It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

could this be niburu

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 5 2010 @ 05:45 PM
link   
reply to post by Zeus2573

And you think I'm the one being juvenile.

Yes, you are juvenile and hypocritical.

I asked for proof, and all you did was whine

Welcome to my ignore list.

I assume that's where all the scientists and sceptics are listed.

[edit on 5-4-2010 by john124]

posted on Apr, 5 2010 @ 05:45 PM
link   
reply to post by tothetenthpower

Your totally right, it is all just speculation. That's why I don't understand what the big deal is. The only thing that I have mentioned as fact on this thread is the part about lens flares. Everything else IS just speculation, heresay, beliefs or whatever.

So far over my speculation I have been told it was hogwash, that I am a troll, paranoid, and that I need to grow up.

Now that's an awful lot of work on everyone else's part over speculation don't you think?

~ Zeus

posted on Apr, 5 2010 @ 05:51 PM
link   
The arrogance of modern man is sickening, smh.

posted on Apr, 5 2010 @ 05:56 PM
link   
The objects that have been in the photos look like sun dogs. Some might even be due to optical piping in the atmosphere, but that is unlikely.

As for a second red planet in the sky, please look up a star chart and determine that the object is not a red star. There are many beautiful red stars in the sky now including Betelgeuse and Arcturus. They are distinctively red and beautiful to see. There is 0 possibility that a new planet is our solar system.

posted on Apr, 5 2010 @ 05:58 PM
link   
reply to post by Wide-Eyes

I don't know where you are in UK but next clear night you get, locate Mars then look about thirty to fourty degrees in all directions from the red planet

I see the star Pollux nearest Mars, and Capella (brighter) to the right of both.

posted on Apr, 5 2010 @ 05:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by misteRee

Originally posted by Damian-007

I woudn't blame someone if they had a logical theory (i.e. raw data, mathematics and using the scientifc method) and it turned out to be false - I really wouldn't be bothered and i'd applaud at least for the time and effort.

But get ready for 0:01am January 1st 2013, these people are going to be held accountable for their false prophecies, mis-information and fear-mongering.

If you are looking for facts on Nibiru, you know full well you will not find them. To ask for facts is just silly.(no offense, I can be silly too) Especially on this thread. There are zero facts available at the moment on Nibiru. This is a Nibiru thread, so guess what will be discussed, yes, Nibiru. Not facts about Nibiru, just Nibiru. Nobody has once as far as I know predicted anything prophetic on this thread. And nobody is being a fear mongerer. How did you come up with this?

As far as anything being mis-information, that is a choice that YOU are making on your own.

Oh, and by the way, you were the first one to mention 2012 on this thread. Or, did you mean something else by January 1, 2013? Isn't it funny how you tied Nibiru to 2012 all by your lonesome?

~ Zeus

[edit on 5-4-2010 by Zeus2573]

posted on Apr, 5 2010 @ 06:02 PM
link   
Improbable. I read somewhere that it supposedly crosses paths with earth every 3,500. I'm quite certain everything was as is 3.5 millenia ago.

posted on Apr, 5 2010 @ 06:03 PM
link   
reply to post by john124

Cool, that must be what I have been seeing too.

Edit to add: John124, it would have been nice if you had provided me with this info before patronising me with ''it was a lantern''.

[edit on 5-4-2010 by Wide-Eyes]

posted on Apr, 5 2010 @ 06:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by john124 reply to post by Wide-Eyes

No, the two red objects are in space. I know a lantern when I see one.
I'm sorry, but it's doubtful you would be able to accurately determine that an object viewed from the ground is in space. Have you at least taken length exposured photos to show its path across the sky over several hours? A red light visible for a short amount of time and then suddenly disappearing without doing anything spectacular is most likely a lantern. Lanterns are so common, and not all are the same, that you can't really discount them in these circumstances.

And again, patronising me with your lantern rhetoric. Ffs, I din't say it was Nibiru, I said it was an object in space and you tried to belittle me by saying I didn't know what I was looking at, "it was a lantern".

Thanks for finally sharing the forbidden knowledge... You could have just told me they were Red Stars in the first place. I will bet you hoped I would go into how i definitely think it is Niburu so you could belittle me some more. Shame on you man, show some respect.

posted on Apr, 5 2010 @ 06:19 PM
link   
I will not say I totally believe in a planet called Nibiru, as there is just not enough solid evidence.
However..Im open to the fact that there are planets, comets, asteroids, etc..out there..that "we" do not know about.

