It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Wikileaks Video Released!!

page: 27
<< 24  25  26    28  29  30 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 5 2010 @ 04:19 PM
link   
At the point where they shoot the guys carrying the wounded it was definitely a war crime even by the US's own laws. The guys in the van didn't have anything that even looked like a weapon and didn't do anything other than get out to help, so the gunner is guilty of this section of the war crimes code:

www.law.cornell.edu...

TITLE 18 > PART I > CHAPTER 118 > § 2441
§ 2441. War crimes
(d) Common Article 3 Violations.—
(D) Murder.— The act of a person who intentionally kills, or conspires or attempts to kill, or kills whether intentionally or unintentionally in the course of committing any other offense under this subsection, one or more persons taking no active part in the hostilities, including those placed out of combat by sickness, wounds, detention, or any other cause.

posted on Apr, 5 2010 @ 04:20 PM
link   
reply to post by racerzeke

The issue is that the guys in the helicopter seemed a little too eager to engage, and that they engaged a target illegally. There is really no justification for the van whatsoever, and no justification for the subsequent cover up. Yeah being a journalist in Iraq is dangerous, who is claiming it isnt?

posted on Apr, 5 2010 @ 04:21 PM
link   
So it's okay to allow insurgents to go free and potentially kill innocents and our soldiers because they are hiding behind human shields? No. It's not like they were firing on a market place. The reporters knew who they were with. If you hang around with people carrying RPGs and AK-47s then you cant be too surprised if you're mistake as a combatant also.

About the Geneva Convention and medics, doesnt the van have to be marked?

How do we know they werent friends of the insurgents?

link   
I'm shaking! I've never seen anything so cold and evil and I hope I never do again. I know people kill each other but to see people so happy about it? I've worked very hard to open my mind and hart to other people and ideas, and seeing this just makes me know that I was right to choose the path I have. What scares me the most is these people like this don't care who they kill as long as they get to do it! WAR? BULLSHIP. when these tortured soles realize what they have done they will rip them selfs apart.

When you trough in with evil you don't get to say I was only doing my job, What I was told to do? duck the troops.

They will be coming for the rest of us next.

link   
By the way, you people who keep calling it a "war zone" keep in mind this is not a war, neither the U.S. ever declared war on Iraq, nor did Iraq ever declare war on the U.S.
The U.S. merely illegally invaded and occupied the country based on false evidence that was proved to be falsified and lied about.

So now that we've established that we're in there illegally, you're still going to tell me that people who live in their own country and are being illegally occupied, don't have the right to congregate on a street corner and should be murdered in cold blood by aerial gunships?

posted on Apr, 5 2010 @ 04:22 PM
link   
reply to post by rufusdrak

Do you realize that FAR WORSE videos have already been out for years and no one has given 3 rats asses about it? In fact someone posted a video from Iraq from several years ago that is FAR WORSE than this one. Me, my family and all my friends have seen it. The rest of the world probably has too. And guess what. NO ONE GIVES A DAMN! And no one will give a damn about this either.

I give a damn. You give a damn. Only now are people learning of the atrocities that are happening there. Apparently this is big...yes I've seen videos before...but not one that is getting this much traction.

I still have hope that we can end this.....don't lose yours.

link   
I would have to say in such a short time today, we have seen the power WE have when it comes to getting this information out there.

Just search collateral murder on google and you'll find countless numbers of websites and blogs covering this video. Your work is appreciated! Everyone who is working to bring this information to the people, we all owe you a great deal of gratitude.

I love how we are coming together on this, people are emailing news stations, newspapers, family, friends, and politicians about this. This is how we get things done. Wake up the masses!

I just want to reiterate and say thank you again, keep up the good work!

link   
So if there was no audio this video would be okay? Who cares if he was itchy to kill them? He waited for clearance it isnt like he just lit up the whole courtyard without permission.

Put yourself in a situation where you think you are killing these men who can potentially kill your friends or other innocents.

