It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Jordanian paper's April Fool's UFOs spark panic

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 5 2010 @ 04:06 PM
link   

Jordanian paper's April Fool's UFOs spark panic

www.google.com

AMMAN, Jordan — A Jordanian newspaper's April Fool's Day report chronicling a late-night visit by 10-foot-tall aliens in flying saucers sparked public panic and almost led to the town's emergency evacuation, officials said Monday.

The Al Ghad newspaper published a front-page article April 1 about the fake UFO landing near the desert town of Jafr, some 185 miles (300 kilometers) from the capital, Amman. The report said the UFOs lit up the whole town, interrupted communications and sent fearful r
(visit the link for the full news article)

Related AboveTopSecret.com Discussion Threads:
The Most Plausible Scenario for which BlueBeam is enacted

posted on Apr, 5 2010 @ 04:06 PM
link   
These people of Jafr were scared out of their wits. The mayor almost evacuates the town.
This is the 21st century...
I don't pretend to know if aliens are real or not in the grand scheme of things, but this smells like PSYOP. The publishers, I'm SURE, were aware of the War of the Worlds radio "debacle" (or successful intel operation) from the 1930s. People freaked out then. What made them think it would be any different today?

www.google.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Apr, 5 2010 @ 04:42 PM
link   
this is the main reason disclosure will never occur in our lifetime.

sure most of us here at ATS could handle the news and say something along the lines of "about time!" but a majority of the world would just freak out.

imagine what happened there, but with about 6 billion more people scared and panicking.

only way it could really freak me out is if they started blowing things up, and lets face it, if that was there intent, it would have happened by now (assuming there really are ufo's and all that)

posted on Apr, 5 2010 @ 04:57 PM
link   
most people in the town of jafr are muslims, obviously not devout muslims to have been scared by aliens in such a way... the quran teaches that there are other life forms in the universe, but it also warns of demons who will pretend to be aliens... either way they are not prepared...

i think this was more than an aprils fools joke, it was more of a test to see their reaction to such situation... the elites are probably happy with the results

posted on Apr, 5 2010 @ 05:30 PM
link   
reply to post by jcrash

Jcrash.....

The tall aliens are reptilians.

I think the story is disinfo to cover up a real event.

This is typical of the manner in which ATS covers up reptilian info, by using disinfo agents to debunk important reptilian information.

Kind regards
Maybe...maybe not

posted on Apr, 5 2010 @ 09:45 PM
link   
reply to post by jcrash

just another case for non-disclosure

those jordanians probably thought the jewish messiah was finally making good his threat

posted on Apr, 5 2010 @ 09:50 PM
link   
I heard on the radio that the local mayor may sue the newspaper. Can you sue somebody else because you're a gullible fool?
As if, in a case where aliens really had hovered over your town, knocking out communications & causing people to run around in fear, the 1st you'd hear about it would be in a newspaper! TFHs back in the cupboard my friends...

posted on Apr, 5 2010 @ 10:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by Maybe...maybe not
reply to post by jcrash

Jcrash.....

The tall aliens are reptilians.

I think the story is disinfo to cover up a real event.

This is typical of the manner in which ATS covers up reptilian info, by using disinfo agents to debunk important reptilian information.

Kind regards
Maybe...maybe not

This has gotta be a joke of some sort, right? People can't even agree the damn things happen and yet we know for certain "the tall aliens" are the reptilians? LOL

Jesus this just makes me wanna cry.

David Icke, wherever you are, you're a bad bad man.

posted on Apr, 5 2010 @ 10:45 PM
link   
reply to post by jcrash

This is not the way any Editor should act but how funny is this

Jafr's mayor, Mohammed Mleihan, got caught up in the paper's prank and said he sent security authorities in search of the aliens.
"Students didn't go to school, their parents were frightened and I almost evacuated the town's 13,000 residents," Mleihan told The Associated Press. "People were scared that aliens would attack them."

After this was over and these people calmed down
, what a buzz they would of had thinking for sometime that Aliens had really Landed
what adrenalin rush and if there was anything looking odd the "security authorities" would of shot it dead

Let that be a lesson to ya Mr Alien never land in Jafr, ever.

Zelong.

