It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Obama’s Facebook page omits Michelle’s “home country of Kenya” remark

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 5 2010 @ 03:22 PM
link   
Why would they change(lie about) the transcript?

Answer;THEY ARE LIARS!!!!!!!!!!

The video, unearthed earlier today and rapidly distributed across the internet, is below. Obama’s Facebook page contains the following transcript of Michelle Obama’s speech that day: He has supported full funding for the Ryan White CARE Act and has pledged to implement a national HIV/AIDS strategy to combat the continuing epidemic in the United States. He has also spoken out against the stigma surrounding HIV testing, a stigma tied all too often to homophobia. And he’s led by example: On our trip to Kenya, we both took a public HIV test. The Facebook transcript is taken from the full article published in “The Advocate,” a gay/lesbian newspaper, in October 2008, prior to the presidential election. That article is also missing the reference to Obama’s “home country of Kenya.”

links to the LIE

[edit on 5-4-2010 by genius/idoit]

posted on Apr, 5 2010 @ 03:57 PM
link   
reply to post by genius/idoit

When people act shady, and act like there is something they are hiding, why is it so hard for the public to at least stop and wonder where the POTUS was really born?

This is one of those little gems, where even Obama supporters will scratch their heads and say "why?"

posted on Apr, 5 2010 @ 03:58 PM
link   
I am of Japanese ancestry. I was born in Singapore and I am now a US citizen but my home country is and shall always be Japan.

If Obama considers Kenya to be his home country I see no problem with that. Home is where your roots are.

posted on Apr, 5 2010 @ 04:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by Lilitu
I am of Japanese ancestry. I was born in Singapore and I am now a US citizen but my home country is and shall always be Japan.

If Obama considers Kenya to be his home country I see no problem with that. Home is where your roots are.

The problem is that you cannot be the POTUS if you were not a naturalized citizen. Now, I'm not saying or suggesting that Obama is not a citizen before everyone starts getting all angry and yelling here.

There is a big problem though if Obama considers Kenya to be his home country as he's the President of this country and that is definitely considered a conflict of interest. It will also embolden those who think he is definitely not a naturalized citizen.

Here are the requirements: Article II, Section 1, Clause 5 of the Constitution sets the principal qualifications one must meet to be eligible to the office of president. A president must:

* be a natural born citizen of the United States
* be at least thirty-five years old
* have been a permanent resident in the United States for at least fourteen years

posted on Apr, 5 2010 @ 04:10 PM
link   

If Obama was born in Kenya, then just the same as you, Obama is illegible by Constitutional restraint to be President:

No person except a natural born Citizen, or a Citizen of the United States, at the time of the Adoption of this Constitution, shall be eligible to the Office of President; neither shall any Person be eligible to that Office who shall not have attained to the Age of thirty-five Years, and been fourteen Years a Resident within the United States.

Article II Section 1 U.S. Constitution

posted on Apr, 5 2010 @ 04:33 PM
link   
Read what "Natural Born Citizen" means and why it matters!

Originally posted by justinsweatt

The problem is that you cannot be the POTUS if you were not a naturalized citizen. Now, I'm not saying or suggesting that Obama is not a citizen before everyone starts getting all angry and yelling here.

There is a big problem though if Obama considers Kenya to be his home country as he's the President of this country and that is definitely considered a conflict of interest. It will also embolden those who think he is definitely not a naturalized citizen.

Here are the requirements: Article II, Section 1, Clause 5 of the Constitution sets the principal qualifications one must meet to be eligible to the office of president. A president must:

* be a natural born citizen of the United States
* be at least thirty-five years old
* have been a permanent resident in the United States for at least fourteen years

posted on Apr, 5 2010 @ 04:38 PM
link   
People that have nothing to hide, hide nothing.
Those with something to hide protect it with a fortress of lies.
But like all great empires, it too must fall.

People can call the birthers crazy all they want, but the fact remains that for something supposedly not true [born in Kenya] there are an awful lot of slip-ups and cover-ups. I mean, if the man was never born in Kenya, how on Earth can so many articles and speeches somehow mistakingly say he was? To call it the country of his birth, multiple times by multiple different people, is at this point more than a mere mistake.

Once? OK. Twice? OK. Three, four, five...times? Yeah, right. That's called a slip-up.

[edit on 5-4-2010 by lpowell0627]

posted on Apr, 5 2010 @ 04:49 PM
link   
First there was Biden the Gaffe Machine.
It looks like Obama now has Michelle DOH-bama to worry about saying something stupid.

posted on Apr, 5 2010 @ 05:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by Alxandro
First there was Biden the Gaffe Machine.
It looks like Obama now has Michelle DOH-bama to worry about saying something stupid.

Sometimes the truth hurts....

posted on Apr, 9 2010 @ 04:28 PM
link   
Sorry I forgot about this thread.

Originally posted by justinsweatt
The problem is that you cannot be the POTUS if...

Originally posted by Jean Paul Zodeaux
If Obama was born in Kenya...

I thought I had stated my post above in the simplest of terms but evidently I assumed too much. So allow me to rephrase.

I am of Japanese ancestry, meaning I am ethnic Japanese. Because of this I regard Japan as being my home country - BUT - I was not born in Japan. I was born in Singapore. I am now a US citizen but I still regard Japan as my home country and I always will.

Obama is a US citizen born in Hawaii. If he regards Kenya where he was not born as nonetheless being his home country then that is something I can relate to 100%. That is where he finds his paternal roots. If you cannot understand that it is only because your life experience is limited. So expand your minds! Or something.

top topics

join