It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

We are getting Blasted! Real Time Magnetosphere pics!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 5 2010 @ 12:17 PM
link   
There has been alot of local activity today on Planet Earth...
...so I decided to check our magnetosphere.

Here's a picture of today:
[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/2db136554644.jpg[/atsimg]

This is a pretty amazing shot of how powerful our magnetosphere is and what it protects.
You can see the field itself moving and swaying with the Sun's influence.

This picture:
[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/8d23ab59f7f1.jpg[/atsimg]

Shows a little more detail about what's going on.
Its at an unusually high level today.
The website is very informative and I suggest a visit to everyone who reads this thread.
They have archives of videos, pictures and tons of data.

RealTime Magnetosphere

The magnetosphere is very important to Earth and if we were to lose it, a slim possibility, havoc would ensue.
Just seeing the amount of pressure from the past 24 hours is enough to set off a few alarms.
Well, at least to me. I am only an amateur.

Hmm.....I wonder if anything is connected?

Edited to add SOURCE!

[edit on 5-4-2010 by havok]

posted on Apr, 5 2010 @ 12:19 PM
link   
Very neat stuff! Thank goodness for the magnetosphere huh!? And thanks for the thread as well! S+F!

posted on Apr, 5 2010 @ 12:21 PM
link   
Thanks for the info, wat is the website address?

posted on Apr, 5 2010 @ 12:24 PM
link   
Add yet another reason for me to be nervous. (LOL...) It looks like a top-down view of a palm tree in a hurricane! I feel like hiding under something, but what?

posted on Apr, 5 2010 @ 12:28 PM
link   
It does not happen every day, however this is within the expected limits for a streaming arriving from a coronal hole. The speed of the solar wind and the density is far from being dangerous. We should be alerted when the speed is exceding 1400 km/second. For now it is about 750 km / second.
A great website to check :
www.spaceweather.com...

posted on Apr, 5 2010 @ 12:30 PM
link   
Possibly this is related to the quake in mexico earlier?
What do you think?

posted on Apr, 5 2010 @ 12:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by warpcrafter
Add yet another reason for me to be nervous. (LOL...) It looks like a top-down view of a palm tree in a hurricane! I feel like hiding under something, but what?

Holy cow! it is interesting that you should notice that, years ago I though it reminiscent of the Nazca spider, there is something about look alike patterns in nature.

Edit to post example, tree branches, river tributaries, lightening.

[edit on 123030p://bMonday2010 by Stormdancer777]

posted on Apr, 5 2010 @ 12:39 PM
link   
reply to post by freebourn

I would not be surprised if we have a very strong connection between solar activity and earthquakes . However we simply do not fully understand this connection for now . The Earth contains a lot of metal (especially inside the core) , and a strong electro-magnetic pulse from Earth could also create a shock wave inside the metal core of the Earth.

posted on Apr, 5 2010 @ 12:51 PM
link   
Here's another nice site to look through...

solarimg.org...

posted on Apr, 5 2010 @ 01:11 PM
link   
reply to post by Romanian

Even with the core of Earth creating this magnetosphere, any dissolving of the surrounding "waves" would be chaotic.
The only was to interrupt these "waves" is from our Sun.
So if the Sun sets off a strong enough blast....(oh boy...)

Almost like pulling a ball bearing through a magnet. Pole shift.
If you influenced the magnetosphere enough, creating a major swing in polarity...

...the results would be devastating.

These recent pictures are just a little strong for my taste.
I've been watching for a while and haven't seen any as strong...recently at least.

Maybe I shall correlate the magnetosphere and Haiti earthquake for a connection in that time frame.

No worries though, this is just stronger today than normal.

posted on Apr, 5 2010 @ 01:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by Hx3_1963
Here's another nice site to look through...

solarimg.org...

Awesome site, Hx3_1963.

Thank you.

posted on Apr, 5 2010 @ 01:36 PM
link   
reply to post by havok

Yep, the guy behind Solarimg.org got some VERY interesting findings in regards to earthquake-solar activity correlations . But as you mentioned, it is too chaotic for us to actually be able to "predict" a location for the next quake, we can only expect that the tectonic plates will get a "boost" , without knowing where and how. We just got down from the trees so to speak, so the solar science will be an open subject for research a long time to come .

posted on Apr, 5 2010 @ 01:43 PM
link   
Well spotted to the OP.

I don't think it's dangerous yet, from some previous events i've seen, but certainly "an event". Correlating it to the recent earthquakes it the north americas isn't too far fetched.

It's fair to assume that pressure had built up in those regions since Chile's quake, perhaps the slight ramp up in solar pressure was just the trigger?

This page has all the time lapse videos by date.
www2.nict.go.jp...

It does all fit together ... somehow.

posted on Apr, 5 2010 @ 01:52 PM
link   
That is not a "real time pic". It is a computer simulation. What we are seeing are the simulated effects of a high speed but very low density solar wind. The source of this gust is coronal holes first seen several days ago.

These threads might help in understanding what you are looking at.
www.abovetopsecret.com...

[edit on 4/5/2010 by Phage]

posted on Apr, 5 2010 @ 01:58 PM
link   
There was a minor geomagnetic storm between 9-12 UTC (approx)...Here in Australia, K-index peaked at 6 and an aurora alert was issued around 11.30 UTC...

Two ATS members have reported seeing aurora in North America during this period in this thread

[edit on 5/4/2010 by Retrovertigo]

posted on Apr, 5 2010 @ 01:59 PM
link   
It`s like the call and answer of Drum & Bass, the Sun calls out, and the Earth through our magnetosphere answers with these lovely patterns.

I would suggest folks to read Storm on the Sun by Joseph Goodavage, it`s a great book. Talks about how the smaller cycles of the sun affect specific breeds of certain animals, like sending alsations across the world insane. Very interesting. Google it, you can get it on amazon for a few £.

Off topic to Phage... I like your new avatar better, the last one made me think you looked like dude from 3rd rock from the sun. He`s a gimp. You are not, you are objective and true. Best, Psilo.

posted on Apr, 5 2010 @ 02:54 PM
link   
reply to post by freebourn

Possibly this is related to the quake in mexico earlier? What do you think?

Ionosphere interacts with Lithosphere, 'cos the electromagnetic field of Earth passes through it. The question you should make is: "WHAT IS BLASTING IONOSPHERE???"

a) Sun coronal activity.
b) HAARP
c) Both

Regardless the effects of HAARP experiments, I think the reason of the increasing of Solar disturbances, is not being told by scientific authorities... Maybe "something" reported by ancient civilizations and hardly denied by scholars, is passing through our solar system...

[edit on 5-4-2010 by ucalien]

posted on Apr, 5 2010 @ 06:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by ucalien
Regardless the effects of HAARP experiments, I think the reason of the increasing of Solar disturbances, is not being told by scientific authorities...

Didn't pay attention at school? It's called solar cycles.. we're starting to (not unexpectedly) see more action once again.

en.wikipedia.org...

posted on Apr, 7 2010 @ 03:07 AM
link   
You might want to read my new thread "3 huge Earthquakes, 3 big disruptions in magnetosphere!!!" on the link below:

new topics

top topics

join