It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

could this be niburu

page: 10
<< 7  8  9    11  12  13 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 6 2010 @ 12:09 AM
link   
Patmac, the problem is that a highly elliptical orbit that has been suggested for this planet becomes unstable fairly quickly due to interactions with other planets in the system. These same simulations that show that the orbit would be unstable are also used to predict the path of occultation of asteroids to a great degree of precision. It is well known that these simulations work very well. It's easy to imagine the orbit, but in practice it doesn't work.

The other problem with the planet is that it would reveal its existence two ways at least. One is to modify the path of other planets. That is not observed. Two is that the object would be easily detected by telescopes. Take a look into the evening sky and see Venus. If Nibiru existed it would be bright too and easily observed with the naked eye. No optical aids such as a telescope or binoculars would be required.

posted on Apr, 6 2010 @ 12:25 AM
link   
Here's the FAQ from David Morrison at NASA:

astrobiology.nasa.gov...

posted on Apr, 6 2010 @ 12:38 AM
link   

Originally posted by Tayesin

Originally posted by stereologist
To claim that a planet made of shiny gold, therefore a high albedo, can be in the solar system without anyone noticing is well a bit on the unbelievable.

Sitchin never claimed Nibiru was made of shiny gold, he claimed the Anunnaki suspended it in their atmosphere. In which case it would appear sparkly once it reflects light from our sun.

This is one of the things my old mentor fought with Sitchin about, his "addition" to justify the need to mine gold on earth. From my understanding there is nothing saying the Anunnaki suspended gold in their atmosphere for any reason.

Just an after-thought...
Funny how we humans have toyed with suspending aluminium in our atmosphere for various 'reasons'.

Tayesin and patmac, the problem is that the evidence is rather lacking or made up such as the claims of Sitchin's arrest and trial.

I'm not supporting Sitchin here, in fact I oppose some of his claims, and I do so based on my mentors work.

Don't forget that the planets Neptune and Uranus were found because they were predicted to exist and found close to their predicted positions. The predictions were based on the observations of the movements of the known planets in the solar system. Yet, here you'd like us to believe that here is an object that has an unstable orbit and large mass that orbits in a stable manner and has no noticeable effect on the other planets and cannot be seen although much smaller objects with less albedo are tracked.

All the planets in our system were described in the Sumerian Texts, including their sizes/masses, order, and appearance up-close long before our infant sciences "discovered" them.

And, I'm not asking you to "believe" anything. In fact, I'm very interested to learn more about what science thinks is the cause of much of the perturbations that are being recorded... and that may also align with the record of growing severity of natural events on our little rock.

I still take a wait and see attitude on Nibiru while I go about my daily tasks. I simply cannot discard the entire story as garbage or myth because of the excellent information that I do know from my mentors work with the British Museum an dhaving read their report on the reassembled bones as described quickly in my above post.

[edit on 5-4-2010 by Tayesin]

Right, I have also read and studied this..Sitchin claims, the Anunnaki needed gold as a result of an atmosphere problem with their home planet.

Sending micro particles of gold into the atmosphere, supposedly would seal the hole..kind of like what is happening with our ozone..im assuming.
Also saying they had depleted the gold on their planet, and Earth, being abundant with gold, was a great place to gather it.

Fairy tale or not..its an interesting story..but people have really stretched it and construed it beyond anything that Sitchin wrote.

posted on Apr, 6 2010 @ 12:39 AM
link   
I don't know what's on or off topic here. I stopped bothering with these purported "Nibiru" videos on youtube a long time ago.

The OP has said that he can't prove what he believes is true but he believes it nonetheless. That puts the the discussion into the realm of faith.

The Nibiru/Planet X myth is to a large extent the Flood Myth recycled for post-Christians.

posted on Apr, 6 2010 @ 12:44 AM
link   

The other problem with the planet is that it would reveal its existence two ways at least. One is to modify the path of other planets. That is not observed. Two is that the object would be easily detected by telescopes.