[edit on 5/4/10 by Zelong]

posted on Apr, 5 2010 @ 10:51 PM
link   
I might actually have a great time watching people panic in this kind of situation. As I saw the panicked neighbors it would be time to grab some beers and a lawn chair and watch the show unfold. Not that I enjoy seeing people panic, but fear is only held in beliefs and mind. I cannot fault anyone for fearing certain things, but some things like aliens really are a state of mind.

posted on Apr, 5 2010 @ 10:53 PM
link   
a pity, all governments will have received this test results in a memo, and confirm that they are doing a good job of not disclosing anything....

posted on Apr, 5 2010 @ 11:31 PM
link   
I think the 'withheld disclosure' business is almost as funny as the OP story..

My observation is this:

* These aliens are only seen by people with camera phones and who don't know how to use their videos.

* They aren't motivated or smart enough to simply flop down in the middle of Central Park at lunchtime before a huge audience.

* Their effects on us are.. so miniscule that they are irrelevant, or easily explained by alternate reasoning. Eg "That's not a reptilian, it's a bad dude motivated by the profits of globalisation/corporate greed/insert favorite.."

.. anything else?

I mean, the alien visitation theory must entail they've flown here across the emptiness of space, implying they have access to energy/technology way beyond our capabilities. There are way more useful and accessible resources along the way, inc. minerals, energy, etc.

And we are a threat only to ourselves for the foreseeable future, so it's not like they need to wipe us out for any reason..

So.......

Aliens, I'm callin' youse out. You got nuthin'.

posted on Apr, 6 2010 @ 01:35 AM
link   

Originally posted by CHRLZ
* Their effects on us are.. so miniscule that they are irrelevant, or easily explained by alternate reasoning. Eg "That's not a reptilian, it's a bad dude motivated by the profits of globalisation/corporate greed/insert favorite.."

CHRLZ.....

So when that "bad dude" shapeshifts back into a reptilian & rips your arm off, who'll be laughing then?

Did you hear me.....?

WHO'LL BE LAUGHING THEN!

posted on Apr, 6 2010 @ 02:03 AM
link   
reply to post by Maybe...maybe not

The king baby. The king. LOL

Nice one MMN! =)

posted on Apr, 6 2010 @ 02:41 AM
link   

Originally posted by Maybe...maybe not

Originally posted by CHRLZ

CHRLZ.....

So when that "bad dude" shapeshifts back into a reptilian & rips your arm off, who'll be laughing then?

Did you hear me.....?

WHO'LL BE LAUGHING THEN!

You can rub it in ..on the day that it happens.

Until then...

My turn.

posted on Apr, 6 2010 @ 03:30 AM
link   
reply to post by jcrash

Dear jcrash

An interesting point here is that back in around 1975 in the UK on the BBC they played what looked to be a documentary in a usual documentary spot called Alternative 3.

Look it up I think it must have been posted many times.

Anyway the UK all tried to phone the BBC at once and the next day the papers where full of it. It was played in June or July but according to the BBC was scheduled originally for the 1st of April.

One point is they did not dare show it in the USA.

The other is look up what the author says about it.

posted on Apr, 6 2010 @ 03:41 AM
link   
Sounds like the only one really panicking here was this tool of a mayor. Fact is, according to this article, we have only this one guys word about how the populace truly reacted. Seriously, April 1st, you telling me no one considered that this might be a prank? Doubtful.

Now, donning my tin foil cap here, this sounds like an attempt to reinforce the Brookings report mentality by those in control of sensationalized media for fear of the control they would lose in the face of disclosure. Lord knows in this day and age, just because the media writes it doesn't make it truth.

--edited poor text prediction.

[edit on 6-4-2010 by dethduck]

posted on Apr, 6 2010 @ 03:52 AM
link   

Originally posted by Alaskan Man
this is the main reason disclosure will never occur in our lifetime.

Just shows all the we are ready people, that humans are not.

posted on Apr, 6 2010 @ 10:15 AM
link   
Great work that newspaper...Now the aliens know where to land,when(april1st)and how people will react!

Great work.

posted on Apr, 16 2010 @ 09:09 PM
link   
I found this so funny, that I just had to share. Reminds me how dumb the Americans were when, Orson Welles did his famous "War Of The Worlds" radio play (October 30, 1938), & there was pandamonium.
en.wikipedia.org...(radio)

top topics

<<   2 >>

join