It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

could this be niburu

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 5 2010 @ 01:11 PM
link   
reply to post by john124

double post

[edit on 5-4-2010 by allprowolfy]

posted on Apr, 5 2010 @ 01:15 PM
link   
Now as far as I know the whole "Nibiru is going to kill us all" mythos was started by Sitchin. He discovered this after "translating" Sumerian texts. Yet, Sitchin was trained as an economic historian, and as far as I can tell never studied Sumerian. It is also worth noting that Sitchin released The 12th Planet during the era when von Daniken was raking in the money with his own ancient astronaut theory. So, can somebody who subscribes to Sitchin's theory tell me why they continue to believe the "translations" of a man who has no background in Sumerian, whose grasp of Sumerian and physics have been shown to be wrong by numerous professionals in those fields, and who released his theory at a time when similar theories were popular and making money?

posted on Apr, 5 2010 @ 01:16 PM
link   
reply to post by john124

have to reply one more time as the last 2 got me the boot! first question where are you getting your information? msnbc,nbc,history channel? Second you might do a bit of history looking up like the sumerian text, by zacharia Sitchin. as i am sure they were the very first civilization with noted writing abilities! anyhow, if your not a troll i sure would like to know where you are getting your disinfo? fill me in as i like researching both points of view! any person that is quick to descredit with no real proof, is a troll in the highest sense! thanks

posted on Apr, 5 2010 @ 01:22 PM
link   
reply to post by allprowolfy

And what makes Sitchin, a man trained as an economic historian, more credible than the Sumerian experts and physicists that claim everything he has written is pseudoscience? I don't understand how people can still cling to Sitchin when experts in every field he connects his theory to says he's wrong. We have the scientific method for a reason, to weed out charlatans like Sitchin.

posted on Apr, 5 2010 @ 01:37 PM
link   
reply to post by john124

i have been looking into niburu for a few years now. i have never posted any thing
because i was never sure where my views lie and that is why the thread is like this. I know there are a lot of people making money of this with books and websites making some strange if not untrue claims just to get your money but i also think there is some evidence for it I have some pictures also that were taking from the web but these pictures were not looking for niburu they are just
pictures of sunrises and sunsets i will try to put them on

these pic didnt work out great when i posted them they have come out to small but if you go to goole images and put in sunrise or sunsets 2010 there are usualy plenty with anomalys
as to niburu beeng a space ship not sure but isnt every one going mad about phobos at the mo a planet that ment to be a spaceship well theres a suprise

[edit on 5-4-2010 by digby888]

posted on Apr, 5 2010 @ 01:37 PM
link   
reply to post by Xcalibur254

again like i said can you prove stichen wrong? do you know how to read sumerian texts? or do you beleive the same government that closes down archeology digs for 3 years then opens them back up, all in the name of science. this world my friend is not black or white but many shades of grey. one has to take a bit here and a bit there then put the pieces together. i realize there is know way to truly know the truth as we have had such great leaders like Alexander the great that decimated many of our recorded history! i would like to talk about the term pseudo for a second, as far as i can tell pseudo could go for all of the following and then some, sociology, psychology, anthropology, etc, etc, almost everything except math! so plz when talking about history lets keep it in laymans terms, per sey!

posted on Apr, 5 2010 @ 01:38 PM
link   
It could be.

But it's not.

posted on Apr, 5 2010 @ 01:44 PM
link   
I can't get it to play. Has is been removed?
Thanks!

posted on Apr, 5 2010 @ 01:54 PM
link   

What makes Zacharia Sitchin instantly credible to me is the fact that he was arrested. He was considered a threat to national security for having so called false documents. That is why he was arrested. Everyone is always saying he wasn't qualified to translate Sumerian text. In my opinion he is the only one that is qualified to translate Sumerian text. He has put more research into it than anyone else on this Planet.(as far as I know) Actually, Sumerian text was uncommon until Sitchin came along, and yet people are still to this day saying that he was unqualified.

