It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Kansas City Federal Courthouse Evacuated After Bomb Threat

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 5 2010 @ 11:16 AM
link   
Here is the link..www.foxnews.com...

news snip

Officials say the Kansas City federal courthouse has been evacuated after a suspicious package was found with a note warning of explosives inside.

Police spokesman Rich Lockhart says a soft-side cooler was found near a garage door with a note saying the contents would explode.

U.S. attorney's spokesman Don Ledford says the courthouse was evacuated and employees were sent home for the day.

Lockhart says bomb and arson detectives have been called in, and that a bomb robot is being used to examine the package.

Investigators have blocked off the area and are not allowing vehicles or pedestrians near the building.

It will be intresting on who claims this "bomb"

posted on Apr, 5 2010 @ 11:20 AM
link   
All is good.
www.kctv5.com...

Kansas City police were called to a suspicious object found near the federal courthouse at 8:45 a.m. near 9th and Locust streets, but the package was opened without incident at 11 a.m.

I need to get off line a while...to jumpy.

posted on Apr, 5 2010 @ 11:22 AM
link   
My guess is that it was left by a disgruntled homegrown American. Perhaps in response to the HCR declaration?

Generally, when "terrorists" leave bombs to explode, they don't leave notes on the outside written in English that say: "Contents are going to explode".

Leaving a bomb, with a note that says it's a bomb, generally is more of a statement than designed to maximize bloodshed.

Nonetheless, I hope everyone remains uninjured. Further, I hope all of these "little" acts of violence don't add up to one big crack-down on personal freedoms.

new topics

join