It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Wikileaks Video Released!!

page: 64
<< 61  62  63    65  66  67 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 6 2010 @ 10:22 AM
link   
All this dental engagement wont change a thing.
Seems the escalation within the thread is similar to and representative of mounting tensions found within conflict and battle.
Drawing that comparison its easy to see how situations get out of hand.
Firing on eachother here without complete understanding and guided by opinion only is solving what?
We "win" our position and or opinion within an argument that cant be won?

I'm gonna send in the cart now.
"bring out your dead" (ding) !

[edit on 6-4-2010 by HappilyEverAfter]

posted on Apr, 6 2010 @ 10:23 AM
link   

Originally posted by Compulsionist
reply to post by bigfatfurrytexan

The government was removed because we wanted them removed .

Quite simple really.

Not to get off track here, but come on!

Your government and financial institutions are in bed with London just as much as the US government is.

Trust me, Americans are NOT just sitting around in chat rooms. I'm offended by your underestimation of American courage. I'm talking true Americans. you know, the ones that the constitution was written for because the founders (non masons) knew how greed and desire for power will always rear it's ugly head from underground secret societies.

This isn't about the military. This is about 9-11, 7/7 and all the other false flags perpetuated on innocent people in the name of false freedoms from false prophets, looking for their Armageddon.

posted on Apr, 6 2010 @ 10:23 AM
link   
post removed because the user has no concept of manners

Click here for more information.

posted on Apr, 6 2010 @ 10:25 AM
link   
The better question is, would they have really needed to continually ask permission to engage if they had already been fired upon, which I am sure they would have reported when they were asking for engagement. Instead you see them accuse the Iraqis of being armed without properly identifying them as such.

I think the major issue here isnt about whether or not the troops were right or wrong in engaging the enemy, but rather the situation that surrounds the whole debacle.

We are in a war, killing these people who are in reality only defending what is theirs, because we were lied to about 'terrorizers'. Its a culmination of the whole last 10 years that people are mostly frustrated at. If we werent in Iraq under false pretenses, wouldnt these lives have been saved?

posted on Apr, 6 2010 @ 10:27 AM
link   
reply to post by MajinRoshi

I watched the video again.

The man appears from around the corner of the building.

They claim he has an RPG, but it is difficult to tell what it is.

A few seconds afterwards they then claim that they had a guy shooting and he's now behind the building. If they are refering the man with the alleged RPG, then that is untrue. The man didn't fire anything. You can't even tell what he is doing. So I don't understand why they are saying he is firing.

He certainly didn't fire an RPG.

Also they don't sound like they're under much pressure, considering they claim they were being fired at.

posted on Apr, 6 2010 @ 10:28 AM
link   
reply to post by Damian-007

I'm not going to put him on ignore just because I disagree with him.

posted on Apr, 6 2010 @ 10:36 AM
link   
reply to post by Kram09

The man with the "RPG" was a photographer with a camera that has a telescopic lense. In the HD version it is fairly easy to tell what it is. Even if you can't tell what it is, you can tell what it is not: an RPG.

posted on Apr, 6 2010 @ 10:38 AM
link   
reply to post by Kram09

I don't know... If I was about to fire or did fire an RPG or and AK at an apache that was over a mile away, I would then stand around in a group of people out in the open waiting for return fire also. Wouldn't you?

posted on Apr, 6 2010 @ 10:42 AM
link   
reply to post by bigfatfurrytexan

The thing is if they were insurgents/terrorists/taliban/al qaeda/communists, whatever the hell you're calling them these days, then I would have imagined they would have opened fire at the Americans.

They can't be that far out if the man peeking round the corner appears to see them to either a) film them with a camera or b) fire at them with an RPG.

In the video the American say that they had a guy shooting?

Do they mean the man with the RPG or camera whatever it is?

Because he certainly didn't fire.

Then the chopper goes round the building and the men are just stood their in a group.

If they were insurgents and the man did indeed have an RPG, wouldn't it make sense for him to tell the others to get the *beep* out of there or to try and open fire on the Americans? Instead they all stand there, casually doing nothing. That's why I'm inclined to think there was no RPG but it was in fact a camera.

But like I said it's difficult for me to see.

I haven't seen the HD version though.

posted on Apr, 6 2010 @ 10:43 AM
link   
reply to post by 911stinks

More hot air ....

Please , present exhibit A ...Proof of this courage , Proof of anything you pretend to stand for , can you provide that ?

No , because it's all in your head.

You are offended because I'm challenging a belief of yours.

And I'm saying this because I have experienced living in a country where there is total collapse and the curtains are down.

At that moment you realize that most if not all of your national pride was based on lies , which they indoctrinate you as a kid.

It's easy to come up with slogans and freedom talk , but that's all it is , talk.

Again off topic , I'll stop now.

link   
I dont chime in here much but Im going to here. I HAVE served and was in the first Gulf War. There are many variables that are unknown with this video. What other Ops were going on in that area that day/week? Was there a known insurgent threat in the area? Had the pilots went from one hot Op to this one?

There is one part of the video where I DO see one person with some type of an assault rifle that does look like it could be an AK or SK. This is well before the van. I have also read (cant remember where) that when the Marines came in for cleanup and pic duty they did in fact find a live rpg round under one of the bodies. There WERE wepons and ammo present, but I wont argue that the quantity reported has been difficult at best to verify.

