It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Wikileaks Video Released!!

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 5 2010 @ 11:18 AM
link   
What saddens me is that many have not seen this before.

This is not new, at all. Or uncommon.

But yeah, ruthless military we have.

posted on Apr, 5 2010 @ 11:18 AM
link   

Originally posted by schrodingers dog
reply to post by Parallex

This isn't the time for this!

No nation has clean hands when it comes to war!

Agreed on the second point - but in this case, and most others recently, it seems to be Americans doing the killing without clearing targets properly. The American citizenry needs to get its' house in order and quickly. When we see something like this, it is VERY MUCH the time to start pointing fingers and asking "Why do you let this happen in your name?"

Until we stop the people giving the orders to fire, we are just as guilty as them.

Parallex.

posted on Apr, 5 2010 @ 11:19 AM
link   
I researched "Collateral Murder" on the web and found this website from one of the guys who assisted the editor of WikiLeaks to post it. He offers some inside info as well as his comments. He also suggests we "get it out there."

Maybe "mainstream" media isn't the way to go, but perhaps our local TV stations would be interested. If not, then the local radio stations. Youth Radio would be interested I'm sure due to the children's involvement. I'm starting there.

I can't honestly see how they saw the cameras as AK47's. These are trained military who know what to look for. It's just so sad and obviously happens more often than we are aware.

rop.gonggri.jp...

[edit on 5-4-2010 by Gutterpus]

posted on Apr, 5 2010 @ 11:21 AM
link   

Originally posted by GorehoundLarry

Would you rather we have a kind, gentle military?

Wouldnt be all that effective then would it?

posted on Apr, 5 2010 @ 11:22 AM
link   
Chalk it down to being a tad too naive, but I have never been able to comprehend shameless violence and the atrocities that men commit in times of war.

Perhaps it's a blind need to believe that mankind is inherently good. That we possess the ability to acknowledge the difference between what is morally, ethically right and what is wrong.

The utter disregard for life and humanity in this particular instance is nothing short of nauseating. The heartbreaking part is that children were innocent victims of a "shoot first, ask questions later" mentality.

That said, how is it that a person who considers himself, and is considered by others, a good person, can commit unspeakable atrocities under certain conditions, such as war? Have these soldiers had their brains so addled by military strife that fail to see the immorality of their actions?

posted on Apr, 5 2010 @ 11:23 AM
link   
reply to post by blupblup

Thanks you sir for the heads up on copying the vid! This is some sick stuff and we need to get it out there. This is NOT ok this is murder!

posted on Apr, 5 2010 @ 11:29 AM
link   
reply to post by maria_stardust

It's 'Generation Kill', Stardust me old fruit.

They don't comprehend that what they're doing is 'wrong'. They see themselves as nothing but a tool. They instantly self-justify their actions by saying that "they shouldn't bring their children to a battle".

This is consistent with training issued by the US war-machine, and the monetary-value basis on everything that has been emplaced by the western world. I'm sure that the personnel in question would see a few thousand $'s in compensation to the families involved as ample recompense. They don't comprehend that something irreplacable, and unique has been destroyed by them pushing a button, or "Roger That" to engage.

Parallex.

posted on Apr, 5 2010 @ 11:31 AM
link   
We all know the American military is nothing but a bunch of gung ho Cowboys .they are just carrying on from the Indian wars of the last two centuries

posted on Apr, 5 2010 @ 11:31 AM
link   

Originally posted by brainwrek

Would you rather we have a kind, gentle military?

Wouldnt be all that effective then would it?

why does any country need soldiers ?

it is clear that this war on terror is not what it seems ... they are just trying to get rich by doing it, its not to save people

posted on Apr, 5 2010 @ 11:33 AM
link   

Incredible! I know its war and all, but this was pure ruthlessness.

Damn brutes! Shoot first ask questions later huh?

I hope they rot in hell. Not one bit of sympathy from them what-so-ever!

posted on Apr, 5 2010 @ 11:35 AM
link   

What saddens me is that many have not seen this before.

This is not new, at all. Or uncommon.

off course we know that it does happen often, but, we know too that the war is useless to peace in this earth, so why they do it? $$$

thats the thing, its all a conspiracy, and people dont have any idea that this really is happening, because they choose to not think about it

posted on Apr, 5 2010 @ 11:36 AM
link   
This is one video from over two years ago. Imagine all of the footage the US military has that will never see the light of day. I hope that all of those that have killed innocents get crushed under the weight of their own sins.

posted on Apr, 5 2010 @ 11:37 AM
link   
While I understand the need to post this, I wonder why it is 'political' news as opposed to simply 'breaking news?'

Regardless, the risk in disseminating this video was very great for someone in the establishment. I hope they are not in any peril over the act.

The fact that the media is whizzing by the event speaks volumes about media ownership and objectivity, doesn't it?

posted on Apr, 5 2010 @ 11:38 AM
link   

Originally posted by schrodingers dog
And still, as we speak, the top headline on the CNN website is about Tiger Woods!

Unbelievable!

Maybe if Tiger is interviewed he could tell people to go and watch the video. Now that would be some coverage. Anyone got his number?

peace

posted on Apr, 5 2010 @ 11:38 AM
link   
This to me is clearly a warcrime. These men need to be tried for their crimes.

I'm sorry to the family and Reuters for their loss and I commend wikileaks for making this information public.

This will go down in history as a very dark moment.

posted on Apr, 5 2010 @ 11:39 AM
link   
reply to post by JohnySeagull

just ask the nearest blonde to give him a call...

she would be able to talk him into it!

posted on Apr, 5 2010 @ 11:40 AM
link   

Originally posted by ugie1028
reply to post by JohnySeagull

just ask the nearest blonde to give him a call...

she would be able to talk him into it!

Zing

posted on Apr, 5 2010 @ 11:40 AM
link   
Its very sad innocent people had to die but, my question to everyone who is shocked by this is what did you think war was?

posted on Apr, 5 2010 @ 11:42 AM
link   
reply to post by Maxmars

This will go viral - once it's gone viral, and the media has taken the time to come up with a suitably 'spun' angle on the story, we'll see it in the MSM.

HOWEVER, I predict that the angle we will see will reflect nothing of the arguments made on sites like ATS.

The number one argument will be - "The western military establishment will not be able to function safely if national security is compromised by organisations like WikiLeaks, and unauthorised airing of so-called 'out of context' videos like the one featured."

A witch hunt will ensue, with the usual media outlets either ignoring or demonising the whistle-blowing movement.

Parallex.

posted on Apr, 5 2010 @ 11:43 AM
link   
Wow, I am speechless.

I've seen some messed up video, you know the puppies in Iraq and what not, but this is just ridiculous.

Of course the MSM haven't picked this up and certainly won't.

Sad, sad.

I feel for the people of Iraq, it's situations like these that prove that we weren't there to "help" them at all.

~Keeper

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join