Zacharia Sitchin wrong? I don't think so. His history alone would seem to suggest otherwise.

~ Zeus

posted on Apr, 5 2010 @ 01:57 PM
link   
reply to post by Zeus2573

zues thanks for your post, and thanks for having my back. the truth be told know one will now the truth, but sure appreciate poeple such as yourself putting the information out there and letting the people decide for themselves! that is all anyone can do? again keep up the posts, will be looking forward in hearing more about your research

posted on Apr, 5 2010 @ 01:59 PM
link   

Actually no. Those fields are not pseudoscience. They all adhere to the scientific method and must pass peer review before they are even published in a journal. The great thing about science is that I do not need to be an expert in a field to read articles from an expert in the field and understand them. Therefore, I may not know Sumerian, but I do know English which most journal articles are written in. Therefore, when somebody who is able to read Sumerian publishes a journal article discussing their finds I can read and understand that. Therefore, I am able to understand that there are no experts in Sumerian that support Sitchin's translations and in fact many have pointed out problems with his translations. I am also able to understand articles published by physicists and that once again they disagree with Sitchin and in many cases show exactly why his physics are wrong. So, please explain to me why you keep listening to a man who is not an expert in any of the fields he "researches" and refuse to listen to the people who have spent years studying in these fields and are published in scientific journals.

posted on Apr, 5 2010 @ 02:20 PM
link   

so they published sumerian texts written in english? second question, if so plz elaborate where these sumerian cuneiform texts deciphered in english translations are?

thinking that you have spent one too many years at college? my college not harvard or Yale university, but one none the less, even had my astronomy teacher fill us all in that astronomy is a soft science as they truly dont know the facts, and the facts change on a daily basis. Would you not say that is a soft science when the facts change daily? Last, but not least, lets talk about publishing, will we. What exactly does it take to get published? an individual hears that one must be published in which takes several scientist trying to discredit ones argument, thus when all scientist-professionals cannot find an argument in lou- of said hypothesis, then and only then is it a credible sourc, am i wrong? Now lets see who has been published where there work is in constant arguement shall we? Darwinism, Al Gore, and Sir Christopher Wren. I could go on and on, but the fact is about publishing, if it fits the social norms of the day, it is published regardless of its content being right or wrong! anyhow would like to hear where you get all of your information as i have asked nicely twice now?

posted on Apr, 5 2010 @ 02:25 PM
link   
Ok to all you Niburu believers out there..

I'll give you a challenge. you gott like a good challenge, right?

I want you to give us non-believers, Absolute, Concrete proof that Niburu Exists..

See, if I'm right. You'll all come up with Writings from people who think they know Niburu exists.

You may even come up with Cave Paintings showing some Hairy looking Domed Shaped Goat that you may think proves Niburu Exists..

I don't want a Video of some Nutcase saying Niburu Exists, either. Anyone can say that.

Nope..I don't want any of that Mumbo Jumbo. I just want Cold, Hard Proof, Undeniable Proof that Niburu Exists..

Teach me something instead of arguing about it..

I hope you can do it, I really do..

posted on Apr, 5 2010 @ 02:42 PM
link   

Actually I'm a senior studying psychology at a university. I have been accepted to a PhD. program and have run experiments before. In fact I am currently preparing a presentation for a few conferences, as well as working on an article to be published. So, I have some experience with science, including what you refer to as "soft science." The thing is even in fields like psychology and sociology a person must still be peer-reviewed to make sure their work is accurate as presented in a way that makes sense, as well as providing previous research that provides support for their theory. An experiment must also be presented in such a way that anyone could perform the same experiment and get the same results. It is then up to the researcher to determine what those results mean. Sitchin however uses faulty science and bad translations that are not agreed upon by anyone else in those fields.

