It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

could this be niburu

page: 20
<< 17  18  19    21  22  23 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 11 2010 @ 07:28 AM
link   
Orbital perturbations have been used to successfully find a new planet. The planet Uranus was found by direct observation. It is said to be bright at times to become visible to the naked eye. My sight has not been good enough and I have failed to see the planet.

After Uranus was found and its orbit worked out, it was noticed that the motion of Uranus was not as predicted. That led to speculation that something was causing these motion differences. Neptune was predicted and found in 1846.

Then Neptune was seen to have anomalies in its movements. Was it another planet? No. Today it is believed that the problem was due to measurement error and incorrect assumptions about the mass of the planets. That was determined by the 1970s.

Recently a study was done to set bounds on the possibility of a new planet orbiting our sun. Anything out there has to be around 1.5x the distance from the sun as Pluto and never coming closer. The numbers are 39AU for Pluto and the closest a planet could be is 62AU. The same study supposes that the planet could be 440AU out, even 886AU out. But there's another problem astronomers in Hawaii believe that current astronomical studies make it impossible for any planet to be within 320AU. Remember that's 8x the distance to Pluto.

posted on Apr, 11 2010 @ 07:33 AM
link   
reply to post by allprowolfy

Do you have anything to add that is pertinent to the thread or are you going to continue with the childish name calling.

Do you have any comments on this paper:
Project PAN-STARRS

Please read and comment.

posted on Apr, 11 2010 @ 07:36 AM
link   
reply to post by Zeus2573

Actually some of the supposed Nibiru images are in fact atmospheric effects. Others are artifacts called lens flares. A link has been posted to someone that observed a fireball.

No images of a planet that does not exist.

Galileo had to demonstrate that a comet was outside of the atmosphere. Here we demonstrate that the images are inside of the atmosphere or inside of a camera. How odd.

posted on Apr, 11 2010 @ 08:40 AM
link   

posted on Apr, 11 2010 @ 11:47 AM
link   
Posts about other members are NOT On Topic

Stay On Topic or your post will be removed and you could be warned.

Thank you

Semper

posted on Apr, 11 2010 @ 01:37 PM
link   
im not sure if anyones put this but are we sure thisd isn't mars?
second line

posted on Apr, 11 2010 @ 02:42 PM
link   

posted on Apr, 11 2010 @ 02:54 PM
link   
reply to post by semperfortis

Double.

[edit on 11-4-2010 by Zeus2573]

posted on Apr, 11 2010 @ 03:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by Zeus2573

For anyone that thinks Sun-dogs create what appears to be a second sun, here is what a sun-dog looks like. The conditions have to be just right for them to occur.
en.wikipedia.org...
I never even knew what a sun-dog was until recently.

~ Zeus

ummm... ok, on this wikipedia link, I scrolled down to where there were lots of pictures of these sun-dogs. Take a look at the one labelled
"A sundog produced by sunlight passing through thin cirrus clouds. The true sun is outside of the picture to the right"
- I personally don't see a whole lot of difference between this pic of a sun-dog and the video of "nibiru" slightly further up this page. They both show what appears to be 'two copies' of the sun.

It's a cool effect, I'll admit - pretty amazing actually - but doesn't mean there's another planet up there.

I'm really struggling to understand how something apparently as large as Jupiter could be hiding behind the sun without having *major* gravitational effects on the earth.

And no, I don't think the recent earthquakes are caused by such effects (I think the effects would be a lot more, on gravity etc) - the earth has always had earthquakes and violent weather, and always will - we as humans only experience a tiny wee length of the earth's existence, who are we to say that such-and-such environmental occurences are unusual? They surely only seem that way because we haven't lived long enough to experience everything that ever happens to earth.

