It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

No joke: Karzai threatens to join the Taliban

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 5 2010 @ 11:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by oozyism
reply to post by whaaa

I have a hard time believing the West would meddle in Afghanistan's affairs.

Don't just say you have a hard time believing the west would meddle in Afghanistan's affairs without explaining why..

Why ? The whole country is occupied, if that is not meddling to the maximum then what is? Forget about votes, do you really believe America will let Afghans choose who ever they want? That is non-sense..

It was sarcasm. We need a sarcasm guy. I should have used this one

posted on Apr, 6 2010 @ 12:06 AM
link   
reply to post by JohnnyCanuck

True fact. Throughout its history, the major export of Afghanistan has been asskickings. An Afghan toddler once bit off mike Tyson's kneecap. Tyson wisely apologized. If you need a taxi, Afghanistan can provide. If you need an asskicking, Afghanistan will provide. If you want someone run over by a taxi, there will be a line for the job from Kabul all the way to Herat.

posted on Apr, 6 2010 @ 08:17 PM
link   
reply to post by whaaa

Well sarcasm guy is good in every thread ^^ but seriously alot of people actually believe that, people should put this
at the end of sarcasm

posted on Apr, 6 2010 @ 08:26 PM
link   
WOW

Holy crap!

I did not know that

You mean America has wasted Hundreds of Billions on a useless concept???

Dude I am starting to think maybe this might have been a stupid idea

posted on Apr, 7 2010 @ 09:31 AM
link   
Check out what else Mr Galbraith said about Karzai:

As Mr Obama reconsidered his position, questions were also raised yesterday about Mr Karzai's "mental stability" and alleged drug problem.
A former senior UN official in Afghanistan, Peter Galbraith, described Mr Karzai as "not entirely normal" after a series of irrational outbursts over past months.

Mr Galbraith put down the erratic behaviour to Mr Karzai possibly taking illegal drugs.
"He's prone to tirades," Mr Galbraith said. "He can be very emotional, act impulsively. In fact, some of the palace insiders say that he has a certain fondness for some of Afghanistan's most profitable exports."

www.theaustralian.com.au...

What a crap drug dealer,getting high on his own supply indeed...

No wonder the Afghan gov is in the state it is in.

posted on Apr, 7 2010 @ 06:53 PM
link   
"He can be very emotional, act impulsively. In fact, some of the palace insiders say that he has a certain fondness for some of Afghanistan's most profitable exports." - whoever that guy is

When karzai was being a good puppet these "insider" tales of drug use didn't rate mentioning.. the lesson here for the children: if you're useful to the US govt, drugs are cool.. but when your usefulness expires, both you & drugs become un-cool..

posted on Apr, 7 2010 @ 09:44 PM
link   
What a crap drug dealer,getting high on his own supply indeed...

Awesome

at least he's a snappy dresser

posted on Apr, 7 2010 @ 10:00 PM
link   
Operation pipeline project is going as planned

posted on Apr, 7 2010 @ 10:08 PM
link   
The Taliban is actually rather old. It's a tribal alliance in truth. You can take the roots back hundreds of years in that area. It's just gone by various names and reformed again and again. There is no way NATO is getting rid of it and excuse my lack of patriotism for a minute but, if Karzai was smart he'd throw in his lot with them. They will win one way or another because of the politics of the area. The people there don't buy into nationalism. My husband has been there once and is going again. He'll tell you from first hand experience that you can't win. These people are dirt poor, highly distrustful of anyone not in their tribe and they pay no heed to Karzai. Outside of the capital city, he runs nothing.

[edit on 7-4-2010 by antonia]

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join