The fact is, these mistakes happen in war. Not just to the US Military but to ANY country fighting in a war. War is an ugly, dirty, nasty, bloody, disgusting job. These men and women fighting this war are just like us. They have wives and families and this # is going to haunt them for the rest of their lives.

Some other things to consider. Insurgents are KNOWN for using civillians as hostages...This includes children and women. These guys in the van KNEW they were going into a hot zone and still brought their children. Now this is easy for you and I to pick up on because we can watch this vid in the comfort of our home without the fear of our brother or sister getting killed because we dd not spot a threat. The spotters for the gunners might have had a much more difficult time spotting those two children in the from of the van. These men driving their kids into the battle were irresponsible id10ts. They are to blame for the childrens outcome up until they were denied medical treatment at our hospitals. This is the one thing I truely disagree with. The children should have received the best care available to them which would not have been found in an Iraqi hospital.

link   
Is the western empire today nazi Germany all over again?

The powers that be continue to fund and vote for the wars that are based on lies, the main stream media continue to repeat the lies.

Most of the population know in their heart that war is wrong, what good came out of Korea and Vietnam wars etc

A minority in the population speaks out against the wars, but there is no way to turn the war machine around, since the main stream media propaganda machine is so much louder?

[edit on 6-4-2010 by conar]

posted on Apr, 6 2010 @ 10:50 AM
link   

Originally posted by MajinRoshi
reply to post by Kram09

But I do know that in the video the Americans wern't fired on.

You have no way in hell of knowing that. NONE. Again, you're just manufacturing facts to fit your pre-conceived notions.

I have no way of proving there is not a dragon in Fort Knox. But there ain't one.

I've noticed that criminals, when suspected of a crime, prove their guilt by saying "You can't prove anything."

[edit on 6-4-2010 by rizla]

posted on Apr, 6 2010 @ 10:53 AM
link   

Originally posted by Kram09

I'm not going to put him on ignore just because I disagree with him.

If you look at the earlier posts from him, you'll see why I put him on ignore. But, I understand your position.

He was, in a way, just Spamming the thread earlier with his RPG argument and comparing his little Picture of an RPG against someone, that looked like they were Carrying a Tripod or something, and, in reality, you couldn't tell what it was.

He's found someone that'll listen to him and I think you'll be going round and round in circles with him till the Cows come home.

Good Luck.
He

posted on Apr, 6 2010 @ 10:55 AM
link   
That hick-cowboy in the copter wanted to kill. All his talk was just excuses. He was chomping at the bit to shoot the poor people in the van trying to help that poor guy dragging himself along the sidewalk.

The shooter must be seriously punished. If he is not, the US military will be lost what remains of its credibility.

link   
reply to post by conar

Conar, everything you say is true. If its not clear that the system of governance is broke then I don't know what is. This killing, this war, would not have happened except for the fact that murderous criminals are running the show. The military is doing exactly what the PTB want them to regardless of what most citizens think or feel about it.

Some of the people are brainwashed by the media and government propaganda, but surely not all.

The world needs a good shakeup, but I don't know who is going to do it.

link   
So many pages and stars since I first read this yesterday. I just wanted to mention that THIS VIDEO is on the front page of the Vancouver Sun newspaper. I have to admit that I was delightfully surprised to see the newspaper pick this up. Good job to all those out there who may have helped this story reach the newspaper. Are there any others out there who noticed this in their local paper?

posted on Apr, 6 2010 @ 10:57 AM
link   
reply to post by rizla

I agree and I question the psychological state of those men and wonder whether they are fit to be in the armed forces.

posted on Apr, 6 2010 @ 10:58 AM
link   

He was, in a way, just Spamming the thread earlier with his RPG argument and comparing his little Picture of an RPG against someone, that looked like they were Carrying a Tripod or something, and, in reality, you couldn't tell what it was.

No, he was defending a point of view he held. ...and held strongly. Nothing wrong with that. Was he right? Not to my mind, but he might have been.

These sorts of videos have been proven wrong in the past. Or edited to show a point of view out of focus, sorry 'bout that, with what actually happened. This one apparently wasn't. I think he has allowed that past to color his view of this incident. That's all. Nothing nefarious, just mistaken.

Edit to Add: Y'know something, though? I wish he was right... Because then, the helicopter would have had a reason to fire... Not an accident, and not "murder", though that's chopping logic a bit...

[edit on 4/6/2010 by seagull]

posted on Apr, 6 2010 @ 11:01 AM
link   

Originally posted by XyZeR

Originally posted by MajinRoshi
What do you call this? It isn't a camera! Its CLEARLY an RPG!

Maybe you should visit an eye-doctor...
It's not an RPG, it's a camera Tripod! (which journalists tend to use...)
Whoops there goes your justification of a brutal slaughter...

I'm not sure how you can make anything clear from that, let alone say FOR SURE that he's carrying a tripod. The video is fuzzy, black and white, and not clear at all.

All I can tell is that he's carrying a log object. Now the shape at the end IS consistent with the shape of the rocket-piece of an RPG, but that doesn't make it an RPG.

But neither does it surely make it a tripod. This is clearly a case of you seeing what you want to see just like anyone who insists this must be an RPG is seeing what they want to see.

new topics

<< 61  62  63    65  66  67 >>

join