Edit to add:
The video I'm talking about "further up this page" was on page 7, titled 'nibiru video - second sun - planet x' - I'm just not getting the hang of linking/embedding here yet

Oh, and I'm not directing my posts directly to you Zeus, I only quoted your post cos it had the wikipedia link in it

[edit on 11-4-2010 by tappy]

posted on Apr, 11 2010 @ 03:41 PM
link   

posted on Apr, 11 2010 @ 04:23 PM
link   
reply to post by tappy

Yes you are directing it toward me. If you don't intend to do this then don't click on my post on this Nibiru thread. This is precisely the kind of behavior I'm talking about.

Let me give it to you all straight. I completely and totally believe in Nibiru's existence nothing or no one on this God forsaken Planet is ever going to change my mind. I believe Nibiru's existence as fact in MY own mind. And by the end of 2012 everyone on this Planet will believe Nibiru's existence to be fact too. So, you can all stop with your lens flare,sun-dog and all the other nonsense you people continue to throw my way. You ALL better learn to understand this right quick. Believe me when I tell you that it IS in your best interest to do so.

Not another word to me about lens flares, sun-dogs or any other nonsense.

You can bet that I will remember the way I was done in this life. Especially in my latter day's. I will remember everyone who has helped me, and I will remember who has done me wrong. I will know every name.

This world is a joke. It's pretty sad when a guy can't even portray his own beliefs on a Nibiru thread on a consriracy web-site without being treated in a cruel manor. I have never been more pissed in my entire life. .

Atleast I still have something good to look forward to in the arrival of Nibiru.

More fuel for the fire. And let me tell you I haven't burned this HOT in years.

When I get HOT, I only get better.

Edit: Changed. Much respect to the mods.

~ Zeus

posted on Apr, 11 2010 @ 05:07 PM
link   

Come on Zeus. Forget this bickering and let's get back on topic.

I like your posts, the ones on topic. You have made me think pretty hard. Because of you I looked up a lot of information I was hazy on before responding.

Zeus, what I am always amazed at is that each time I look at a topic of interest I find that science has advanced more than I dreamed possible. The ability of science to exclude the possibility of a planet out some 300+AU is amazing. I would not have thought to check up that issue unless you inspired me to do it.

I am not mocking. I am sincere in saying that our discussion has been productive to me. I hope you too see that. You still believe in Nibiru and that is OK with me.

posted on Apr, 11 2010 @ 06:02 PM
link   
Deleted.

In hindsight it wasn't even worth bringing it up.

Besides, who am I to tell the mods of this web-site what to do.

My bad.

~ Zeus

posted on Apr, 11 2010 @ 06:20 PM
link   
reply to post by stereologist

What would you know about being on topic? I have seen you more off topic than anyone else on this entire Nibiru thread. You productive? If you are talking about you derailing this thread then yes you have been very productive. As far as anything else, you have provided nothing. I have witnessed you badger others as well. And for what? All because someone had an opinion and you didn't like it? Just who do you think you are? I would love to meet you in person.

You want me to take a Scientific approach to Nibiru? Ok? Because of Science we have all been lied to about Nibiru's existence in the first place. The majority of most things on or about Planet Earth and everyone that exists to this day is all a big fat lie. The current civilization on Planet is going to be wiped out very soon and it is all being hidden from us by using Scientific methods. Yes there is about to be an extinction level event real soon and here you are trying to keep my mouth shut by using a Scientific method. I have been through this Scientific approach with you once. I'm not doing it again. Besides, you don't listen. You have made it pretty obvious not just with me, with others too that your opinion only matters. I have dealt with your kind my entire life. You are nothing new to me.

Let me make something clear because this is true. The problem is not the Scientist in this world. The problem is the Science itself.

Science in this world is a joke. Science has been used for all the wrong reasons. Which is what you have been doing and are trying to do now.

Science? I would love to truly tell you what you can do with your Science but, I'm just not that mean spirited.

Get off of your high horse pal. Just because you have the mods on your side isn't going to make the tide change for you. You lost this battle before it even got started.

