It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Finland postal service to open mail and send scanned email copies

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 5 2010 @ 11:56 AM
link   
reply to post by SheaWolf

"Finns who long for the scent and feel of stationery need not despair as once it has been scanned, correspondence will be returned to its envelope and delivered in the normal fashion. But the postman will only call twice a week at the homes of volunteer residents. Deliveries to mailboxes at a local store will be made three times a week."

So the Finnish govt just wants to read and store peoples personal mail....why else would they put the letters back into the envelope and then deliver it to the original receipent???

posted on Apr, 6 2010 @ 10:51 AM
link   

Originally posted by rangersdad
reply to post by SheaWolf

"Finns who long for the scent and feel of stationery need not despair as once it has been scanned, correspondence will be returned to its envelope and delivered in the normal fashion. But the postman will only call twice a week at the homes of volunteer residents. Deliveries to mailboxes at a local store will be made three times a week."

So the Finnish govt just wants to read and store peoples personal mail....why else would they put the letters back into the envelope and then deliver it to the original receipent???

this is just an experiment, right?
when and if it really happened they will just skip the last step.
right now they're probably just testing the accuracy.

posted on Apr, 6 2010 @ 12:32 PM
link   
Well, I think this is a great idea. Most of my bills et al are online, so to a significant extent my privacy is not compromised.

With a machine scanning and emailing my post I will be able to cut-out the greater risk of my letters getting "lost in the post", and also benefit from being able to delete junk mail in the same way as I am able to delete spam.

Invasion of privacy? Not really. It is progress. Not sure why everyone is so paranoid!

Regards

posted on Apr, 6 2010 @ 03:05 PM
link   
reply to post by JanusFIN

Yep - I confirm this news just 30 km from the village where they will test this system. In recent poll made about this new system there was 96% against this idea... Me too.

Thank you JanusFIN. It's easy to see that like us here in the US you have a hard time getting your voices heard by TPTB, 96% against and still they push on. Have they set any particular limits on what they will or won't scan?

posted on Apr, 6 2010 @ 03:44 PM
link   
APRIL FOOLS!!

The date says, "Published: 7:07PM BST 01 Apr 2010".

posted on Apr, 6 2010 @ 03:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by SheaWolf

Yet another government office invading personal privacy. It may start out as voluntary, but it most likely it won't stay that way if the postal service profits from it.

Well, then why should they even use the post office to begin with? Just scan and e-mail your letters for them.

I hope the post office goes under because of this.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join