It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why do ghosts: wear clothes???

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 5 2010 @ 12:33 PM
link   
I think it's a funny question that instantly sends people into denial without any further speculation.

Do ghosts wear clothes? They're dead, why don't they choose to look younger, or like something else? Do only humans have ghosts? Have you seen any alien ghosts? What about rabbit ghosts?

CROSSED TIME-LINES.
Actually something I didn't really consider until a couple months ago, that what you could be witnessing is different timelines and alternative realities of sorts phasing together. What I mean to say is you could be seeing the person in THEIR living time, which could explain their behavior, not seeing you, and going about their daily business. As well this brings up the case of ghost ships or other objects. Basically 2 different timelines/ dimensions that are usually separated are joined together partially.. same thing as people seeing gnomes or faeries or something. I haven't personally seen any of these things, i'm just speculating.

Ghosts are dreaming?
And as well it could very well be a present energy. I kind of think of the soul like a complex thought-form creation, something in pieces that splits, but is assembled and shaped through experience. It is NOTHING.. but it is something to experience. I've noticed from astral projection that it's possible to get STUCK to something. Stronger magnetic or as I call them Yin/Yang fields. The reality itself can inherently be magnetic as the ghost (thought/energy form) clings to that reality like a powerfully distracting thought in meditation. It could be very well that you could compare this ghost's experience to dreaming, or simply walking the other realities.

I bring up dreaming for another reason. I think there needs to be a change in how we define dreams and lucidity. I can live a dream where I have a different life, different friends and I know information on them, know how to react to them. I can also be aware i'm dreaming in that reality but rarely do I take control. The control seems to simply be swapping one consciousness for another, or bringing that waking soul/personality into that experience. And not really knowing your surroundings, the themes or people anymore, you just simply explore unless you have an agenda.

I bring this up because of some astral projections as well. Comparatively similar to lucid dreaming but I won't get into that. I'm just saying I will be looking at my wall, wide-awake in bed.. then without even closing my eyes SEEMINGLY.. I fade into another reality..i'm still looking at the wall..and then I get out of bed and its a new world. What's interesting is i'll be floating around my house thinking "ok i'll remember this, yes all of this looks familiar to me so far, looks like I got an accurate version of my waking reality this time, great" But then i'll wake up and realize none of that was accurate.. but while I was there it resonated with me, it was familiar, and even the body I projected from, in the bed changed as the scene changed. It's like swapping realities and again like I mentioned about dreaming.. its like going somewhere you know, but the reality of the person you are experiencing right now reading this screen has a different reality.

In the event that the ghost doesn't know it's dead, I think of it in that dream sense.. you make it "lucid"..sort of just bringing two of its familiar realities together.. like that lucid dream where you gain control and suddenly think "where am i?"

It could very well be this is a common trait from human consciousness, effects from our life. It could very well be that death is like going into an astral projection and being oblivious to it for the unaware. It could be because their minds are so scattered, they are focused on different points and times WHICH when dreaming you can replicate with fantastic detail, you'd never know you died. It could very well be that a certain detachment /letting go, and focus is what keeps parts of the "soul" from keeping a piece of itself in this reality.

I just think of meditation and how we really aren't the masters of our minds, it's so easy to get distracted and if you follow a thought, it has certain feelings and you can feel it branch off, and branch off again, and you'll forget how the thought originated or the experience felt, like moving through a maze.

As for "animal ghosts".. maybe there have been sightings, maybe they are inter-dimensional or again on a timeline overlapping. Or in the case of them being rare, they could have a different type of consciousness, not the soul / ball of thoughts and experiences like we have, maybe the same, but maybe they go with the flow of things, something directs them.

I think there are lots of things going on in this reality we cannot see because of our limited human perceptions. I just wanted to really bring up the topic "why do ghosts have shoes?" Etc.. if you stop thinking of a ghost like a ball of gas or something that doesn't make sense and more like a THOUGHT like possibly everything else then basically that's where I'm coming from.

Just my speculations.
Peace.

posted on Apr, 5 2010 @ 12:49 PM
link   
i think it has something to do with it being a memory that is being played out, by the energy, rather that a person wanting to come back and being younger and naked

posted on Apr, 5 2010 @ 01:05 PM
link   
hi

thanks for this thread - i read it with interest.

my issue with the timeline split theory is that there seems to be few ghost experiences with people from future. Most seem to be period dress.