I was familiar with Pluto's strange orbit. However thats probably all accounted for somehow. (I'd like to look that up tomorrow.)

I also seem to remember something odd about Uranus or Jupiter though, in that they were behaving strangely and we were always looking for planet x to explain one or both of their behavioral shortcomings.

Also, I remember there being a few articles from the mid 80's when they launched the hubble. It was apparently the first telescope in space that was able to see heat signatures and other wavelengths. This allegedly gave the scientists their first glimpse of planet x and there should still be a couple articles about it from that time period if it's true. This how I understood the planet x conspiracy back from when I first started reading about it in the early 90's. It sounds like it's changed a whole lot since then.

posted on Apr, 6 2010 @ 12:49 AM
link   

Originally posted by patmac

Also, I remember there being a few articles from the mid 80's when they launched the hubble.

The Hubble was launched in 1990, I think.

You're talking about the IRAS from 1983 which was an infrared satellite. There were some sensationalized mainstream reports (the Washington Post gets cited frequently) at the time talking about some unidentified sources that might have been within the solar system. However they all turned out to be be distant galaxies and/or infrared cirrus.

The Planet X supporters continue to cite the original 1983 articles and ignore all the subsequent research, talking instead of a cover up.

posted on Apr, 6 2010 @ 12:51 AM
link   
Nibiru is real.. as real as me and you.. as real as the universe.. as real as aliens.. as real as dark matter.. and as real as the god particle.. alot of things are real...

posted on Apr, 6 2010 @ 12:54 AM
link   

Originally posted by DelMarvel

Also, I remember there being a few articles from the mid 80's when they launched the hubble.

The Hubble was launched in 1990, I think.

You're talking about the IRAS from 1983 which was an infrared satellite. There were some sensationalized mainstream reports (the Washington Post gets cited frequently) at the time talking about some unidentified sources that might have been within the solar system. However they all turned out to be be distant galaxies and/or infrared cirrus.

The Planet X supporters continue to cite the original 1983 articles and ignore all the subsequent research, talking instead of a cover up.

Ah ok, well that makes some sense.

So I guess that just leaves the cave wall paintings. Whats your take on that?

posted on Apr, 6 2010 @ 12:58 AM
link   

So I guess that just leaves the cave wall paintings. Whats your take on that?

I'm not sure what you mean specifically.

Are you talking about spirals in ancient petroglyphs and the Norway "spiral"?

posted on Apr, 6 2010 @ 02:06 AM
link   

Originally posted by lambs to lions
reply to post by v3_exceed

You must be joking. There are dozens of text in several languages documenting the account of Jesus. Some of them hundreds of pages. There is an often mis-translated little fragment of information from one ancient culture which mentions niburu. Other than that, just a bunch of elementary school quality videos on youtube. The two aren't comparable. Until someone, somewhere comes up with atleast a small shred of something. A photograph, or a few seconds of footage, anything! Then i would consider being more open-minded and entertain the idea, and even invest some time in my own research. Until then, it's a joke.

As expected, here comes the bible thumper. Jesus was a lie, perhaps the biggest lie of all of them. The whole point of organized religion has been about CONTROL. Please review the "texts" relating to the god Horus, or one of many before that as well. Until you show me a small shred of evidence, a photo of Jesus, a few seconds of footage...anything...then I would consider being more open minded. Until then Jesus was a joke.

..Ex

ps. don't bother derailing the thread with jesus garbage, I'm not going to respond.
..ex

posted on Apr, 6 2010 @ 02:25 AM
link   
reply to post by Zeus2573

There are plenty of AMATUER astronomers with pro size equipment like this .

www.mdpub.com...

www.mdpub.com...

group70.org...

Many thousands of AMATUER astronomers around the Earth ,NOT one has posted a picture of Nibiru you only see pictures from the internet and youtube nutters.