Keep an open mind..how much do we really know about space, beyond our little neighborhood?
As I mentioned earlier, how many times have we been bombarded with small asteroids and near misses, that were detected only a short time before..i.e the near miss detected just 15 hours, would have been catastrophic for man-kind, had it veered enough to hit us.

I will give you another example..from THIS site..

A new extrasolar planet has been discovered using a new technique that will allow astronomers to detect planets no other current method can. Planets around other stars have been previously detected only by the effect they have on their parent star, limiting the observations to large, Jupiter-like planets and those in very tight orbits. The new method uses the patterns created in the dust surrounding a star to discern the presence of a planet that could be as small as Earth or in an orbit so wide that it would take hundreds of years to observe its effect on its star.

Please note..this is a NEW technique for detecting planets..and if you read the article..they have found new planets, never seen before.

Now..I have shown you proof that we havenot always detected planets, comets, etc around us..and are always discovering something new.

posted on Apr, 5 2010 @ 06:19 PM
link   

This topic is posted under the 2012 board so clearly the creator of the thread felt that Nibiru is related to 2012. Therefore, somebody did make a link between Nibiru and 2012 long before the post you replied to was made.

posted on Apr, 5 2010 @ 06:21 PM
link   
reply to post by polarwarrior

lol, you need to look at moon charts, that wouldn't be the moon.

posted on Apr, 5 2010 @ 06:22 PM
link   

i didn't get to catch your part on lense flares but i bet your were just as mad as me trying to explain lesne flares.

i hope no ones saying thats a lense flare, i would cry.

[edit on 5-4-2010 by sv_gravity 800]

posted on Apr, 5 2010 @ 06:22 PM
link   
reply to post by Yummy Freelunch

However, Sitchin and his followers claim that Nibiru is bigger than Jupiter. So, not only would it be easier to detect than an asteroid, it should also be easier to detect than any other planet in the solar system, yet astronomers, professional and amateur, have failed to find anything of the sort.

posted on Apr, 5 2010 @ 06:25 PM
link   
I personal am starting jus believe Planet x is just another cover like global warming (yet more people beieve in it) the earth is just going threw its cycle, you should look up the great warming 5500 years ago that saved our race.

posted on Apr, 5 2010 @ 06:27 PM
link   
I thought Sitchin had been debunked. As far as I can tell Sitchin just made up the whole planet x thing to sell books,

What is interesting is the fact that incoming objects are now classified! We may have more to worry about than some imaginary planet.

posted on Apr, 5 2010 @ 06:31 PM
link   
There are a tremendous number of amateur astronomers out there. Look at who finds all of the new comets. Many are located by devoted amateurs. People are looking up all of the time.

Although I do not think that Nibiru exists, at least it makes people look up and see what an amazing sight the sky actually is. There are lots of opportunities for people to see fun things in the sky. Right now you might be able to spot mercury near Venus int he evening sky. Not many people can claim that they have seen Mercury and made sure that it was in fact the planet closest to the sun.

posted on Apr, 5 2010 @ 06:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by Xcalibur254

However, Sitchin and his followers claim that Nibiru is bigger than Jupiter. So, not only would it be easier to detect than an asteroid, it should also be easier to detect than any other planet in the solar system, yet astronomers, professional and amateur, have failed to find anything of the sort.

But, didnt you read what I had posted..they have recently found large planets..that before were undetectable..

Sitchin I know has been ridiculed and called a liar, hoaxer, and all kinds of other names..terrible if you ask me..he's spent many years studying cuneiform texts. I would say he knows a bit

posted on Apr, 5 2010 @ 06:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by Xcalibur254

This topic is posted under the 2012 board so clearly the creator of the thread felt that Nibiru is related to 2012. Therefore, somebody did make a link between Nibiru and 2012 long before the post you replied to was made.

The link was made with the thread in mind? Meaning it was placed in the 2012 section by someone other than the Op?

Even better.

However, it still doesn't change the fact that that was the first time 2012 was mentioned in this thread.

~ Zeus

posted on Apr, 5 2010 @ 06:38 PM
link   

Those planets that were detected were not in our solar system.

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join