Unless aliens and ufos are then classified as 'future ghosts'?

posted on Apr, 5 2010 @ 01:09 PM
link   
Yeah, I think its the same as when you choose how you look during astral projection. Based on thought forms. And for majority of ghosts I think that because they arent aware they are dead, they will hold onto their last material image. And yes I also believe thats why youll see headless ghosts and such as well.

Animal ghosts are interesting. I zoned out one night and bent over to pet my cat, then walked out and saw the cat sleepin up in her house... then later realized that that wasnt the same cat and it actually was my old cat that electrocuted itsself. Quite a active spirit, I constantly feel something crawling on my bed and kneeding but soon as I take a look nothings there...

Elementals are also a interesting topic...

posted on Apr, 5 2010 @ 01:33 PM
link   
I agree with your speculation that they may not know they are dead.

I never quite understood why some people would use those arguments as if they were the sure-fire way to debunk all ghost sightings as a hoax. I would imagine that dying is very much like falling asleep so when the soul leaves the body its like what people call 'astral projection'.(even though I don't believe in astral projection in itself)

There are instances where some people claim ghosts interact with them in some way. It makes you wonder if in this 'ghostly' place if you will... if seeing where we are is some sort of 'gift' like some people here very well may have the gift to sometimes see them.

As for the memories that playback such as horrific occurances. I believe that the stronger the emotion / regret tied to the time the higher the chances of a 'residual' haunting. Kind of like having a nightmare over and over again which also fits into the dream theory. This brings into the question of is that sort of existance a type of 'hell'.

Thanks for the thread this sort of thing really interests me and are also theories I have pondered on.

posted on Apr, 5 2010 @ 01:46 PM
link   
I like reading these kinds of ideas, gives me another perspective on ghosts and paranormal and making me less afraid of the dark lol

But how about when you get a picture of a ghost and it resembles a person you knew? Taking for example movie "Shutter" with the girl following her ex boyfriend 'cause she loved him till death

posted on Apr, 5 2010 @ 02:06 PM
link   
reply to post by EminenceofAeon

Indeed if the definition of astral projection is for your soul to leave your body then I'm on the fence on that one like all things. From my experiences I think astral projection is literally as it is suggested.. PROJECTING (like a hologram) your astral body.. or whatever... a layer... a holographic image. I can do it pretty well and a couple things I noticed was the better I got at it, the more graceful / less intense the transition process was, sounds and feelings. And also the less tired I would be the next day. I do think its comparatively like dreaming but it has a whole different FEELING/interpretation to me, as well as the symptoms. Dreaming I wake up like any other day, if I have a very prolonged astral projection, that is to say the perception of shooting out my body 100 times over an hour, I will wake up with a throbbing 3rd eye region, I will have like full awareness of my skull and feel like its been shaken up.. I will feel full body vibrations as well as that "Tinnitis" sound that gets quieter as I wake up. I'll even feel like my teeth are magnetized together sometimes and that my bones are compressing. The very first projections I had I was dragging my feet for the whole day, they kicked my ass energy-wise. And like-wise, from some meditative training i've been doing I've noticed that I can do more in "astral land" and wake up less tired.

So for these intense and obvious physical symptoms I've experienced, it's my personal opinion that its like taking that raw energy you have, putting it into a form, and putting it into another reality to navigate.. because lucid dreams can last forever but astral projections seem like 1 - 5 minutes long before you run out of energy or something and have to start all over again. It really seems like blasting out a navigatable hologram.

Now.. as far as reality itself goes, and a spirit world.. I guess right now I wouldn't be surprised if they were all just different "dream-lands".. this waking reality being one of them.

I've noticed in astral projection you have different capabilities depending where you are, or it could be entirely related to your energy stored in that vessel, BUT.. i've noticed some experiences have a stronger sense of gravity.. you could say.. jump very high and move some light objects "telekinetically" or whatever... and there are others where you can fly. I've only ever had one such occasion where I felt like my blood was bubbling or i was super charged or something but its just interesting how I used to try and fly into space in these experiences and never make it, since the projections were like 1 minute... but this time I flew right into the sun in like 3 seconds. It really is an interesting topic and experience to me.

