It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Wikileaks Video Released!!

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 5 2010 @ 10:48 AM
link   
Bump so more people will smell this big ole pile of shiat..

This is a huge chance for momentum for our crowd here on ATS.

Damn this pisses me off.

I urge everyone to: Bump, star, flag, and tell everyone you know in the real world too.

Facebook this, Digg this do whatever to make THIS the news for the coming week(s).

posted on Apr, 5 2010 @ 10:49 AM
link   

Originally posted by getreadyalready
Can someone summarize? I am at work and cannot view a video of any type, especially youtube.

Choppercam view of some people in a plaza...some are holding items that are mistaken as guns and RPGs...turns out it was simply a camera.

authorization to go ahead...bang bang...all but 1 dies.

van shows up to pick up bodys (and one person still managing to live through it)...bang bang, more bodies.

tanks eventually roll in, find a couple kids injured in the van, and the scene in general...

offical story about the kids...no clue how they got hurt...(other than of course the whole shooting the crap out of the van they were in).

It could have been a mistake..if you know its a camera the dude is holding, then it looks like a camera...but if you are not expecting a camera, it arguably could be a weapon..the biggest issue would be the report that came after, and the gung-ho attitude of the blind man manning the weapon.

posted on Apr, 5 2010 @ 10:50 AM
link   
Flag this people.

This needs to be on the front page.

It's about 2nd down on a google search of wikileaks video.
The world should see this.

+5 more 
posted on Apr, 5 2010 @ 10:51 AM
link   
Honestly though, I was expecting something a bit more...provocative from the way Wikileaks was going on about it...I was expecting a film of people being lined up and shot face to face...this is gray at best...

War sucks.

[edit on 5-4-2010 by SaturnFX]

posted on Apr, 5 2010 @ 10:52 AM
link   
deleted

[edit on 5-4-2010 by Exuberant1]

posted on Apr, 5 2010 @ 10:52 AM
link   
reply to post by SaturnFX

Completely agree. The way they hyped it, seemed as if they had caught somebody red handed with an execution style murder. Don't get me wrong, this is awful and I hope that those responsible are held accountable...but it was hyped to be different in my eyes.

+1 more 
posted on Apr, 5 2010 @ 10:54 AM
link   
This proves what happens when you let your American dog off the leash.

And you Americans wonder why everyone hates you?

Sort it out!

Parallex.

+18 more 
posted on Apr, 5 2010 @ 10:56 AM
link   
reply to post by Parallex

This isn't the time for this!

No nation has clean hands when it comes to war!

posted on Apr, 5 2010 @ 10:57 AM
link   
Flagged and starred.

I really don't know what to say. Well, I"m disgusted. I feel sick. I am angry that such stupidity can occur. The helicopter essentially fires on a group of unarmed people for no reason. Although some people looked like they had guns, they were for the most part unarmed and completely peaceful. Then a Van comes and they shoot that too, killing children. It shows what war can do; it will mean that civilians will get killed - last I checked over a million were dead from this war. It also shows that military forces can often have itchy trigger fingers - a well known fact - that news sources like Faux news and CNN ignore. America needs to see this. The world needs to see this. I think it's too easy to send people to war to kill other people. I also hope this means an end to the Iraq war.

[edit on 5/4/2010 by C0bzz]

posted on Apr, 5 2010 @ 10:57 AM
link   
If I wasn't told he was a journalist with a camera, and the only piece of video I had seen was the piece where you can see him poke his head around a corner with the camera I could understand how he could be mistaken for an insurgent with an RPG.

But that would require that however many other gunships in the air did not have an angle that would have shown that it was a camera.

How anybody could mistake two men with cameras for two men with rifles is beyond my comprehension; and the callous assumption that the van was connected to the "insurgents" and not an ambulance or good samaritan after there was no hostile movement on the part of the crowd is sickening.

Perhaps it's hindsight, perhaps I'm simply not "combat material"; this is proof enough that even when we have the power we don't have the right.

[edit on 4/5/2010 by eNumbra]

posted on Apr, 5 2010 @ 11:02 AM
link   
It makes me very sad to see something like this. I know that there will be collateral damage in any war. But this could have been prevented. They were so eager to engage and kill. It makes me sick. The one pilot saying, "C'mon let us shoot!" I can picture him all amped up and wild-eyed itching to kill. Unbelievable. As of now, I can't find anything on MSM, if it is swept under the rug, we need to find an outlet to get this video out in the open.

posted on Apr, 5 2010 @ 11:03 AM
link   
How do you download from youtube or where else can you download the videos from? I want to be able to help spread this video to as many people as possible since the worthless MSM won't bother?

