them back when the war backers grow weary.

posted on Apr, 7 2010 @ 12:12 PM
link   
I knew he would be more of the same but voted for him anyway. At least he does not offend the intelligence of free thinkers and say he is going after Bin Ladin (the dead guy).

posted on Apr, 7 2010 @ 12:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by ISHAMAGI
Obama authorized more drone strikes in the first 9 1/2 months of his presidency than Bush did in the last 3 years.

Good for him! He inherited this conflict from Bush and has to keep a lid on it so that the region is not completely lost to American interests. I wish to God it all didn't happen, but Obama is pursuing one of relatively few options that he has.

So all of you that think this latest wikileak video is going to bother Obama don't hold your breath. He is well aware of such actions

Seriously, are you that naive? Of course any ranking commander must know about cases of friendly fire, which do occur all the time. The only difference is that many others aren't televized (some of them are). There is no difference between the death of Pat Tillman and that tragic shooting of a reporter.

posted on Apr, 7 2010 @ 03:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by buddhasystem

Originally posted by ISHAMAGI
Obama authorized more drone strikes in the first 9 1/2 months of his presidency than Bush did in the last 3 years.

Good for him! He inherited this conflict from Bush and has to keep a lid on it so that the region is not completely lost to American interests. I wish to God it all didn't happen, but Obama is pursuing one of relatively few options that he has.

American interests? Do you mean building the oil pipline? Or drug smuggling? Or just plain good old war profiteering? That's not American interests that's the corporate interest.
Lets not forget Obama promised to bring the troops home and end this illegal and immoral war not escalate it !
When Bush was using drones there was all sorts of upheaval but Obama can use them and be suported in his efforts by the same Democrats that decry Bush. Its total hippocracy and sickening.
Obama has done some good stuff on the homefront, yes but defending him here and still calling liberal...ha

[edit on 7-4-2010 by ISHAMAGI]

top topics

join