It could be that we're all living just different dreams including right now.. only part of this dream experience is to wake up in the same reality after we "real dream"...where we recharge our minds and energy. It could very well be that different aspects of ourselves are doing the same thing... that different guy you were in that dream with different friends etc... he could sleep too and maybe dream himself somewhere else. It just seems like the possibility for a lot of "swapping" of realities.

An interesting thought. I wonder if our living selves appear as ghosts to someone else sometimes? And in a sense we could already be "dead" and just reliving a memory..like deja vu. I had an interesting thought if this life could actually be my life-review I'm witnessing after already being dead... just playing with concepts of timelessness really, its very open ended and leads to some interesting speculations.

In which ever way you choose to take it, it seems like reality is as scattered as our undisciplined minds, which to some of us seem localized, to others they may see the reality itself as the entirety of the mind. Makes sense.. the person you are shapes the life you live.. you may find yourself in surroundings that fit your mentality and that could very well be a whole new reality. That's what I think of consciousness and "ascending" and concepts like that... your reality has to conform to your new consciousness, its just where you belong based on your own patterns.

Another quick thing I wanted to bring up.. some people have reportedly seen astral projectors. The first and only book on astral projection I read mentioned such cases.. so again it makes me thinks of ghosts and just.... all that scattered crap flying around. I think it all comes back down to understanding one's mind and seeing it reflective of reality.

posted on Apr, 5 2010 @ 02:13 PM
link   
cool thread.

i always just figured they wore clothes because the clothing
was part of their energy imprint when they progressed/moved on.
idk...

thanks for the posts.

posted on Apr, 5 2010 @ 02:21 PM
link   
reply to post by svante

Hell they could very well be there for all you know. Maybe they realize they're dead (become lucid).. and like any lucid dream they think "oh man now the fun begins".. and they realize what they can do to help you.. maybe its even part of their "contract". I believe karma is very real at least to me. There are a million things I'd like to do in life but I am magnetically drawn to do certain things WITH certain people. I dream of these people, I don't even need to be close to them... I meditate on it, do all this subconscious work to make sure i'm not just being attached and a whole bunch of other experiences which just says to me "i got a (mission) of sorts and it includes these people"

So it could very well be a case of: die..become more self-aware as a result, perhaps even remember the life's "plan"... that may include being some guide/guardian for that person.

I have a friend who is stupidly 3rd eye-aware and I'm trying to train to her meditate. But her mother died some years ago and the mother apparently guides her now, even gave her a list of the girls her daughter's boyfriend was cheating on her with. YUP.. that's only one of her stories, and yes.. i wouldn't be surprised if it was negotiated for her mother to watch her.

As far as showing up in the picture that could be their efforts to let you know they still exist in some sense unknown to us, and again...choosing the FORM of their dead friend so they recognize the...crazy psychedelic thought-form trying to contact them.

I have an electromagnetic reader and on a couple occassions I got a full spike of the meter when I asked if I had any guides around. So i said "cool, more stuff to relieve some self-doubt as opposed to open curiosity" and I went to bed.

I used to get freaked out with such thoughts but hell... my natural comfortable environment for my mind now is psychedelic rubix cube land. I feel comfortable in a morphing reality with invisible... cat ghosts floating around me.

Its kind of funny really, but I basically say to people "Privacy is an illusion, you can't keep every secret and it just may be that SOMETHING or someone knows them anyway...to just focus all your energy on being self-SECURE about it already... and start workin' on a really chill response when you're socially deemed "lameness" is discovered.

So put on a good show for whoever's watching, make em regret it even, hahaha.

peace.

posted on Apr, 5 2010 @ 02:23 PM
link   
reply to post by weemadmental

indeed.

Nice avatar, got that poster on my door.

...or did.. come to think of it i'm thinking like a ghost now, I think I tossed that poster out when I moved again a few months ago.

haha,
peace.

posted on Apr, 5 2010 @ 03:44 PM
link   
reply to post by CavemanDD

Do ghosts wear clothes? They're dead, why don't they choose to look younger, or like something else? Do only humans have ghosts? Have you seen any alien ghosts? What about rabbit ghosts?