You are just being carried along by the internet hype re Nibiru and 2012 cant wait for 2013 and to hear all the reasons why nothing happened!

posted on Apr, 6 2010 @ 02:30 AM
link   
ok so far i have seen god and nibiru and the planet x theory when are we going to learn sometimes things happen that we cannot explain or put into a catagory? ok nibiru this could be as real as the god particle which i dont beleve but who cares? and this planet x theory which i don't know much about but this is what i do know i have read all of these posts and realized there is no way to prove or dis-prove this, this is just going to go on and on and on and on until someone says enough

posted on Apr, 6 2010 @ 06:13 AM
link   
Nasa posted on their website about finding the planet for 6 months ago
?

posted on Apr, 6 2010 @ 06:44 AM
link   

Originally posted by Archirvion
Nasa posted on their website about finding the planet for 6 months ago
?

Wasn't Nibiru
was it, lots of planets may have been found over the last few years all round other stars and mostly huge gas giants
like Jupiter on steroids.

[edit on 6-4-2010 by wmd_2008]

posted on Apr, 6 2010 @ 07:03 AM
link   
reply to post by killer4281

Planet-x is nirubu
wich also the NASA call Orcus

posted on Apr, 6 2010 @ 07:07 AM
link   
One other planet wich i find even more exiting is Uranus
The sumerian found Uranus and its moon miranda long before we could see it
-

Its almost like we are catching up with the sumerians.

[edit on 6-4-2010 by Archirvion]

posted on Apr, 6 2010 @ 07:40 AM
link   
I doubt that the Sumerian recognized Uranus as a planet. It is possible to see it without a telescope every once in a while. I tried years ago, but my eyesight isn't good enough. Uranus was discovered in 1781 because astronomers predicted the position of the planet, looked and found it.

There was also a question about Pluto. Pluto is much smaller than what has been suggested for Nibiru. It's orbit is not nearly as eccentric as the one purported for Nibiru. Those two issues differentiate Pluto from the claim made for Nibiru.

posted on Apr, 6 2010 @ 07:44 AM
link   
reply to post by Archirvion

Orcus is small. It is not the size claimed for Nibiru. It also has a well known orbit of 247 years, not the 3000+ claim for Nibiru. It is a type of object that may not be uncommon in our solar system. Orcus and similar objects in our solar system are not headed towards the earth.

posted on Apr, 6 2010 @ 08:36 AM
link   
Nibiru is very real, like the OP said The Governments and NASA have known all along. Most of us have seen the signpost all along but ignorance got in the way, only people with Stature, Status or plenty of Money/Gold will survive here on Earth. Life will go on as it has done before, New religions will be created, New beliefs will be created, New Species will be created... but one thing will remain the same "The Deception" once the population grown again the ones who survived will create another hell hole, same agenda different year. And we who are left to rot will finally get the chance to move up in the world

Don't fear though, I have seen the destruction of 2011-2013 in Remote Viewing and it was a time of unity. People celebrating in the streets even though the world around us was being dramatically transformed. People burning money and their possessions destroying everything we never needed in the first place, all the attachments we once had will be gone. Sure there will be tears but these will be tears of joy remembering the good times we had. Suffering will be no more, Ego will be no more.....

Then they will come, huge flying machines from the sky "Thousands and Thousands of crafts" Many beings who were here 3600 years ago and went through the same transformation as us, the ones left behind "The Governments / The Rich" will keep humanity in the cycle of life for another 3600 Years.

In the future we will be the ones visiting Earth in Crafts, We will be the beings who are labeled as ET's, Angles, Gods.... everything will reset and we will finally move up and see the bigger picture.

[edit on 6-4-2010 by NotAgain]

posted on Apr, 6 2010 @ 08:43 AM
link   

Originally posted by NotAgain

Don't fear though, I have seen the destruction of 2011-2013 in Remote Viewing and it was a time of unity.

[edit on 6-4-2010 by NotAgain]

Please make everyone a promise on here when what you state above does not happen you will say sorry to everyone or leave!

new topics

top topics

<< 7  8  9    11  12  13 >>

join