As for the video itself absolutely horrendous. I am completely ashamed to be an American right now. This has nothing to do with the fog of war, especially since we should have never been there to begin with. This is straight up MURDER! Disgusting...

posted on Apr, 5 2010 @ 11:04 AM
link   
I sent an email to Fox 4 DFW. Hopefully they wil at least review this story and give it some attention. Not holding out any hope, but it never hurts to try.

I encourage all of you to do the same. Here is what I sent, feel free to edit and quote if you like:

BEGIN

On April 5th, WikiLeaks.org released a video obtained via an anonymous source showing an attack on the morning of July 12th 2007 by US helicopter gunships on a group of supposed Iraqi insurgents. During this attack, approximately 12 people were killed and two children were seriously injured. Ultimately, it was discovered that the group included Saeed Chmagh and Namir Noor-Eldeen, both journalists from Rueters.

Initially, the military did not explain how the journalists were killed nor how the children were injured. Ultimately, after demands from Rueters, military officials concluded that the actions of the soldiers were in accordance with accepted rules of engagement.

With the release of the video by WikiLeaks.org, the statements made by U.S. military can be compared against the facts on the ground and are found to be misleading if not completely false.

Please have you editorial staff review this video. Whether the soldiers acted incorrectly or not, the fact that military commanders have intentionally lied about the murder of civilians and attempted to cover up the truth is not something that the American people should tolerate.

WikiLeaks.org has published the video at their sister site: www.collateralmurder.com.... In addition, they have included links to the reference material used for the report.

Thank you for your attention to this story.

END

posted on Apr, 5 2010 @ 11:05 AM
link   
reply to post by Redwookieaz

If you're using mozilla firefox, you can use download helper...

addons.mozilla.org...

Most browsers have similar add-ons though

link   
this is the so called war on terror

now I know why the troops are not back in the US, they were bored with call of duty, now they want to play in real life, so they asked to stay

link   
One thing is for sure, whoever is responsible for encrypting this video is going to get a dressing down from a superior.

posted on Apr, 5 2010 @ 11:08 AM
link   
I agree that we all need to facebook digg and tweet this to everyone.

Most of the news anchors have twitter, I've started sending it off, simply asking why their network is choosing not to cover this at all.

I (very cautiously) could accept that this was a "mistake in the fog of war" or whatever, but they didn't seem to verify that they were holding weapons.

Also, maybe one of the vets here can answer this: If you were in the helicopter, would you not have to wait for them to aim at you first? All I know is that if a cop shouldn't fire unless they feel threatened. Is it the same in a combat situation? Or then is it more shoot first ask questions later? (I have no intention to judge on that, I understand that war is a very different world)

Edit to add: Noticed a few minutes ago that Twitter was down recently? and now mine is bringing up a page that is only text. Not the normal twitter page. Anyone else experiencing the same thing? (could be part of the CONSPIRACY!) but seriously...

[edit on 4/5/2010 by iamsupermanv2]

posted on Apr, 5 2010 @ 11:12 AM
link   
There are absolutely no words .. just watched the videos, and i cant say its a suprise, but its sickening.. yeah how dare people let their children go outside on their own streets! battle zone my ass.. they made it the battle zone.. i know its been said before but all i could think was these bastards think they are in a lazer hunt game..i really hope something comes of this, instead of it all getting just 'swept under the rug' as certain past incidents..
Thank you for posting

posted on Apr, 5 2010 @ 11:14 AM
link   
I wish I could say thanks for posting this. I can't. It's dusgusting. I support our troops. I believe that good people are trying to do good things in the military. I know no every soldier is like this, but right now, it's hard to make myself believe that. This was murder. There was a guy with what looked like an RPG against the building at the begining. But how does that justify killing everyone, and then killing the people trying to help the wounded? I know why this was such a big deal now. I don't want to know how many times this has happened. I only want to know when it will end.

posted on Apr, 5 2010 @ 11:17 AM
link   
reply to post by rogerstigers

Copied your email and sent it to the following Tampa Bay stations

BayNews 9
TBO.com (Tampa Bay Online)
Editor of the Tampa Tribune
News Channel 8
ABC Action News
and Fox 13 News

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>