It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Wikileaks Video Released!!

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 5 2010 @ 12:00 PM
link   
Sick #ing bastards, they need to face a jury in court.

This has truly upset me.

Those soldiers deserve the death sentence.

Im not a trained soldier and even i could see it was a camera, this soldier knew what he was doing. He wanted to kill them.

posted on Apr, 5 2010 @ 12:00 PM
link   
EVERYBODY CLICK ON THE WEBSITE TO DIGG .... LEFT BELOW

collateralmurder.com...

posted on Apr, 5 2010 @ 12:02 PM
link   
I guess TIGER WOODS is much more newsworthy and occupying the simple minds of this country......

the top news story!!!!!!!!

that is disgusting

posted on Apr, 5 2010 @ 12:02 PM
link   
Attack on US consulate in Peshawar, Pakistan

news.bbc.co.uk...

This is going to dominate the news now - this video will be sucked under the seething mass of hawkish newscasting.

Parallex.

posted on Apr, 5 2010 @ 12:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by gwydionblack
This will surely face a media blackout unless the calling gets to great. I urge everyone to blast the mainstream media and force them to cover this sickening act of force by America.

I most not that once again, as with any video that sheds a bad light on the American government - Youtube has chosen to lock the views at a low number in order to prevent the video from reaching any of their features lists. There is no coincidence to this as it happens every single time there is a video questioning something in the government becomes popular.

Demand the youtube censorship to end and if you can post it on other video sights.

I posted something similar in another related thread.

I saw an article, front page with huge pic, on Huffington Post at 9:00am - big headline that the American soldiers dug the bullets out of several women to 'hide' the evidence. WikiLeaks VID was mentioned. Big huge pic and all like they have on their home page.

Saw the article with my own eyes.

By 9:30am all traces of the article were GONE!

So YES, the media WILL and IS blacking this out. I'm not seeing much else where on the MSM.

[edit on 5-4-2010 by Emptiness Dancing]

posted on Apr, 5 2010 @ 12:06 PM
link   
Words fail me!
How many times has this happend in iraq? We have seen this, soilders throwing puppies of cliffs, blowing up sheep. Sounds like there are some really sick people over there, who are actually enjoying the violence.

What i would like to know, are these incidences condemed by the us government, or do they know about this, but dont really care. America has many ememies now, and it seems only a matter of time before someone stands up to them, then its world war three im afraid. Which is a shame because its everyday people like us who will suffer.

posted on Apr, 5 2010 @ 12:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by Jay-morris
Words fail me!
How many times has this happend in iraq? We have seen this, soilders throwing puppies of cliffs, blowing up sheep. Sounds like there are some really sick people over there, who are actually enjoying the violence.

What i would like to know, are these incidences condemed by the us government, or do they know about this, but dont really care. America has many ememies now, and it seems only a matter of time before someone stands up to them, then its world war three im afraid. Which is a shame because its everyday people like us who will suffer.

I agree. I pray that 2012 wipes the human race off this planet.

posted on Apr, 5 2010 @ 12:09 PM
link   
This is just a thought, please don't bash on me for trying to put two and two together. Please just hear me out, and this goes to anyone who thinks this quake was caused by HARPP, I personally don't know much about HARPP but i've read on these threads about HARPP being able to cause quakes, O.K. so with that in mind here we go...

Wikileaks announces they would release a video on april 5th of the U.S. army killing innocent people, what are the odds that a magnitude 7.2 earth quake hits Mexico, close enough to the united states that it was felt in states that don't even have earthquakes? I live in CA and it rocked the hell out of CA and up to Las Vegas!

I mean think about it for a second, what are the odds that the quake hit on EASTER SUNDAY, what are the odds that the quake hit on April 4th, One day before the release of the wikileaks video?

I think the quake hit one day before so that it would be the TOP story on MONDAY April 5th to over shadow the wikileaks story...

And once again, this was just a thought... Call me crazy but WHAT ARE THE ODDS!?

posted on Apr, 5 2010 @ 12:11 PM
link   
Just a few bad apples.... right ATS?

posted on Apr, 5 2010 @ 12:12 PM
link   
I uploaded the video to ATS media.

(click to open player in new window)

media.abovetopsecret.com...

[edit on 5/4/2010 by C0bzz]

link   
www.cnsnews.com...

Reporters Embedded in Iraq by Month

January 73
February 93
March 96
April 126
May 102
June 119
July 165
August 193
September 219
October 78
November 95
December 97

January 93
February 105
March 107
April 109
May 90
June 58
July 59

Makes you wonder what changed in September 2007 a 141 reporters quit rideing with US forces. Did they end up with those 141 reporters running wild in Iraq or were they using private security forces like KBR and Black Water? The events in the video from wikileaks happened 3 months later in December 2007. Were those people with the reporters that looked like they had weapons really holding weapons because they were private security for reporters who held something that looked like a RPG which I guess was a long zoom camera?

link   
reply to post by Brahmanite

So once again I ask, is this the foreign policy that is spreading the good will of the American public? Is this the type of murderous hateful bull crap that is being portrayed as what America wants? Enough is enough.

This is nothing more than a grab to control the resources of that land in the guise of spreading democracy and freedom and this is how it's done. Demand to know how this was allowed to go down. Start demanding answers to some very basic questions.

posted on Apr, 5 2010 @ 12:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by Parallex

Originally posted by schrodingers dog

Originally posted by DopesickRenegade
Its very sad innocent people had to die but, my question to everyone who is shocked by this is what did you think war was?

That wasn't war ... that was cold blooded murder!

