It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.
Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.
Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.
Originally posted by spearhead
reply to post by Reign02
Why do so many innocent people die in the wars of America? Why would you defend those casualties as collateral? Why are so many American soldiers coming home mentally crushed?
Why is America building so much for Iraq?
Here's one I can answer!
Because you blew the # out of it in the first place!
Iraq will become a poster child for occupation! Like when creating a soldier first you must break them in order to rebuild them!
Iraq will be rebuilt just the way America needs it!
Originally posted by RepublicanGuard
Also, I feel the reason this was "leaked" footage could give the Pentagon to restrict the Press even more in war zones.
Originally posted by neo96
i wasnt gonna post on this thread.....
1 i want to see the complete unedited video.
2 how these people even peaked the interest of the pilot and gunner
3. no press markings
4. theres a apache ah-64 circling overhead you and you crouch behind a building? theres no way you wouldnt hear it.
5. then group up
6. the pilot and gunner did act on command authority
7. were there were troops in the area receiving fire or ?
8. the van with the kids? not arguing them getting hurt is bad but as a parent im in a war zone and i see or hear a gunship overhead my first thought would be to immediately leave the area. no markings as a press vehicle?
9. as journalists do they not have a responsibilty to notify the military where they are going to be at any given time to make sure to dont die.
theres alot of unknowns here and to bash and hate is not a wise thing to do until you know..
stop the us military hating and theres alot of it in this thread.
they are the reason why you can sit there and hate.
[edit on 6-4-2010 by neo96]
Originally posted by Cabaret Voltaire
reply to post by sos37
I don't agree with this comment about the troops shouldn't be trigger happy.
I definitely want a winner on my side, and if he is happy to kill then so be it.
In fact, the guys that get the most thrill out of it are the most competitive and the most effective.
Remember, they are there risking their life for you life.
They do a hell of a job.