It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Unexplained sheep attacks 'caused by aliens in UFOs', farmers claim

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 5 2010 @ 10:00 AM
link   
After all these decades, guys n gals, and not one farmer or person, has thought or acted on setting up mostion sensing cameras, staking out a secret hidden place and snapping actual official zoom lens photos or video? not one farmer or person has ever thought to do this? sooner or later, a few are bound to get lucky and get something on film.
I always thought that story was funny, cause it makes me laugh...a black co op helicoptor halloweened up as a UFO with tentacles to lift upa cow
it makes me think, the CIA endulges in '___' time to time

posted on Apr, 5 2010 @ 11:46 AM
link   

Originally posted by jumpingbeanz
more like the government are testing radiation emitting equipment

yep.

most of the pieces have been gathered
and the picture does show humans to be behind *many* of them...
if not all, who knows?
but we are pretty sure that military/govt is behind or involved with*wayy too* many mutilation cases.

and the evidence points to them testing radiation levels in the population.
So, we know in the U.S.~ that most of the cattle mutilations are carried out in areas where there has been, and still is cause for nuclear radiation concern,
ie.. uranium mines in the desert,
major *nuclear* bomb testing sites...

ok,
since that question's really not in my head any longer ( the 'who'dunnit' )..

my question is... what nuclear concerns would there be in some of these other regions?

sorry...
i mean...
wherever there are mutilations like this....
the next best step,
i think , is to learn what is in the area, or what has been in the area in the past..
i.e.. nuclear/radiation wise.

cool thread, thanks.

p.s...

i do think aliens are responsible for some. lol

[edit on 5-4-2010 by Ahmose]

posted on Apr, 5 2010 @ 12:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by ziggy1706
After all these decades, guys n gals, and not one farmer or person, has thought or acted on setting up mostion sensing cameras, staking out a secret hidden place and snapping actual official zoom lens photos or video? not one farmer or person has ever thought to do this? sooner or later, a few are bound to get lucky and get something on film.
I always thought that story was funny, cause it makes me laugh...a black co op helicoptor halloweened up as a UFO with tentacles to lift upa cow
it makes me think, the CIA endulges in '___' time to time

Try thinking about your statement before you post such nonsense.

Farmers have nothing better to do than purchase expensive camera equipment and set it up to capture whatever phenomena is behind Mutilations. Farmers of course are experts in photography, also most game keepers are masters in the art of directing.

The farmers are all fairly light hearted about Cattle/animal mutilations, the loss of income is greeted with a shrug of their shoulders as they decide to plow more money into expensive photography equipment.

Or better still, maybe its the farmers who do this themselves, in the dead of night to play pranks on each other. Showing off their formidable skills at butcherer and dissection.

Seem fairly obvious to me that you have never heard of Linda Howe or read any articles or even BOOKS about the phenomena. You display all the incessant ramblings of a child like mind. Not capable at researching or even thinking about the subject before you draw your feeble explanations.

The evidence speaks for itself, if you take the time to read it.

posted on Apr, 5 2010 @ 01:12 PM
link   
reply to post by skjalddis

Why not get yourself a rocket launcher on the black market, then when the orange lights show up to mess with the sheep, get a lock on and blast whatever. If its a black helecopter full of scientist then you'll knoiw. If its a real space ship full of greys. Then you can show up with your shotgun and show them that the "barbarians" are smarter than THEY think...

Then get pictures, salvage there weapon systems, before the secret service or one of the other alphebet groups shows up.

Or just throw a camo tarp over the thing so they can't find it, then go to work on there systems. Why should the goverments always gain the benefits of future technology, why not the Pardon the pun."sheeple".

So next time instead of just saying."Darn them greys lasered my sheep again". Give em payback. And take what they have.
Fair is fair.

My 2 Yen.

posted on Apr, 5 2010 @ 01:41 PM
link   
First cows, now sheep! This is getting baa-a-a-a-a-ad! Lol, sorry just a little sheep humor.