You're arguing against Generation Kill Dog! They don't know what war IS. They've been brought up to think that murder and war have something to do with each other.

War is Ideology vs Ideology.

Parallex.

Please enlighten me as to what happens in war both sides call each other up and say we'll meet at the playground around 3:00. The pilots obviously thought they saw weapons collateral damage happens.

[edit on 5-4-2010 by DopesickRenegade]

[edit on 5-4-2010 by DopesickRenegade]

link   
Has anyone actually authenticated this video? I would hate to think all this outrage is being wasted...

If it's true, these soldiers/murderers should be hung. No if's, no and's, about it. Hung.

But...

Is the video authentic?

Has anyone looked at it?

link   
Watching the video is sickening.

Looks almost "video game"-like in nature to the guys shooting.
Listen to the excitement in their voices..they can't wait to shoot!

[edit on 5-4-2010 by ghr54321]

posted on Apr, 5 2010 @ 12:14 PM
link   
Nothing in the mainstream media...

Just about Tiger Woods, Californian earthquake, Easter celebration...
The only one to use the footage is Aljazeerah... A shame for our Western Democracy...

The long version is even worse because pilots jokes about everything...

If they don't do anything in order to calm people, I guess this video is going to attract more and more djihadists...

Still waiting to see that in first page of the NYT or Russia Today, even Xinhua (chinese news but I'm not sure how to write it, just check yourself )

By the way, Wall Street is not affected !

Hey Obama, just print more dollars, kill more civilians and continue to enjoy your Nobel Peace price ! you just serve it !

posted on Apr, 5 2010 @ 12:14 PM
link   
reply to post by seagull

yes, its actually a call of duty movie rip ...

first phase denial

posted on Apr, 5 2010 @ 12:16 PM
link   
reply to post by Parallex

And now we have to wonder if the reports from Military commanders are even trustworthy.

On the topic of the US Embassy:

48. A bombing of a foreign U.S. Embassy as soon as May kills many.

www.mynewsletterbuilder.com...

posted on Apr, 5 2010 @ 12:18 PM
link   
Here are a few questions/points I pose to everyone just throwing blind judgment:

On the crew:

How far out were they circling the city from?
If you watch the long video there are parts at the very end during the missiles the camera appears to be at the 'home' position directly below the chopper, and the distance seems very great. (Also for those of you wondering why the insurgents were not firing on the choppers.)

What size screen do you view that camera from in and Apache? Can anyone else see the video live? (For instance the folks who gave the green light to fire.)
Even watching this on my monitor in full screen mode it was very tough to discern clear features, has anyone flown or knows of Apache's and can tell us what the video display is like inside.

I assume the front pilot is flying and the rear pilot is the gunner? Is he wearing full headgear (Helmet/headphones/visor)?
Again sort of falls on the video, is only the co-pilot watching the camera and what is he looking at.

How long had they been in flight?

The ground team:
Why not report over the radio something like 'where are the guns?'
This really confused me, they very quickly identified the two children, but none of the casualties were identified as civilians, and many were still discussing the 'RPG' shell under a body. Now this may have been the reporter's camera in question, may not.

The only other part that is curious is when they initially arrived, they skipped right past the first dead bodies and started talking about the rooftop. If they saw the corpses in the street with NO weapons is that why they just ignored them as not being why they were called to the area?

The driving
In Baghdad you were told not to stop for anything when driving. Someone jumping in front of you could be a diversion for an ambush or stopping you next to a bomb. Those of you crying over the corpses being run over, priority #1 was to set up a perimeter of armor in a situation like that, once you know that you and your men are safe, then you can worry about why you are there.

The civilians:
What are you doing there?
Most press I have seen on the news, in papers on you-tube, etc. They were ALL accompanied by troops or in some way a part of coalition forces. With that there was nothing to identify him as a member of the press.

Even in the Gaza strip guys with cameras and not guns have jackets on with PRESS in giant letters.

Especially in the frames where he is crouching around the corner he just oozes insurgent, just bad judgment on his part.

Help in a war-zone can be seen either way.
No matter what if you are in a war-zone and help out someone who is wounded, you attract the attention of the opposing side. If an Iraqi were to shelter a wounded American, insurgents would have taken out him and anyone else in the house if found.

This also plays into the guerilla tactics a lot of insurgents show, many corpses are removed before they would ever be identified or counted. Many guns removed to fight another day.

This guy was in the wrong place at the wrong time.

Even with these there are still a million questions to ask and facts to look up before you make final judgment.

- The military just had its highest death toll in a month in almost three years.
- Multiple suicide bombs killing hundreds of people had been occurring frequently in the past few months.
- Curfews were almost always in effect.

Regardless with every factor put into play this is war. No matter what when your life or your friend's lives are at stake you can make rash decisions, you can make bad judgment calls, you can make mistakes.

No matter how precise our weapons there will always be humans controlling the triggers so they will never be perfect.

I would see this as a huge leap in Warfare when you have to cover up a handful of civilians being killed when a few decades ago civilians were killed by the tens of thousands during wars

posted on Apr, 5 2010 @ 12:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by seagull
Has anyone actually authenticated this video? I would hate to think all this outrage is being wasted...

If it's true, these soldiers/murderers should be hung. No if's, no and's, about it. Hung.

But...

Is the video authentic?

Has anyone looked at it?

given that it was a leaked video that had to be decrypted by Wikileaks staff, I am not sure it would be possible to authenticate the video independantly. I think we can probably trust the reputation of WikiLeaks, though. *shrug*

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join