You know what ,come to think of it. I don't even think that it's the mods fault.( sorry mods I am just at my ropes end) I remember when I first came to this web-site a little over a year ago. The thread content was amazing. I mean not that it isn't anymore, with the Nibiru threads and all, it's just that things have changed. I remember reading threads before and being totally enthralled by them. I rarely even commented. I just read them and stayed on the sidelines. Now it seems that all there is is lie's and cover up's, especially on Nibiru and I'm not going to tolerate it any longer from ANYBODY. As soon as a Nibiru thread comes out along come the dis-infoer's and the thread get's buried. The best thing that could have been done is to let things run it's natural course. Hiding the truth is bad for ALL. To hide the truth is just stupid. I have seen good friends of mine banned for no reason other than telling the truth and/or speaking their minds. I truly believe that this entire web-site has been hijacked by some higher up scum bags. I love this web-site I hate seeing things that I love being contaminated or mis-treated. I'm quite certain you boy's and girl's know where I live, why don't you come over here and get some. You will soon find out what true power and authority is all about.

Come on. Let's do this.

I fear God only.

~ Zeus

posted on Apr, 11 2010 @ 07:29 PM
link   
Zeus what is interesting is that you seem perturbed by me commending you for believing. If that is it I can certainly stop saying you've inspired to do some learning.

But back to Nibiru. What is interesting to me is that the idea of a planet and its properties were so poorly checked out by Sitchin. He apparently had no clue about gravity, how easy it is to detect planets with modern instruments, or any of the other scientific issues stated by Sitchin that are obviously and clearly false.

The other possibility is that Sitchin saw money and didn't care. It's like that phoney English class question: Why did the author write this book? The teacher tosses a hissy fit over the obvious answer: money.

So here is a link to an actual scholar and his comments on the spewage from Sitchin.
Nibiru

The original question is "Could this be nibiru?". Still the answer is absolutely no.

posted on Apr, 11 2010 @ 07:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by stereologist
reply to post by allprowolfy

Do you have anything to add that is pertinent to the thread or are you going to continue with the childish name calling.

Do you have any comments on this paper:
Project PAN-STARRS

Please read and comment.

I read it. All that worthless piece of literature is is your typical governmental, psyop, over complicated, propaganda baloney. I've seen this a million times. What's this to prove?

Means nothing. It's as about as clear as mudd.

~ Zeus

posted on Apr, 11 2010 @ 07:47 PM
link   

Hmmm. So you didn't understand what was written. That's a shame. What can I help you with?

In the mean time

[edit on 11-4-2010 by stereologist]

posted on Apr, 11 2010 @ 07:58 PM
link   

Once again, not true at all. It seems your only intentions is to attempt to change my view point on Nibiru.
It never was my intention to win anyone over on the subject of Nibiru. I would rather people made up their own minds.

So tell me Stereologist, just what is your intentions? Eh?

Is it to

A) Change my viewpoint on Nibiru?----FAILED
B) Have your evidence out weigh other evidence?----FAILED
C) Be cunning and witty----FAILED
D) To win everyone over and make them listen to you?----FAILED
E) To change anything overall?----FAILED

~ Zeus

posted on Apr, 11 2010 @ 08:04 PM
link   

You help me? You should be more concerned about helping yourself because let me tell you you need it more than I do.

Now back on the topic of Nibiru. New video for ya.
www.youtube.com...

For there shall be signs and wonders in the sky! Yes indeed Lord Jesus! All praise be to God Almighty!!

Amen Brother! Will you be my brother Stereologist?

Please? Please with a scoop of Golden Nibiru on top?

Enjoy!

~ Zeus

posted on Apr, 11 2010 @ 08:41 PM
link   
Wow. What an idiotic video. That takes the cake for senseless nonsense. It makes Baywatch look respectable.

I get it this was a gag. Thanks for posting this humorous video.

new topics

top topics

<< 17  18  19    21  22  23 >>

join