Seriously though, I keep waiting for some of these farmers, or researchers to take the time and money to set up high def video cameras surveilling the livestock. One video with a few seconds of clear footage would set the world on fire, not to mention it would certainly pay for all the sheep and cows they lost.

posted on Apr, 5 2010 @ 03:09 PM
link   
I used to go with the "government forces collecting samples for radiation testing."

I am no longer sure that is the case,because when you think about it-Its not exactlly hard to aqquire a sheep or cow dead or alive from a dealer/farmer/butcher,and not hard to find out where said animal was raised.

If they are testing for rads,a dead animal would be ok would it not?

I now think whoever is doing this is doing it purely to scare people,for what ever reason I don't know..

posted on Apr, 5 2010 @ 04:00 PM
link   

Unexplained sheep attacks 'caused by aliens in UFOs', farmers claim

If 'aliens in ufos' did it, they're not "unexplained," are they?

Or did I miss something?

jw

posted on Apr, 5 2010 @ 06:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by TheWatcher11
The evidence speaks for itself, if you take the time to read it.

I took the time to read this article from the STAR, is this what you mean?

Blame predatory animals for cattle mutilation but humans involved

DENVER (AP) - Ranchers armed themselves against an unknown enemy. Rural residents who never had locked their doors bought padlocks. Helicopters with beacons trained on the ground were reported flying over pastureland.

It's not a scene from a 1950s cut-rate horror movie. That's the way it was last summer: fear and anger in the cattle country of eastern Colorado and other western states because of unsubstantiated reports that somebody was mutilating cattle and other animals.

A year later, the mystery remains unresolved, but the furore is gone, despite a few reports of new "mutilations."

The president of the Colorado Cattlemen's Association says he feels there is "enough scientific data to put the idea of mutilations to rest." But local sheriffs remain concerned.

The Colorado Bureau of Investigations continues an investigation of the situation, but has turned up no human suspects. Acting director Carl Whiteside says investigators so far have come up with no motive for the mutilations if, in fact, there were any. There is considerable evidence that predators, mostly coyotes, picked over the remains of dead animals.

"We've conducted 37 examinations of hide samples," Gillespie said. "Of those, we've determined that two had been cut with a sharp instrument and 35 had been chewed by some type of predator."

Authorities in Wyoming, where more than 100 cases of mutilations have been reported in a year, say 99 of the cases definitely were the work of other animals.

So 2 out of 37 reports in one study appear to involve humans:

www.straightdope.com...

A minority of cases are the work of brain-damaged farm boys who get ideas after reading about mutilations in the papers.

I don't know how accurate "brain damaged farm boys" is, but the small percentage of reported mutilations that aren't due to predators seem likely to be due to human activity instead such as deviant behavior, cults, etc. While I wouldn't rule out government experiments, it seems like the government has far easier ways to get cattle for experiments.

posted on Apr, 6 2010 @ 01:33 AM
link   

Originally posted by Silcone Synapse
I used to go with the "government forces collecting samples for radiation testing."

I am no longer sure that is the case,because when you think about it-Its not exactlly hard to aqquire a sheep or cow dead or alive from a dealer/farmer/butcher,and not hard to find out where said animal was raised.

If they are testing for rads,a dead animal would be ok would it not?

I now think whoever is doing this is doing it purely to scare people,for what ever reason I don't know..

no of course it is not hard to acquire dead livestock.

however..
it would be rather difficult to just go up to random farmers/ranchers,
and ask them for samples of some dead livestock....
especially without people getting suspicious as to why the testing needs to be done in the first place.

are they going to just tell them..
"hey, we need to test for radiation levels in your animals" ?

I think people would become rather alarmed,
if they knew there was a need for such testing to begin with.

It is said also,
that such testing would need to be done "naturally"/ at random, for proper results.
and it does make sense.

There is enough fear in people as it is,
(and they know how to create more, simply)
this seems like some lengths to go to, (whatever your technological level).
to strike simple fear into folks.

and we have the technology to do all of it.
.....and then some.