I would like to listen to the audio of what you said.

link   
reply to post by lucid_dream_tricks

I can see the rest of the video being chalked up to war and the heat of battle but you are right the part with the van is the real crime and they have them on video it is very clear.

I understand how hard it is to be a soldier and bad things happen but there is also a line and it was clearly crossed.

We need to stop fighting and get our heads on straight again.

[edit on 5-4-2010 by Subjective Truth]

posted on Apr, 5 2010 @ 04:23 PM
link   

Calling it a 'medic van' is a bit of a misnomer. Just a civilian Dad with his kids trying to be helpful. But I agree with you 100%

link   
reply to post by racerzeke

What are you talking about? are you watching the same video as me? where's the rpg's and AK47's? all I see is cameras and a tripod.

link   

Originally posted by racerzeke
So it's okay to allow insurgents to go free and potentially kill innocents and our soldiers because they are hiding behind human shields? No. It's not like they were firing on a market place. The reporters knew who they were with. If you hang around with people carrying RPGs and AK-47s then you cant be too surprised if you're mistake as a combatant also.

About the Geneva Convention and medics, doesnt the van have to be marked?

How do we know they werent friends of the insurgents?

Hey Einstein all medics are friends of whoever they are treating. Are you telling me that the medics have to specifically be someone that the dying person doesn't know (which is unlikely since they're on the same side...duh) for them to be ineligible to be killed in cold blood? Do you think there's something called "DISCRETION" as well where maybe the U.S. soldiers could think for themselves and know that the van is just full of unarmed civilians trying to carry the corpses out?

posted on Apr, 5 2010 @ 04:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by red_d

Calling it a 'medic van' is a bit of a misnomer. Just a civilian Dad with his kids trying to be helpful. But I agree with you 100%

The funny part is NOT calling it a medic van is a misnomer as well. Why? Because the U.S. soldiers didn't know WHAT it was. That's the whole point of this entire thing! Why it's so amazing! The U.S. pilots didn't know ANYTHING about the congregating crowd, nor about the van, nor about ANYTHING. They just were trigger happy and assumed every living thing moving around is an enemy. Hell, the president of Iraq could have been down there or a U.S. general. They had NO clue, they would have gunned them down no matter whether it was an insurgent truck armed with easy to see missiles, or an ice cream truck.

posted on Apr, 5 2010 @ 04:25 PM
link   

posted on Apr, 5 2010 @ 04:26 PM
link   
Right, and you can see little children in the van too right? What color are their eyes? Come on.

How can you tell the van is full of innocent civilians? The guy they were carrying away was carrying a 'weapon', lets say they let him drive off. He is patched up and ready to go back into the battlefield with even more passion and hate.

The VAN has to be marked. Sure could have been caring civilians.

posted on Apr, 5 2010 @ 04:26 PM
link   
Here is a list of people in the news and media industry. Forward them the link to the video. Just copy, paste every email in the quote's into to your "send to:" and attach the video link:-

www.youtube.com...
www.youtube.com...