What Gnostic doctrine calls "Former personalities" aka "Ghosts", indeed are residual electromagnetic projections of the ASTRAL BODY of one person, "shaped" with his/her last physical body. This "former personality" can take too long to fade out, depending on how much the ego is stuck in the memoirs of the last life he/she had. Celebrities and famous people in the charges of power, after die, take hundreds or thousands of years to get free of this residual self-projection, that's why people see ghosts "wearing" clothes of past centuries.

posted on Apr, 5 2010 @ 04:32 PM
link   
reply to post by ucalien

Yes,

According to some mediums and other esoteric groups, Athiests subdue themselves to this problem as well. Being so set on turning to dirt and not having a afterlife they become weighted down by their egos...

In my area people have seen many Native American ghosts. They are claimed to have a emotional attachment to the land and thats why they are still here.

posted on Apr, 5 2010 @ 07:27 PM
link   
i remember reading something by a paranormal researcher that like the ghosts were like a thought form and how we see them is how they believe themselves to be and how they want to be seen. . .

posted on Apr, 5 2010 @ 10:24 PM
link   
All spirits have what's called a spiritual body. It's comparable to the physical body that we have or "vessel" that our spirit is contained within; but unlike our physical body which is made of matter that exists at a very low vibrational rate (because we exist in the physical realm), this spiritual body is made up of very fine matter at a high vibrational rate (because they exist in the spirit realm). It is via thought, they can "cast" how they wish to appear which would include wearing clothes, age, hair style etc.

posted on May, 10 2010 @ 02:51 PM
link   
The question would seem to indicate a functionalistic view of clothes. Why not? Clothes can be a mark of expression and identity. Clothes can say a great many things. Spirit is all about creation, expression.

posted on May, 11 2010 @ 12:40 AM
link   
It depends. If it is a "residual haunting" or a ghost that seems caught in a loop and virtually unaware of the changes in the world, it is an imprint of that persons memory. They are wearing clothes because that is what they wore at the time. Well that is the short version. (I'm half asleep but wanted to respond before I forgot)

[edit on 11-5-2010 by ItsAgentScully]

posted on May, 11 2010 @ 12:51 AM
link   
If I were a ghost and had a choice in the matter, I would so totally come back as a naked ghost!

I would appear and waive my junk at traffic just to see what happened! (As opposed to when I do it now... I know what happens when I do it now... but it involves all kinds of pointing and laughing
)

Honestly though, I have never even heard of a naked ghost. If I ever do get haunted, I would hope for an 18 year old naked swedish female ghost... a guy can dream, can't he?

posted on May, 11 2010 @ 12:58 AM
link   
They dont know they are dead so they would feel wierd conducting their daily "lives" around other ghosts being bare ass naked... or my other theory is God does exist and they are here waiting almost like in the movie beetlejuice when he gets his head shrunk in the waiting room anyways he dont want to be naked to see God seeing that he got that sweet ass zues beard and crazy toga. When I go Ill be the first naked ghost and try to send a post and a webcam shot

posted on May, 11 2010 @ 01:54 AM
link   
I don't know. Not all ghost appear as full body apparitions. For all we know those have no need for the physical from. [ A real Ghost] As for the ones who appear in period attire. I think that's what I hear when they talk about as a residual haunting. Just playing over and over.

posted on May, 11 2010 @ 01:58 AM
link   
reply to post by CavemanDD

If ghosts didn't wear clothes than ghost pics would be banned on ATS due to its terms on nudity.
Imagine poor medium kids, like the one in the Sixth Sense who not only see dead poeple, but DEAD NAKED PEOPLE! Although, at least to me, being haunted by a nude Bruce Willis probably isn't the worst thing that could happen!

Ghosts are often about history, so what they wear gives us cultural signs and clues. Except for residual hauntings, ghosts are mind to mind projections from spirits, so they project what they want us to see, and our focus also interprets that. So being nude is devoid of any significance or historic signifier that they may want to project - although I've been fascinated on how aboriginal cultures that went nude until recently view this.
I assume there must be naked ghosts somewhere, since our ancestors were nude in swimming, gymnasium and other same-sex settings for considerable parts of their socializing (a fact now often forgotten).
I've read of a farmer who walked into his barn and saw a Roman orgy for a few minutes. So who knows? There may be a haunted nudist colony or swimming hole somewhere?

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join