[edit on 6-4-2010 by Ahmose]

posted on Apr, 6 2010 @ 05:07 AM
link   
I reckon that here in the UK, where this story is from, the govt could get away quite easily with testing for radiation in livestock given the high level of beurocracy that they have imposed on the agriculture sector following the foot & mouth disease / mad cow disease scares some years ago. It is also well known that fallout from Chernobyl came down in Wales, so no surprises there - it's possible that the govt could have been monitoring that but absolutely no need to do it in secrect so I don't think that's an issue in regards to possible mutilation cases.

Also, remember - this is happening in the UK and we don't have any large predators out there any more. Unless you accept the existance of the anomalous big cats - but that would be explaining one mystery by citing another.

I will say that having looked a bit further into this, I reckon that there is a lot of hype from that chap Phil Hoyle, who set up that UFO group with its 'animal pathology field unit'. I think he's hyped it, but I can't see that he's invented the whole thing from scratch - if there is something going on however, we're probably looking at a very small number of cases.

posted on Apr, 6 2010 @ 05:07 AM
link   
I reckon that here in the UK, where this story is from, the govt could get away quite easily with testing for radiation in livestock given the high level of beurocracy that they have imposed on the agriculture sector following the foot & mouth disease / mad cow disease scares some years ago. It is also well known that fallout from Chernobyl came down in Wales, so no surprises there - it's possible that the govt could have been monitoring that but absolutely no need to do it in secrect so I don't think that's an issue in regards to possible mutilation cases.

Also, remember - this is happening in the UK and we don't have any large predators out there any more. Unless you accept the existance of the anomalous big cats - but that would be explaining one mystery by citing another.

I will say that having looked a bit further into this, I reckon that there is a lot of hype from that chap Phil Hoyle, who set up that UFO group with its 'animal pathology field unit'. I think he's hyped it, but I can't see that he's invented the whole thing from scratch - if there is something going on however, we're probably looking at a very small number of cases.

edit to add - I would really like to have seen some evidence / quotes from the farmers themselves - but to be fair, I think that they would be reluctant to have their names in print associated with anything UFO related for simple fear of ridicule. So in the absence of that I think a large pinch of salt is needed but I can't write it off entirely.

Juls

[edit on 6-4-2010 by skjalddis]

posted on Apr, 6 2010 @ 06:04 AM
link   

you're aware aren't you that its not just sheep and cattle? worldwide there are lots of different types of animals including humans being mutilated and exsanguinated in this trademark way. you'll find stuff on it if you digg enough.

puts a new spin on 'war of the worlds' doesnt it?

then if you add in the 'chupacubras' cases, where there is exsanguination and puncture marks, you get even more weirdness and types of animals... chickens, dogs, goats, etc etc...

[edit on 6-4-2010 by rapunzel222]

[edit on 6-4-2010 by rapunzel222]

posted on Apr, 6 2010 @ 06:50 AM
link   
I see that the nuclear connection has been touched upon. One thing that always strikes me about these mutilations, is that it's always the same areas of the body removed ie. eye, tongue, jaw, sexual organs, anus, liver. I've always wanted to hear the opinion of a biologist (or relevent scientist) on this. Why these organs? What does this set of organs prove useful in researching, is it genetics, signs of radiation, toxicology or something else?

The answer to this question would be useful to conclude who is carrying this out and why.

On the subject of cattle mutilations in the UK, here's one from last year complete with detailed photos of the sheep.

www.davidicke.com...