[email protected],
[email protected],
[email protected],
[email protected],
[email protected],
[email protected],
[email protected],
[email protected],
[email protected],
[email protected],
[email protected],
[email protected],
[email protected],
[email protected],
[email protected],
[email protected],
[email protected],
[email protected],
[email protected],
[email protected],
[email protected],
[email protected],
[email protected],
[email protected],
[email protected],
[email protected],
[email protected],
[email protected],
[email protected],
[email protected]
[email protected],
[email protected],
[email protected],
[email protected],
[email protected],
[email protected],
[email protected],
[email protected],
[email protected],
[email protected],
[email protected],
[email protected],
[email protected],
[email protected],
[email protected],
[email protected],
[email protected],
[email protected],
[email protected],
[email protected],
[email protected],
[email protected],
[email protected],
[email protected],
[email protected],
[email protected],
[email protected],
[email protected],
[email protected],
[email protected],
[email protected],
[email protected],
[email protected],
[email protected],
[email protected],
[email protected],
[email protected],
[email protected],
[email protected],
[email protected],
[email protected],
[email protected],
[email protected],
[email protected],
[email protected],
[email protected],
[email protected],
[email protected],
[email protected],
[email protected],
[email protected],
[email protected],
[email protected],
[email protected],
[email protected],
[email protected],
[email protected],
[email protected],
[email protected],
[email protected],
[email protected], [email protected],
[email protected],
[email protected],
[email protected],
[email protected],
[email protected],
[email protected],
[email protected],
[email protected],
[email protected],
[email protected],
[email protected],
[email protected],
[email protected],
[email protected],
[email protected], [email protected],
[email protected],
[email protected],
[email protected],
[email protected],
[email protected],
[email protected],
[email protected],
[email protected],
[email protected],
[email protected],
[email protected],
[email protected],
[email protected],
[email protected],
[email protected],
[email protected],
[email protected],
[email protected],
[email protected],
[email protected],
[email protected],
[email protected],
[email protected],
[email protected],
[email protected],
[email protected],
[email protected],
[email protected],
[email protected],
[email protected],
[email protected],
[email protected],
[email protected],
[email protected],
[email protected],
news@@channel4.co.uk,
[email protected],
[email protected],
[email protected],
[email protected],
[email protected],
[email protected],
[email protected],
[email protected],
[email protected],
[email protected],
[email protected],
[email protected],
[email protected],
editor@@msnbc.com,
[email protected],
[email protected],
[email protected],
[email protected],
[email protected],
[email protected],
[email protected],
[email protected],
[email protected],
[email protected],
[email protected],
[email protected],
[email protected],
[email protected],
[email protected],
[email protected],
[email protected],
[email protected],
[email protected],
[email protected],
[email protected],
[email protected],
[email protected],
[email protected],
[email protected]

Hopefully the Youtube links dont go down. IF anyone has any more links or mirrors add it to the list.

World needs to know. Email Email Email

posted on Apr, 5 2010 @ 04:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by MajinRoshi
reply to post by niteboy82

There were clearly RPGs and rifles being carried. How can you deny that?

If there were clearly RPGs and Rifles, then why wasn't that reported by the US soldiers who arrived on the scene after the fact? All the civilians except one of the little girls were dead, so the couldn't have removed anything from the scene! Seems you know a lot more than the people who were there on the ground right after the massacre.

It's time you all quit condoning these evil acts by some elements of the U.S. military.

[edit on 4/5/2010 by dubiousone]

posted on Apr, 5 2010 @ 04:27 PM
link   
Oh my god

That # was awful. These hicks just wanted to kill some people so badly that day. How about they zoom in on the camera to postively identify it has an AK-47! Only questionable part was the guy peaking around the corner, but that in no means gives reason to open fire on everybody, that is just sick.

Has MSM picked this up yet? I hope something is done.

It doesn't help that the commerical before you can watch this video is of the new game "Spilnter Cell" and he main character murders a few people in the street.

Everybody needs to see this, even if it leaves you in a state of disbelief and shock. Wake up!!! While we may be safe in our homes at night, these people are being tortured, terrorized, and killed for no reason other than the fact that they are the same religion as the ones blamed for 9/11.

[edit on 5-4-2010 by tooo many pills]

posted on Apr, 5 2010 @ 04:28 PM
link   
reply to post by higns07

I love how we are coming together on this, people are emailing news stations, newspapers, family, friends, and politicians about this. This is how we get things done. Wake up the masses!

YES!!! Everyone should be doing this. Enough of the madness! Trillions of debt for thousands upon thousands of deaths...and for what?

WHEN DOES IT END?

How many more families need to be destroyed...how much blood has to be spilled before the world comes to it's senses?

posted on Apr, 5 2010 @ 04:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by higns07
I would have to say in such a short time today, we have seen the power WE have when it comes to getting this information out there.

I just want to reiterate and say thank you again, keep up the good work!

That's all well and good... but when the hell are people going to get off their asses and away from the computers, grab a pitchfork and start demanding heads to roll?!?

Posting does NOTHING to affect change.

new topics

top topics

<< 24  25  26    28  29  30 >>

join