As for places where there are articles on the Sumerian language, there a archeological journals, language journals, in fact there is a journal titled Journal of Cuneiform Studies. So, it's not like Sitchin is the only one that can read Sumerian. There are a number of scholars now and none of them agree with Sitchin's translations and those that have actually wasted their time on checking Sitchin's translations have found huge flaws in how he went about translating the texts.

posted on Apr, 5 2010 @ 02:43 PM
link   
reply to post by Damian-007

Of course there is no "concrete" proof. There may be undeniable proof out there somewhere but, I doubt anyone will be able to see it. All one would have to do is weigh out the information that is available on Nibiru and come to a determination. In my personal opinion, based on the information alone on Nibiru that is available, this seems to suggest that its existence is very real.

I believe in Nibiru for additional reasons, but that's beside the point.

Here is what you need to do. Do your own research on Nibiru as I and many others have and prove or dis-prove it's existence to yourself. It shouldn't be up to everyone else to make up your mind on it. Keep an eye on the Sun to see if you can spot it. Whether or not it is real is up to you to figure out.

My mind is made up on Nibiru's existence and I have made this decision on my own based on a compilation of a number of different things. It's your mind, and its up to you to decide what you do and do not wish to believe in. This is your responsibility not everyone else's.

Peace.

~ Zeus

posted on Apr, 5 2010 @ 02:46 PM
link   

when and where can you see Nibiru? I thought we were supposed to see it everyday now? I sort of believe in this, but need to see it to have proof. I've known about Nibiru since 2004.

posted on Apr, 5 2010 @ 02:55 PM
link   

You realized that Nibiru if does exist, it is not a planet right?

It would be a brown dwarf star with celestial bodies orbiting it.

Nothing can "hide" behind the sunfriend.

We go AROUND the sun, we'd see it eventually.

Everything you have said about this supposed planet/star is complete hogwash.

There is NO scientif evidence that proves any sort of external, eliptical orbit celestial body exists.

There are many theories that it does, even NASA has stated they think there is something tugging at the outer planets. However, it's not proof.

You can't use Sitchin either, he wrote fiction and his translations of Sumarian texts are sketchy and not peer reviewed to be accurate.

~Keeper

[edit on 4/5/2010 by tothetenthpower]

posted on Apr, 5 2010 @ 03:14 PM
link   
If Niburu were visible to the naked eye as claimed by posted images from camcorders then why haven't millions, even billions of people seen it? The answer is rather simple. Even though it would be great filler for prime time news it doesn't exist. What people are seeing and reporting are interesting optical events. The sky is full of them. Recently we, my children and I, have seen another circumzenith arc in addition to the sun dogs we regularly see.

Although Sitchin's claims are false from his translations of Sumerian to other everything else, at least people are taking the time to look and see that the sky is full of interesting things to observe. What people need to do is drop the Niburu shoehorning and take the time to look up these optical phenomena and learn about how fascinating the sky actually is.

[edit on 5-4-2010 by stereologist]

posted on Apr, 5 2010 @ 03:38 PM
link   
reply to post by tothetenthpower

That's your choice to believe it to be "hogwash". Granted what I believe about Nibiru isn't meant for everyone. Most of what I believe about Nibiru's motion is in theory only because it fits so well. The motion/ trajectory of this Planet wasn't something that I came up with on my own. I read it somewhere and it makes perfect sense to me. So, I except it as truth. All I am doing is passing on what I believe to be true. If you say its "hogwash" ( although that's kind of harsh) that is your right to have this opinion, just as it is my right to have mine.

~ Zeus

posted on Apr, 5 2010 @ 03:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by mysticalzoe

when and where can you see Nibiru? I thought we were supposed to see it everyday now? I sort of believe in this, but need to see it to have proof. I've known about Nibiru since 2004.

The best time to catch a glimpse of Planet Nibiru is during sunrise and sunsets. I have seen it twice during sunsets. I wish I knew when it would be visible, but, the truth is, that would be impossible for anyone to know.

~ Zeus

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join