Some interesting background about the area; this occurred near Todmorden which is in Lancashire and has actually been a UFO hotspot for years. In the 1980's a man (Zygmunt Adamski) disapeared from Yorkshire and turned up dead 50 miles away, on top of a coal pile in Todmorden. There was no disturbance of the coal, the guy must have been dropped! How he got to Lancashire, how he got on top of the coal and who or what had killed him was never explained. In the weeks leading up to Adamski's death, many orange orb type UFO's had been reported in the area.

posted on Apr, 6 2010 @ 08:33 AM
link   
One of the most fascinating things about cases like these, are the apparant tidyness of the kill site, and surrounding area. Lets say I want to go out, kill an animal, take some organs, and flesh right?
Ok so I drive out to the countryside and park up. I scout myself a target meaning I have to travel on foot from the vehicle to my vantage point, leaving tracks and traces inevitably along the way. I have to proceed to the intended victim from the vantage point thus more tracks, more trace, more chance of leaving evidence. But in these cases , there are rarely any discernable tracks or trails left by either a vehicle or feet. The vehicular part will come in later.

Once arrived at the beast I intend to kill, I have to kill the beast, and drain its blood maybe,or remove a portion of its flesh and organs. Ok, so doing this will result in blood loss no matter which way you slice it. Literaly. So if I want to do this without leaving a trace, I have to carry a big waterproof sheet, and some how lay it in a way which would leave no evidence of such a thing, and perform the kill in the centre of that sheet in order to minimise trace blood evidence being left at the scene, in order to create the grisly but amazingly tidy tableau which often arises in these cases. Further more, I would have to make sure that the sheet I use is proof against pucture ripping or tearing, because otherwise a chunk of it may be left at the scene, and in a rural area that would stick out like a sore thumb. And dont forget that I would have to be able to get the animal all the way to the centre of the sheet without disturbing anything under the sheet in any obvious way , in order to produce the same scenes we see in photos, and hear about from reports.

Once the kill has been performed, and the organs, blood , flesh has been harvested, I will need to transport those components away from the scene, and one would assume that if I had a plan for these things, that I would want them to be fresh when I get home or where ever one goes with such things. So Im going to need to have bought with me a ice box or picnic hamper with built in thermal protection. I would then need to carry this box, and the sheet , and the tools I had used back to the vehicle.So . Just to recap... from the vehicle I would have had to have taken, surgical grade tools and instruments to produce the wounds typical of these mutilation cases, a big sheet to prevent blood evidence from being strewn around, and a cold box capable of carrying all the harvested material from the cadaver. I would have had to have performed the tracking, killing, and harvesting of the subject without leaving a trace, and done all that with god knows how heavy and awkward load on my person. Its not physicaly impossible, but if its people doing it, then I want to know where they trained because obviously the classes they passed included Advanced Walking On Air.

posted on Apr, 6 2010 @ 01:31 PM
link   
Hi,

Found this on BBC website - two large dogs are being held responsible;

news.bbc.co.uk...

Peace!

posted on Apr, 9 2010 @ 08:24 PM
link   
IF you c the big black triangles id run

How can it be dogs with precision cuts and the farmers witness the objects and say they are not ours with very high tec ,dofgs is rubbish its been going on for years

posted on Apr, 9 2010 @ 08:49 PM
link   
For all we know the "Aliens" could be shopping for a little veal for dinner and guests and only take what they need for because they don't believe in taking more than what they can eat. A little veal, a little beef, depends on whats on the menu for dinner.

posted on Apr, 9 2010 @ 09:50 PM
link   
You say red beams of light?

This was taken last year by a girl in Manchester UK

posted on Apr, 9 2010 @ 09:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by Magzoid
You say red beams of light?

This was taken last year by a girl in Manchester UK

posted on Apr, 9 2010 @ 10:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by ucalien

I just would like to know WHY the US government and military did a deal with these parasites without soul, trading "free pass" abductions (animal and human) by weaponry technology. I mean, WOW, they SOLD mankind to these malfunction organic clones, instead fight them.

Fight?

Imagine the type of offensive and defensive military technology these "aliens" would have.

If what you say is true, we'd have two options:

1. Cooperate, give them what they want and get something in return.
2. Don't cooperate, and they take what they want by force.

Neither party would want to deal with the consequences of option 2, but it would be a disaster for us.

In any case, aliens probably don't exist and these mutilations are secret government technology tests.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join