It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Victoria Cross hero, refuses to shake Gordon Brown's hand

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 5 2010 @ 05:46 AM
link   
Johnson Beharry, Britain's highest decorated serving soldier, refused to shake Gordon Brown's hand in a protest during a state ceremony.

“I was absolutely furious with him. All that was going through my head was to knock him out.
“So on the official line-up that time, I decided I'd get his attention and let him know how I felt.

The UK Prime Minister had shown disrespect to the servicemen according to Beharry.

I like this, it must have taken some nerve to do that. I can't imagine a US soldier daring to do this against a US President. Or have they in the past?

Good on him I say!

posted on Apr, 5 2010 @ 05:49 AM
link   
Forgot to add that he didn't just refuse to shake his hand he turned his back on him and walked away!

This is like the movie Gladiator turning his back on the Emperor haha.
Re ad in full here.

posted on Apr, 5 2010 @ 05:52 AM
link   
Fair play to the man.

More and more people need to stick to what they believe, and if that belief can be symbolically represented by avoiding or dismissing TPTB then even better.

posted on Apr, 5 2010 @ 06:13 AM
link   
Well played soldier.

When Mr Brown finally see why people dont like him or want him as prime minister maybe he might try to change his ways.
ok joke over.

I would of done the same thing if i was in the mans position, have any americans done this yet ? would they dare to their new o'mighty obama ?

posted on Apr, 5 2010 @ 06:46 AM
link   
reply to post by muddyhoop

A good lad this man is. I'd feel really bad if I was G.Brown, rightfully so.

posted on Apr, 5 2010 @ 07:05 AM
link   
Grenadese born Lance Corporal Beharry is full of himself. That's not my opinion, it's that of someone I know who serves in the British Army. He currently languishes at the taxpayers expense despite being medically unfit for duty. Anyone else would have been discharged from service by now, but poster boy still clings on.

Perhaps he should remember that his loyalty is to the government of the day, through the Crown ? And that the opinion of one foreign born Lance Corporal matters not a jot in the great scheme of things.

posted on Apr, 5 2010 @ 08:19 AM
link   

Originally posted by TheOracle

A good lad this man is. I'd feel really bad if I was G.Brown, rightfully so.

He probably doesnt actually care. I seriously dont believe these people give a # about anyone other than themselves, because if they had just a tiny amount of empathy they would stop doing what they do.

Since when did the government ever care about what the people wanted or felt, unless it fit in with their agenda?

Perhaps he should remember that his loyalty is to the government of the day, through the Crown ? And that the opinion of one foreign born Lance Corporal matters not a jot in the great scheme of things.

Loyalty to the government? Why the hell should someone remain loyal to people who have killed many, betrayed, lied to and stole from every single one of us? I agree with the last sentence though and it ties in with my reply to TheOracle.

Screw the government. I hope every single one of them experiences first hand the same evil they have given out. But unfortunately, this is the real world, and people like that always win.

posted on Apr, 5 2010 @ 08:32 AM
link   
reply to post by Firefly_

Who's pulling his strings ? And why ?

That's what you've got to ask yourself. I think it surprising the number of senior, serving military officers who feel confident enough to "have a go" at the Labour government. I'm reliably told that never happened during previous Conservative governments.

Someone's pulling Beharry's strings.

posted on Apr, 5 2010 @ 10:15 AM
link   

SnF OP!!! The headlines should read, "Man of Valour, show courage in the face of the enemy and demostrated strong courage to do what was right!"

Brownie was lucky the hand that did not shake his didn't hold a KaBar!

It is rare that members of the public can get close enough to TPTB to show such a protest.

All I can say is "Go Lance Corporal Beharry go"!!!!!!!!

top topics

join